Community > Posts By > JaiGi

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/22/15 07:08 AM

Why is it that isis can hog the headlines of the world media especially in light of the Paris attacks yet boco harem in central Africa recieve paltry coverage at best for there terror, yet have killed more???
Answer: because the white populace of the western world care little about there fellow man, uncomfortable to the deniers but the truth? I think so.

It's not about 'black' people anymore. Condella Rice made a greater impact as F_Secy of USA than 'white' Clinton did. (speaking from India).

After B. Obama the word 'black' lost meaning to this part of the world where Muslims are in majority & may come as a surprise: Muslims in India are more 'white' than their Hindu counterparts.

So the question narrows down to coverage of Africa in comparison to Europe;
not black to white; unless we want to make it so.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:43 AM

I think that one major problem is media itself.

Stop listening to the PROAGANDA, start living a normal life with a lot less Fear.

I certainly cannot speak for anyone else, but I don't see people living in fear. I see people determined to beat this.

I live right across the river from NYC, you can ( or could) see the twin towers clearly.. couldn't help but see them. and I and millions of others stood there and watched them come down.

I saw shock.. total shock... and disbelieve, and a lot of people crying..men and women.And after it set in as to what actually happened, a collective rage. But I did not see fear.. and still don't, regardless of what is in the media. and NYC ( and other countries that have been hit already) does not live in fear., the people refuse to.

I see determination, not fear.

The terrorist are banking on the fear factor.. which the civilized world has already proved to be ineffective

it was like unreal as a few of us saw the news channels halfway across the globe - camp / construction site. then a second plane? something from H.Wood; channel mix-up(?) and then the disaster started to filter in.

just can't imagine how you witnessed it first hand,

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:28 AM

Superstitious
There are more persons who are like that for example if they are going for an important work and if cat crosses from right to left on the road they will either quit tht work for tht day or otherwise they will go to home and pray for god and then continue.. "What do you think of superstitious"

Interesting that different cultures have different superstitions. I found that in Taiwan some buildings don't have a fourth floor, you go from the third to the fifth floor. Apparently the number four closely resembles the word death in Chinese, and since nobody wants to go to the death floor there isn't one, and in consequence the number 4 is generally considered as unlucky in Taiwan.

Got it, when they say
floor him!

JaiGi's photo
Mon 11/16/15 08:51 PM

I would want the family history & DNA of the boy & his parents.
And then, the house checked for paranormal activity.

One way another, that kid is out of this world. spock

in the picture (link) his mother looks as dumb as the rest of us.
so what would DNA reveal? - a different neural structure??

nope, the TV was kept on - his mom could not afford a baby sitter.
good thing the child is not wearing glasses; not yet.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/15/15 03:12 PM

I wonder if they will be releasing more names,,,,,

they have made several arrests at this point,,,

Hollande seems to be like O, absolutely no idea what to do!!
All shadow targets. He was in the football stadium!!

where did you expect him to be?
On the Barricades?whoa

H could've declared that "France's Muslim community must accept the Syrians on same lines like France accepted them (the earlier Muslim immigrants) OR ELSE..."

Instead: He declares war on ISIS - which does not 'exist on French soil'; just French Shia's network. So instead of the F_Shia community opening up & weeding out the anti-Syrians the declaration closed ranks among all Shia's.

As i said, H has absolutely no idea on governance.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/15/15 06:50 AM

I wonder if they will be releasing more names,,,,,

they have made several arrests at this point,,,

Hollande seems to be like O, absolutely no idea what to do!!
All shadow targets. He was in the football stadium!!

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/08/15 09:48 AM

surrogates are only a vehicle
there is no right except those that protect the baby they carry,,,
at least, that's as I think it should be if someone signs on to be only a vessel,, the law should allow them to be only a vessel,,

I see some validity in this view point: surrogate motors as a vessel.

In fact, this post coincided with a recent article in the n_papers here about an ongoing industry where Indian women were volunteering as surrogate mothers for overseas couples.
The news mentioned the government banning "foreign implants". I suppose it had something to do with our country's resources being drained; haha.

