no photo
Sat 08/08/15 06:52 PM
surprised I smell something... I think it's MightyMoe and Passytilly getting heated-up.

Yep, it smells like Bacon ! noway

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 06:38 PM
Jesus as having existed is a well documented event.

Not only in the Bible and the Quran, but also in secular historical writings.

What's wrong Moe... ?

Jesus hasn't been influential enough in the past two thousand years ?

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 06:25 PM
:laughing: You're Right... !

The problem lies with those who'd use Jesus as their licence for lawlessness.

In-short, Jesus isn't a Good-Luck Charm, he's someone to be emulated.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 06:16 PM
Excellent...

And You can plainly see that Jesus differentiates himself from his Heavenly Creator.

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 05:57 PM
The very act of believing requires more than just entertaining-the-thought, though.

"Faith without works is dead." (Also A Scriptural Quote)

no photo
Sat 08/08/15 04:56 PM
I agree with Conrad...

Christendom in general usually tries to imply that Jesus having died for humanity-in-general has some significance in the actual blood-letting process.

The assumption that somehow it's a fare-trade for the Good Guy to appease God for the sins of the Bad Guy isn't what constitutes the sacrifice.

The sacrifice is while in the act of professing God's will, there was no compromise in Jesus' integrity to do so.

Jesus was determined to advocate God's will even in the face of torture and death.

If You advocate and practice the same integral life of Jesus then You also claim the same hope as he had.

Now, if Jesus didn't stay-the-course, despite his being righteous, then the transcendent-hope would not have been received by anybody whether-or-not they be lost in their own transgressions or not.

While Jesus did endure a physical death on a cross, that event couldn't actually kill him spiritually.

Jesus said, "Do not be fearful of those who can kill the Body, but can not kill the Soul."

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 07:55 PM

Sheik, can restfulness be explained after you're gone?

A different state of restfulness - as in what? You're dead and that's it?

That's why I said, "Restfulness or Oblivion, for lack of a better word."

Non-Believers hope for Oblivion I'm assuming.

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 07:39 PM
surprised Hold it everybody... !

I'm contemplating the advantages of, 'Death By Chocolate.'

The ladies wont stand a chance !

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 06:49 PM

You best hope your right about the end or it could be a hot afterlife...

Yes... !

I'm expecting the ladies to be spectacular. spock

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 06:46 PM
Edited by SheikOfLaBroquerie on Fri 08/07/15 07:02 PM
TB Rich was the first to call me, 'Sheihk Yur Booty'.

Where is TB Rich, lately ?

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 06:29 PM
Blondey111 and I have something in common...

We both have obviously witnessed death often enough that there is a mutual anxiety about how we may actually die.

As for what we anticipate after completely expiring... ? There we differ in so-much as we expect a different state of restfulness.

(Restfulness Or Oblivion, For Lack Of A Better Word)

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 11:02 AM
sad Conrad... !

Jon Stewart is off-the-air !

Please, tell me You watched it religiously ? :cry:

no photo
Fri 08/07/15 10:48 AM
Is the question more-so, "What is putting religion first... ?"

As opposed to, 'What is putting religion last ?'

Too often, many are only conscience of any spiritual hope only while lying on their death-beds.

This offers the least comfort then.

Please, don't think a Supreme Being hasn't seen through One's contempt over the rest of their life-time.

Not to say true remorse can't be found at this point, but that is a rare epiphany.

no photo
Thu 08/06/15 11:11 PM
Not to imply prayer is not useful, but all too often requests aren't necessarily in line with God's plans.

Remember, God isn't supposed to be at our beck-and-call, but rather, the other-way-around.

no photo
Thu 08/06/15 07:03 PM
Dear Pansytilly,

While I have empathy for Your Grandmother in the hospital, it might be presumptuous to assume we can decide someone's fate by praying it away.

We should never assume we are somehow exempt from death.

Rather than jointly asking for health or a return to a measure of physical strength, perhaps asking for a God's will and a prepared disposition for whatever must come next would be more beneficial.

no photo
Thu 08/06/15 06:44 PM
Jesus said, "I do nothing of my own accord, except by leave of Him who sent me."

As an example of Jesus dependence upon someone greater than himself, please read the healing of a deaf and speech impedimented man.

(Mark 7: 31-37)

******************************************************************************************************************************************

I want to emphasize verse 34 as Jesus looks toward Heaven just before he says, "Ephphatha !"

no photo
Thu 08/06/15 06:19 PM

If One wants to know who Jesus is or the sort of character he has, you only need to read three short common gospel accounts.

The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John don't take a whole week to read.

But, don't count on actually praying to Jesus... Rather, pray to the God who sent him.

no photo
Thu 08/06/15 05:56 PM
I like Hebrewstan myself. smile2

no photo
Sun 08/02/15 09:23 PM
Colonel Bleep and Squeak and Scratch will be relieved. smile2

no photo
Sun 08/02/15 09:10 PM
So, 4 thousand years later... Who's an Israelite by pure blood-tie and who's an Ishmaelite by pure blood-tie ? whoa

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25