Mon 11/16/15 01:05 PM
Only Jah know :-)

BrownTeaz's photo
Sun 11/15/15 03:01 PM
rofl

BrownTeaz's photo
Sun 11/15/15 02:26 PM
KingDeen,

Reading your poems inspires me to pick up my guitar and strum a few chords to add melody to your amazing words. Powerful!

BrownTeaz's photo
Sun 03/29/15 12:34 PM
Tonight my driver decided that we shall listen to the Backstreet Boys cd. When he came to pick me up from work, I found myself being transported back in time. When boy-bands were the flavour of ... what seemed liked ... the decade.

I remember growing up to the soul sounds of Boyz-to-Men, then the teen years were later filled with the buzz of Westlife & Backstreet Boys. What ever happened to ... who were they again? ... they made the popular hit " I swear, by the moon and stars in the sky, I'll be there...." and that other group who released "The thong song"...???

Anywayz, for a brief moment in the car tonight, I was back in the 90s...writing lyrics, tape recording songs, singing...oh my! What sweet memories!!!

Just out of curiosity (and interest) do any of you have songs or bands that when you hear take you back in time and make you re-live those good old days?

And do you ever wonder what happened to those great and wonderful artists?

BrownTeaz's photo
Thu 03/26/15 03:30 PM
Edited by BrownTeaz on Thu 03/26/15 03:36 PM
I rise, I ask "why"?
I breathe, a sigh, I ask "how"?

I feel, I ask "what"?
I'd kill, I ask "should I"?
I'll keep, I ask "will I"?

I look, I watch, I ask "where"?
I wait, tick tock, I ask "how long"?

I hesitate, I meditate, I concentrate,
I pray, I ask "when"?

And yet I'm unanswered!

BrownTeaz's photo
Thu 03/26/15 07:15 AM

Do you celebrate Easter or is it just another day?

When was the last time you went on an Easter Egg hunt? How do you feel about Cadbury changing the formula of their chocolate eggs? How do you feel about bunnies? Do you think they're cute or ugly?

How about baby chicks? Ugly, right?

Every Easter, my sister calls me and I answer the phone with, "Happy Easter, Seester!".....bigsmile

Why not? Nothing like a good old pagan holiday celebrating the Goddess of Fertility, to start the spring!

Interesting choice of words Cheechako! Its true hey, that's what it has boiled down to (no pun intended). Pagan holiday; that's what most of these supposed-to-be-religious holidays have turned to...or maybe what they've always been?!

mmmh scared

BrownTeaz's photo
Wed 03/25/15 01:56 PM

with an identical version of yourself in your EXACT same CIRCUMSTANCES, assume everything else is equal, honest, loving, etc...i understand that everyone will have a tendency to say 'yes' because i'm the 'most honest' or 'most giving' etc...i've ever met...let's take that out of the equation and focus on CIRCUMSTANCES or PHYSICALITY alone.

For example, if you are a single mom living at home with your parents, would you even consider a single dad living at home with his parents? Same reasons on both sides.

Or say for example, if you are over-weight yourself, do you even consider a person who is approximately the same as yourself?

Just an interesting exercise i think...step back and ask yourself "would i date me?"

Interesting question in my mind.

Good question Isaac, got me thinking there. Would I date me? Probably not. I can be a handful at times, I don't know if I could be able to handle 'me'.

I still wonder sometimes how my long term past boyfriend's coped with me he he he

...but maybe I'm not so bad...

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 04:44 PM

Article posted on my FB. A bit of a long read but I was curious as to people's thoughts and opinions...