Branching off to a scientific view; if a test tube baby can grow in a human womb why not in an animal womb, like say some orangutan's? The reason for this inquiry is my growing belief that if man is to colonize planets like Mars he needs to acquire a skin with furs to resist radiation effects. (w.r.t a debate on the value of skin in the post: NASA Makes Major Mars Discovery );

The human embryo in the orangutan womb, if he/she survives to birth, could very well acquire superhuman powers; some details if any however unlikely genetically; like tail growth could be amputated. What I mean is if a womb is a vessel; we do need to consider all potential nature offers.

Ah, the many inferences of Law: There's a possibility that governments may wrangle over kids born of rental-wombs. If we go by the rule that any child born in the US territory automatically becomes a US citizen then we must allow this rule to extend to kids born off surogate moms in Indian territory.

This would not apply if the kids were born off a lab or an orangutan's womb. It would then be deemed as similar to a contract between companies and shipyards for building 'vessels'.

On an aside: Orangutan mom's don't feel anything when they lose a child year after year till her womb can no longer be milked to bear any more human kids. They call it karma.

Which finally leads me to think that Indian surrogate mothers, mired in poverty as they are; are this new age O_moms. Maybe they harbor a secret solace that their kid is in a better home. (just thinking aloud in tangents).

Which finally leads me to conclude that giving equal rights to women; how-so-ever revered for their motherhood (which by this post means zilch) is not only against nature's law of male-female equation but the root of all disaster in our modern society.

Thanks for wakening me up.
Yeah, i'm going to relish those 'yo-mom' jokes after all.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 08:12 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Fri 11/06/15 08:33 PM

Anything and everything that reduces risk should be weighed upon??
After all this one is in line with the gorilla and the dog (Russian) that went out in space before man..

Hmmm, You're serious eh?

Sending an animal into space as a test is much less complicated than sending an animal to another planet that is hostile to life as we know it.
Not only would there be little chance of the animal making the trip to Mars, even if it landed safely and had automated functional space suit and support systems one tear in the suit and bye-bye animal.

Animals can be trained to do many things but no animal can be trained not to do something unexpected. Except man.

Agreed, but as this is not a moon landing with a quick round trip; I'm sure NASA scientists are working out all possible scenarios: unknowns & unexpected risks and planning risk responses.

But working out the 'unknowns'; for durations like 30 day stay on Mars may not be possible from earth. So animals yes, they could be sacrificed; if they reduce these 'unknowns'.

There are challenges as MM pointed out: 'breathing'; but are they really 'impossible to learn' with suitable gear? or is it cause we are so completely disconnected from 'wild' life?

Experts who train police dogs for tracking, etc; or the Swiss with their Bernard can probably tell us whether dogs wearing some breathing implants; feeding systems; sun glasses; cameras, etc; would perform even for a few days. If these animals could live even a week; that would be a signature event bringing us closer to colonization.

Bears in substitution for dogs; appear to have more advantages: natural hibernation for one and of course their fur skin properties which have spiked up their study in some univs. recently.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:14 PM
Fantastic!!drinker

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:11 PM

On a similar note; may be NASA should consider landing polar bears somewhere near the Mars pole before any of their 'manned missions'? Assuming details like training, light gear and a supply of frozen fish (for 2 years). Add some friendly rovers to keep them company and observe their survival techniques.

is this practical?

Taken as trying to be cute. LOL

If you were serious? Hahahaha

Anything and everything that reduces risk should be weighed upon??
After all this one is in line with the gorilla and the dog (Russian) that went out in space before man..

Rural folks over here used to train bears to perform till the government banned it. Yes Sir, bears can be trained all right. May have to catch them young though.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:42 PM

I remember back in High School when my science teacher suggested that the rings of Saturn were made of water ice. I suggested that the solar wind probably blew the water from Mars out to the outer Solar system.
Back in that day & age kids were not supposed to think outside the textbook so I got reprimanded and told to study harder.

Then Voyagers found water ice moon, water ice rings around all the outer planets and I reasserted my idea that it was Mars water in an email to Carl Sagan. No reply.

