Community > Posts By > habitforming

habitforming's photo
Mon 11/23/09 04:19 PM
May be Habitforming

habitforming's photo
Fri 07/31/09 04:58 AM

Everything that is has become because of will.

I dont agree with that at all.

When i met Dan, we were on another site, and we were good friends for the first yr. I wasnt looking for romance at all, it was after a group meet up that our friendship evolved into a romantic love.

I didnt will it to happen, and none of us planned it, it just happened very naturally, which is the way it should be imo.

Sooner or later though, you willed to be close.
Will is the same force that caused creation
and yes the will came upon you it had nothing to do with your
intent.

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:43 PM

hummmm, well you can tell a lot about a person in one live conversation.

Yeah, we should talk sometime, you and I. Just for the _____ of it.:tongue:

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:41 PM

OP i am with you ... many spend too much time chatting on the internet. Need to get out from behind the screen and expereince life.

Yes we all do... and its one of those ASAP things too...

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:39 PM

Like any other tool you will succeed if you use it properly.

O.T. - My experiences have been both satisfactory and unsatisfactory.

Satisfactory because I have met intresting people and unsatisfactory because so far I haven't found anyone I am compatible with for one reason or another.

A tool it is.... (hey I've been called that)!
Imagine that, you still haven't found what you're looking for...
That is, after all, where this leads me- neither have I. I really have met some wonderful prospects here, and they have met me... But Ive not met most. The math is staggering...

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:30 PM

I think online is easier and "funner" than the phone but online there doesn't seem to be much commitment as far as, "Okay, let's go to the International Maggot Hanging and I'll pick you up at 7:00." Folks type up a blue streak but it doesn't seem to lead to much.(for me anyway). sad

You're right... It never "goes" anywhere. Actually, this is a wonderful place to do the friendster thingy, but to be honest, that aint what I signed up for...
Maggot Hanging... Is it that time of year again?
I want to go see the Bodies exhibit-

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 08:20 PM
Some really fantastic answers, folks!
If comparing the two, I have to say that they each have their strengths
I like the spontaneity of phone interaction- I also get a more precise
feeling about a person's state of being from the timbre of their voice.
As for interacting on line, I would say that it is easier to communicate beyond the point- explanation, elaboration- both seem more comfortable on the keyboard.
The safety issue is valid, but way over emphasized. I think there are
dangers in every aspect of life, but to be honest, thats the way life is. I couldn't single out any one dating method as being more hazardous than the next, and anyway at the end of the day its myself I need to trust.
In the end, I feel that dating without spontaneity is cold and calculated. I feel that profiles are a pain in the ***, and never really tell you anything in the long run. I feel it is better to know what I want to know about you in the moment, before the answer I seek is composed by your ego.
It is all risk- so buck up!

habitforming's photo
Tue 07/28/09 07:35 AM
re·dun·dant (r-dndnt)
adj.
"1. Exceeding what is necessary or natural; superfluous.
2. Needlessly wordy or repetitive in expression: a student paper filled with redundant phrases.
3. Of or relating to linguistic redundancy."-on line dictionary

Remembering that there was a time when participation in a dating site just might mean meeting someone and going out with them, I decided to be pro-active in my own quest for companionship and try something old-
the telephone.
I signed up for a dating site using my cell and I am happy to report that my social life has come alive. I've met numerous people and I have actually gone out with one person- we didn't waist time gathering information about each other and just kind of trusted in the process,
and please to say, my social life is better for it.
I'm sure that alot of you have tried this, and I'm curious to know if your experience was the same as mine?

habitforming's photo
Thu 07/23/09 05:14 AM
thanks... I will try to not be so expressive.

habitforming's photo
Thu 07/23/09 05:09 AM
although I agree that love has a mind of its own, the thought of what will be will be seems nihilistic. Everything that is has become because of will.
I know how communities are- I also know that what I read in the profiles of women here. I know there are many reasons a person might
enter this community, I suppose that if they didn't say they were looking for love, I wouldn't be writing this...

