Community > Posts By > greeneyedlady42

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 07:27 PM
-It is so sad to hear your news...It is unimaginable the complexity of emotions that you must be feeling right now. God is good and His comfort will see you through when nothing else makes sence.

Please know your family and friends are in my prayers.
Rest in HIS loving arms and know HE is everything you need.

In His service,

GEL

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 07:18 PM
When I was married ( in the mid 80's) we were stationed in Bad Toelz Germany, at Flint Kaserne with 1st and 10th Communications. Everyday prompty at 5pm in the quad they would march out to the flag pole and take down the flag...Folding it meticulously with care. Most days I would take the kids out there and we would participate, standing at attention with our hands on our hearts and the trumpets would play - this huge pride would swell up inside and I would get this lump in my throat the size of a combat boot.
My grandfather was a Master Sgt and was buried with full honors.
I know the feelings you speak of. \Growing up in Ft Bragg/Pope AFB I was able to see the Paratroopers jump during training exercises and watch the hueys and chinooks fly over rumbling the earth.

Thank you for sharing that mig- I appreciate your input-Im glad you liked the poem.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 05:27 PM
people who go to church are no more perfect than anyone else. Everyone holds us to a higher standard and it seems harder to allow that we are human and make mistakes also- It never excuses the behavior, religious or not mind you,

If you peel off everyone of our coverings, our masks and our "religions, traditions or whatever you call them" we are all the same.
We hurt, we love, we have fears, as different as we are- we are all alike in many ways.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 05:11 PM
This poem was inspired by a customer of mine- who Had just flown in from the war after being released from the hospital- He had been shot in the chest once, gone back for another tour and then the jeep he was riding in was behind a jeep that was blown up and landed on top of his and he was injured yet again. He said He wanted to go back
and finish serving with his comrades but they wouldnt let him.
Just the intesity in his eyes and the depth of feeling I got from this young man in the few moments he was in my office really touched me. I am from a military family. My son current serves in the US AIR Force, and I consider myself deeply patriotic...
This poem was one of those that just oozed out...no rough draft
it just came- for me it is one of me best ones-

Thank you for your poisitve and encouraging remarks..

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 11:11 AM
Maybe you could post a picture that appears more "mature" -Just a personal opinion but when I saw you I thought you were much younger than you actually are. Not to hurt your feelings mind you, youth is a wonderful thing....really but you do look very(very) young.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Fri 10/09/09 05:53 AM
Lonelylova-

Its terrible that that happened. Sometimes in our effort to believe something we want to believe in we dont always see things until its too late. The old "hindsight is 20/20 thing"...
It angers me though because that makes it tough on the rest of us who are sincere...
Everyone is human and we all have our list of mistakes -things we would do differently if we could.

Im sorry you are hurt. Dont judge everyone by one persons cavalier attitude and disregard for others...

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:04 PM
Our a new President...

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:03 PM
Edited by greeneyedlady42 on Thu 10/08/09 09:04 PM
I hope they find water there- they can
stay there and use it to wash their filthy hands!!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 09:00 PM
A chat is a chat
send an email or two
That is just that
dont know me-dont know you

All their lives are
Is what is in font
Just another scar
Dont get what you want.

Statements misleading
Painting a scene
You're home reading
They'll never come clean

Just a dalliance
A few details left out
Thinking their brilliant
But Creating doubt

It doesnt matter
Ive seen my last try
Mad as a hatter
I hope I dont cry

Oh a new friendship
no I dont think
Dont take to liars
Dont care for the stink.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 08:24 PM
I hate it when that happens-

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 07:20 PM
Oh mine was definately the rumbling motorcycle out side of the Pic 'n Pay shoe store next to the A & P. It was a quarter..Even back then I wanted to be a biker chick!!

WooHoo!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 04:47 PM
Thats a real good start, Tank!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 04:46 PM
Hey Minglefriend-

How much time you got ??? LOL

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:11 AM
Thank you for sharing that --
Very heartfelt...Bravo!

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 06:02 AM
MEMORIES OF HOME

Home at last, safe and sound-
Months of trucks and tents
And sleeping on the ground.

Missiles’ firing overhead-
I came home injured,
Some came home dead.

For our country we sacrifice
Missing births of our children
and time with our wives...

Dust filled days seem like years-
While waiting families
Struggle with fear.

Memories of home to keep us alive,
We've been here too long,
Just trying to survive.

Ambushed convoys, buildings destroyed.
Injured are flown out-
With others are deployed...

1st Sergeants who back home
Coached little league-
Suck down bad coffee to fight the fatigue.

We do it all for the red, white and blue-
Fighting for family, For me and for you...

...And Memories of home.

Tressia
copyright 5/2/05

In honor of all our Armed Forces and their loved ones.

greeneyedlady42's photo
Thu 10/08/09 05:31 AM
Welcome !!! Its great to have you here...
You will have a blast- there are so many wonderful people here...

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 10/07/09 08:34 PM
Welcome Motoko-

Congrats on your 1st post WooHoo...You'll meet some awesome people here -Its good to have you..

GELwaving

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 10/07/09 08:32 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!

Having grown up in a military family ( and town) and having a son in the Air Force I know what dedication and sacrifice it takes...
It does not go unappreciated...

Be happy, be safe and be blessed!

flowerforyou GEL

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 10/07/09 07:58 PM
Healing prayers for your mom and prayers for peace for the family to know she is in good hands...

GEL

greeneyedlady42's photo
Wed 10/07/09 04:23 AM
For me dating dating a singe parent hasnt been the issue, there are certain aspects of a "blended family" that are difficult. Raising children alone is not easy I dont care who you are. My conflict was when to introduce that special someone into your kids life.
It is my opinion that mmy kids didnt need to meet or be around everyone I dated righ toff the bat. And thank God for that rule of wisdom because some did turn out so well.
For me a father who has taken on the single paretn role shows dedication and selfless love. It would be a gold star for me.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25