Now, NASA comes to the conclusion that the Solar weather stripped Mars of its Water reserves and blew them off into space.

DUH!

Remarkable!!
On a similar note; may be NASA should consider landing polar bears somewhere near the Mars pole before any of their 'manned missions'? Assuming details like training, light gear and a supply of frozen fish (for 2 years). Add some friendly rovers to keep them company and observe their survival techniques.

is this practical?

where do you get your information?

Thinking aloud MM, thinking aloud.

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:36 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Fri 11/06/15 03:37 PM

I remember back in High School when my science teacher suggested that the rings of Saturn were made of water ice. I suggested that the solar wind probably blew the water from Mars out to the outer Solar system.
Back in that day & age kids were not supposed to think outside the textbook so I got reprimanded and told to study harder.

Then Voyagers found water ice moon, water ice rings around all the outer planets and I reasserted my idea that it was Mars water in an email to Carl Sagan. No reply.

Now, NASA comes to the conclusion that the Solar weather stripped Mars of its Water reserves and blew them off into space.

DUH!

Remarkable!!

is this practical?

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 11:43 AM

If only we had a Flux Capitor.

Furs and feathers could be an ideal 'skin' to wear if people are to live and move around on mars. see link.

http://www.osa.org/en-us/about_osa/newsroom/news_releases/2014/fur_and_feathers_keep_animals_warm_by_scattering_l/

In short:
It's not the 'trapping a layer of air' (alone) within the fur that keep animals warm. In other words it's not conduction/convection within the air layer that slows down the heat loss.

Individual hair mimic as radiation shields (heat).
(As)The reflectivity of the radiative shields increased, the rate of heat transfer between the hot and cold thermostat was dramatically reduced

So it's no coincidence that polar bears have white furs...or

JaiGi's photo
Fri 11/06/15 10:50 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Fri 11/06/15 10:51 AM

Come on moe. . You know that is impossible....... well okay maybe not for you you don't look like you have aged a day since you first came on here...lol..wink... how about to die happy ..!

Well .. .actually ... there apparently is no scientific proof or reason whatsoever to be found for us to age. At all.
So .. technically speaking ... we should be able to get much much much older. I'm not saying immortal, cos maybe some things will wear out anyways laugh

And once upon a time ... physical 'vessels' allegedly did indeed get a lot older. We hear these things of 400 - 500 yr old ppl in LOTR, but maybe, possibly, perhaps per chance, it's not fairy-tale stuff at all.

Maybe that's what Monsanto is trying to recreate with their GM BS laugh

But let's say you could get 500 yrs old ... think about what a drag that would be. For some that is.

- Whinging and whining about not getting laid for 5 centuries instead of 6 decades ...

- Being lonely for 5 centuries. Some people can barely make it through 5 years on their own...
..wow!!. Way to stay upbeat and positive..hmmm.. sounds like someone needs to get laid..lol

MM is absolutely right. Life expectancy over 80 is normal these days, even in India where with rising prices life is a continuous struggle; and with all this baggage it's bound to rise to 100 plus for kids born in this 2010-15 edition, right here in India.

The magic number could be '150'. The day people cross their 150th year; there's no medical reason for them to die. Aging which ceased to reach the 150th year can stay ceased for ever, why not?

Why would these elders need a sex life, anyway? Like ice-cream bells they might welcome it but as an occasional delight.

The real issue would be the enormous pressure on resources as the population builds up. Heck, not my problem.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 08:19 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Sun 11/01/15 08:26 PM

An article which could be indirectly related to 'hopping' over the belt.

'To Get to Mars, pit stop at the Moon' http://news.discovery.com/space/private-spaceflight/to-get-to-mars-pit-stop-at-the-moon-151022.htm

Space crafts should launch with just enough fuel to get to filling stations near the moon and these stations would then dispense propellant derived from lunar water-ice. Such a strategy would reduce the mass of a Mars mission by 68% at launch resulting in significant cost savings. (It currently costs thousands of dollars to put 1 lb., or 0.45 kilograms, of payload into Earth orbit.)

