no photo
Sat 10/31/15 10:23 PM
Edited by SheikOfLaBroquerie on Sat 10/31/15 10:27 PM
Yes, I understand it is meant to complement the Torah.

It does seem like a general guideline relative to the time-period though.

After all... It actually mentions names of people who are long since deceased.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 09:52 PM

Thank You... This isn't a scriptural quote, but it is some kind of secular prerequisites called the Tractate Sanhedrin.

I really don't know what this document is about or if it's actually something from Babylon.

It appears to have been something current to that era. what

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 09:29 PM
Edited by SheikOfLaBroquerie on Sat 10/31/15 10:07 PM
The assumption that every ritual format is needing a conformation from a Hadith doesn't make sense.

For example people have been praying (salaah) for thousands of years before Mohammad came along.

The Quran also states some very basic concepts that are immediately recognizable to other former Monotheistic congregations. Do You prefer to alienate and make new-comers to the Masjid uncomfortable ?

Here's an example of something I'm assuming is a Hadith that is likely allegedly professed by Mohammad.

Many pray or make salaah with rakats. (repetition)

I don't... !

The reason being the prophet Jesus said in the Enjeel, "Do not be saying your prayers over and over again like the neighboring (pagan) nations. Do you think you'll get a hearing from Allah due to the abundance of words... ? Did you think Allah didn't hear you the first time ?"

So, who is more rightly guided than One who applies what the Quran has to say with regards what it says I should or should not apply ?

If You have a Hadith that You think is right, then prove it to me with both the Quran and the Bible.

Lastly, if You make Islam incomprehensible to new-comers with Hadiths, how have You succeeded in bringing anyone to Islam ?

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 08:26 PM

I'm sorry, friend, you are wrong. The rules for the death penalty are recorded in the Talmud. 12 judges had to find the accused guilty and they were killed by dropping a large rock off a cliff or structure onto the guilty person. The rock was picked to be large enough to kill the person in one hit.

EDIT: You're right, it's not 12. It's 23.

I'd really like a scriptural quote if it isn't too much trouble.

no photo
Sat 10/31/15 07:52 PM
I believe there were 12 judges for each of the twelve tribes of Israel, but I'm not certain they all jointly would sit on judgement of one case like a jury.

After the accused was found guilty then the accuser/accusers had the right to throw the first stone.

no photo
Fri 10/30/15 03:06 PM

Polygymists had to be able to financially support their wives, their different households and their children to each wife.
So it seems it is only for the wealthier men to pursue. Is this true?

Not so...

One of the stupidest stereo-types is a harem full of women lying around all day long with nothing to do.

Even the Bible says, "Let those who do not work, neither let them eat."

(2nd Thessalonians 3: 10)

This doesn't exempt that husband from dealing equally with all his wives with regards what he does allocate to them, and all have rights of inheritance including their children.

Statistically, the majority of polygynist households are in largely agricultural areas where everybody is working.

no photo
Fri 10/30/15 02:46 PM
A Fire-Arms Enthusiast might make the claim that he/she must become one-with-the-gun in order to take-the-shot, but rarely do I assume they own one rifle though. whoa

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:52 PM
Even the hedge in the back-ground isn't in the reflection.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:50 PM

her arms are different...

Yes Mightymoe, I hadn't noticed that !

Likely the cropped water-line shot was entirely an after thought.

They (The Two Girls) could also have been two separate young ladies during a still shot.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:05 PM

Bigamy just means 'Two Spouses' where-as Polygamy means 'Many Spouses.'

Ummmmm, the same thing !

Bigamy: the act of going through a marriage ceremony while already married to another person.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:00 PM
Edited by SheikOfLaBroquerie on Thu 10/29/15 05:13 PM
Regarding the subject of concubinage.

This usually implies women who've been taken captives during wars and eventually becomes wives to the masters of those households.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 05:00 PM

5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?

6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

The reference is still pertaining to a mutual contract between said husband and perspective wife in the conjugal-act. (One Flesh)

Also, let no other MAN separate that arrangement.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 04:48 PM
shocked That's what that means... !

And all this time I thought she was disappointed again. whoa

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 04:41 PM
surprised Okay then...

One down and a little more than seven billion to go.

no photo
Thu 10/29/15 04:36 PM
"Oh, Blondey111... !"

I see You're still holding-out for that Special Someone who's into French-Kissing for Earwax and Nasal Sex ! winking

no photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:20 AM
scared I know... !

The cans pop and the bottles break !

(All Things In Moderation Is The Message Here)

no photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:16 AM
Hey... !

I NEED to keep drinking or I'll end-up pooping marbles.

no photo
Tue 10/27/15 11:10 AM
Okay Tom...

If the beer doesn't move that's too cold and that isn't good either ! noway

no photo
Tue 10/27/15 10:52 AM
Edited by SheikOfLaBroquerie on Tue 10/27/15 10:55 AM
I guess I'm just saying that the facts can have/be both independent and dependant variables, I guess.

no photo
Tue 10/27/15 10:52 AM
sad2 The fact is that I need a beer, the truth is that I might not have any !

Until I confirm this truth only then will there be determined chaos or euphoria.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25