habitforming's photo
Thu 07/23/09 04:32 AM
Edited by habitforming on Thu 07/23/09 04:33 AM
I has occurred to me that the power and beauty of living in the information age
is a two edged sword. Being here on Mingle has been for me the equivalent of walking through a superstore of every type of lover imaginable, all on display
and ready for our inspection.
what then do we do when we all at once come across that one person- the one that stops us dead in our tracks, the one that makes our heart jump, when we realize that the price we might have to pay might be far too much than we are able?
I suppose that I must at once check myself- examine my motives for being in what turns out to be the wrong section- I mean after all, would it be wiser for me to limit (God I hate that word) myself to those that are easily accessible?
Being intelligent I was told means choosing the best- not only over the worst, but also over the second best. I believe that there is no other perfect for me than the one I choose- regardless of aggravating of mitigating circumstances.
When faced with limits- in any respect- my natural response is to exceed those limits, for I remember that my entire life has been just that- a series of successes over the gravity of this thing called life.
So wherever you are my love make your light shine.... and I will find you.
and then we will fly.

habitforming's photo
Thu 07/23/09 04:26 AM
wondering what that is- I'm wondering if there ae any women left in New York that the fellows didn't snatch up already?

habitforming's photo
Wed 07/15/09 10:27 PM
Im a-
little bit hard to understand
a bit high maintenance
willing to give what I demand
dont have alot of patience
cant say where Im goin furthermore
I aint obsessed with knowin
Its enough for me
just to know Im flowin
dont need no guided tour
in the prison of the well -regarded
being socially incorrect
the meek are disinherited
unable to connect
Im here to play the jester
to a crowd caught in despair and you think Im hard to comprehend
Im a
little bit perverted
a bit high strung
alone at night Im sure
you get where Im comming from
my fantasies erotic
a slight bit too exotic
better than self repressed
or a borderline neurotic
on a scale from one to ten
I am the best time you'll ever spend
I try harder than any you could send
still you think Im hard to comprehend?

habitforming's photo
Sun 07/05/09 05:43 PM
Well the grill is simmerin' after two days of burn, and I just ate and feel like its time for a workout! Salmon Skewered, Filets went down like butter, and the air blew from across the mountain, like a light blanket on a brisk summer night...
wish you were here- whoever you are- I hope that you don't miss many more magic moments like this-

habitforming's photo
Sat 07/04/09 06:23 PM
Happy July 4th New York!!!!!!

habitforming's photo
Sat 07/04/09 06:22 PM
got the grill sayin puff puff puff...
smouldering bricketts in the summer air
party goin on everywhere...
an occasional boom or bang
out in a roadhoue by the I 80
Happy July 4th!

habitforming's photo
Tue 06/30/09 08:06 AM

Just wanted to say that it is great to see that the US will finally get to produce an American car.
"the company says it will produce a small car in a refurbished UAW-GM plant."- Fortune 5/29
Any time I see Manufacturing jobs kept here in the country, I heave a sigh. Makes me feel more secure in the fact that our ability to be independent of other countries has improved.
May we always make what we use
May we always buy from one another
as Americans-

Good luck to you.

But America is NOTHING without the global market.

We are all reliant on each other.

spoken like a true immigrant.

habitforming's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:21 PM
Just wanted to say that it is great to see that the US will finally get to produce an American car.
"the company says it will produce a small car in a refurbished UAW-GM plant."- Fortune 5/29
Any time I see Manufacturing jobs kept here in the country, I heave a sigh. Makes me feel more secure in the fact that our ability to be independent of other countries has improved.
May we always make what we use
May we always buy from one another
as Americans-

habitforming's photo
Mon 06/29/09 03:33 AM
do you believe
in things
that you cant see
and do you feel
emotions that arent real
and do you play
the games that you cant win