This is completely against the established approach: 'straight-shot-to-mars-carry-everything-with-you', says MIT Professor Oliver de-Weck and suggests examining the idea of "detour into the lunar system".

Permanently shadowed craters on the lunar surface are thought to harbor large quantities of water-ice. The ice could be processed to H & O molecules a chief components of rocket fuel. The research is being led by Takuto Ishimatsu in MIT who developed a mathematical model and found the best options relies on gas stations positioned at gravitation-ally stable places to the earth-moon system called Lagrange points.

On the same vein it appears that the shortest path for manned flights to Jupiter could involve a detour to Mars. Then use a bit of Mars gravity to 'hop' over the asteroid belt and then Jupiter's gravity to thrust beyond.

NASA is probably considering all such possibilities including a base station called 'Newton' (New Houston) on Mars.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 03:49 PM

Something completely different :)

The reflection appears to have more energy to it. Maybe this illusion could be expanded, magnified & the above ground grimy buildings further dimmed?

Notice plenty of minarets in this picture.

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 03:11 PM
Edited by JaiGi on Sun 11/01/15 03:30 PM
ok, i think i over did this a wee bit but could be this what's happening here: In a bus one has a view of the countryside but when you are in the driver's seat all one sees is the road & traffic.

if you tell us what specifically draws you to your present job maybe other teachers here could 'add value'? Specifics could begin with subjects, class; a bit about the community the kids come from and so on?

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 04:07 AM

Believe it or not .. There is already SPERM .. Society for the protection of equal rights for men :banana: :banana: :banana: .:-)

Which also brings to light the rights of surrogate mothers who hatch em?

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 03:44 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Sun 11/01/15 04:00 AM
Or show them Crystals Unicorn Horse and ask them what they think of the person who painted it.
rofl

Pegasus is quite dear. oops

we were having a family discussion on various religions one evening and my daughter, 6 or 7 then, asked: ok, so what is the religion of this cat?

JaiGi's photo
Sun 11/01/15 03:35 AM
Edited by JaiGi on Sun 11/01/15 03:39 AM
Hi Alicia,
i'm close to retirement years and taken some time out reflecting on life, etc., etc. & thanks to Mingle, re-adjusting my thoughts. So here's my take.

Lets say you are a farmer with a 2 acre patch. You grow tomatoes, you love tomatoes & the local ketchup factory also loves you; but they barely cover your costs.

Now you can grow potatoes & there's a chip factory willing to take in your potatoes at a higher price. The problem is potatoes suck out more from the land; so there's larger re-investments.

So as a small farmer you explore and find that green peas tendril can grow comfortably next to tomatoes plant. The tendril leaves don't compete for sunlight & so on.

What i mean is the grass may look greener on the other side; those high paying teaching jobs in cities carry lot more stress (i think).

So now the question is what sort of green peas. Tutorials, oh, no. The peas could be some of the best work submitted by your own students in the past.

Have you documented a drawing(?) taken a video of a recital(?) and so on; recycled it for next batch to come up with their own judgement? Asking a student for his opinion, thoughts as compared to demanding he get those exam Q's right? Taken pictures with a small group; (not those class photos where every kid looks like a big dot on a dash). At some point of time these things start coming together; maybe as a handbook; or something larger.

Just read about a Vietnamese teacher working in an Indian school here. She says she searches for jokes to share with the children at the end of a class; cause she believes laughter should be part of the journey of learning.

Oh yeah, you could always invite a person like me to hold a class. My method would be to ask your kids to help me out with a math problem; cause I'm dumber!! Bet you, they will.shades

Conclusion: May not be the solution you are looking for. If you are looking for a larger income; think about publishing some of the results from such experiments or working on this with your peers and being part of a larger school program.

We normally focus on why kids are doing badly in math or spelling. We don't explore why some of them are doing well. just thinking aloud.

i'm assuming that American school systems are similar to what we have in some of the elite schools here.

Let me know how right or wrong I am. happy
I like to learn things the hard way.