A woman isn't mentally or emotionally designed to have multiple sexual partners.
When a woman has sex with a guy, the act of him entering her allows his life force and energy to enter her as well. That man's life force and energy then becomes a part of that woman's emotional and mental character.
The more of a man's life force she takes inside of her, the more like that man she becomes. She starts to take on his ideological outlook on life, and begins to reflect the essence of who that man is. This in part is what the bible means by two becoming one flesh.
That's why you can always tell when a woman has been with low caliber men. She'll take on the persona and low level of energy of those men she's been with.
A woman by divine design becomes a reflection of her man. *Genesis 3:16* Whoever is sexing her on the regular, that's the person's mindset and ideology she'll eventually become most aligned with.
And when she has multiple sex partners, she has multiple competing spiritual forces fighting inside her soul for the dominant position within her life.
This duality within her ultimately leads to confusion. I know some of you ladies think you can do what men do, but you have to put on your grown woman pants and think like an adult. It's time out for thinking and acting like irresponsible teenagers.
You can't do what we do. And we can’t do what you all do. Our bodies and minds were designed differently to fulfill God’s greater purpose.
This doesn't excuse men either for having loose sexual behavior. The bible makes it clear (and science corroborates) that when a man and woman join together as one: they become ONE flesh. *Mark 10:8* Think about that fellas: how many women have you become one with in your lifetime?
It's a scary thought, especially when you consider all the spiritual fall-out that can happen from allowing the energy of different women to join up with yours.
Some of you right now can't seem to get your life on track, and you can't figure out why. You have strange pains in your body, or trouble holding down a job.
You no longer sleep well at night. Your business has suddenly stagnated. Or maybe your finances never come together the way you need them to.
It's because of those unbroken ties with females from your past. Some of those women you had the pleasure of banging were filled with demons: and because of that sexual act now those demons have permission to torment your life too.
Sex is a very real, very serious act of sharing power. And we shouldn't treat it like kids playing with matches and gasoline.
So ladies, it’s time to stop lying to yourself about women being 'playas' like men. The only one who ends up being played in the end is YOU. And fellas: it's time to treat sex like it's more serious and precious than life or death itself. Because for many of you: it really is.
Many a man is suffering the torments of hell this very moment, all because he refused to gain control over his penis when he had the chance to. Now his lust has become his eternal torment.
If you don't control your penis, some woman (and the demons working through her) will destroy you THROUGH your penis. The same goes for you too ladies. Do not allow your legs to be the open portal that allows demons into your sacred space.
I advocate a strong healthy regimen of disciplining one's life by the teachings of Jesus Christ found in holy scripture. Not to be religious: but because IT WORKS!
The very thing many of you are running from or avoiding entirely is the very thing you need most to get your life on the right track.
Stop running and give God a chance. And watch your life transform in ways you never thought possible.

Thought provoking whoa

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 01:37 PM
Just my personal experience. I'll leave it at that!

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 01:18 PM

Every society has their own special way of being sexist. It is obvious the westerners here ignore their own brand of sexism when they make fun and question another society's brand of it. Why can't you all see that it's always wrong to treat women wrong no matter where or how or why? I talk about it all the time, still no one agrees here, but are ready to diss other cultures for the way they mistreat women when it is obvious none of you actually cares about how women are treated badly anyway. In some ways Muslims have more respect for women in some ways less, which is why it is intriguing for western women to want to learn more. For example Muslims revere women as mothers, in the west women are revered for their ability to remain sexy while being able to hang with the guys.

Stoned to death takes some doing though right.
Being found guilty of adultery even though the woman was raped.
Like chalk and cheese.

So are you saying some Muslim men are like this??

I want to know more about their lifestyle and how they treat their wife and children??

Debbie, I would recommend that you read " Girls of Riyadh" by Rajaa Alsanea. It was originally released in Arabic (and banned in Saudi Arabia) but now is available in English. Its based on true life stories of 4 young women who experienced 'love' and relationships differently from each other. You will see that there is really no one answer to your question "how they treat their wives and children".

You'll be surprised to find that these true stories are no different to what you see around you (regarding cultures or even religions).

Plus I work in Riyadh, women here are no different to other women elsewhere in the world. Their day to day family life may be a little bit more restricted (especially when it comes to dating) but everything else (including marriage) is the same as anywhere else.
Why don't you tell the truth, that you treat women with contempt in Islam, cos you class them as 2nd class citizens? ,Out of sight and out of mind, as everything is geared up for the males, to enjoy, not the babymaking machine who is stuck at home all the time, isn,'t it?

Messi, I don't treat women here any different to any other woman in any part of the world ... Why? Because I AM a woman myself. Plus I'm not married. And that's my truth. I don't know what truth you are referring to.

Debbie; you were looking for answers, I was merely making a suggestion. Read the book, don't read it, it doesn't bother me one bit.

...And like I said, based on my personal experience with the women I work with here in Riyadh, relationships are not all bad (this is based on the info they share with me about their personal lives). Like anywhere else in the world, there are happy marriages and unhappy ones. Every woman has a different story to tell.

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 12:27 PM

Every society has their own special way of being sexist. It is obvious the westerners here ignore their own brand of sexism when they make fun and question another society's brand of it. Why can't you all see that it's always wrong to treat women wrong no matter where or how or why? I talk about it all the time, still no one agrees here, but are ready to diss other cultures for the way they mistreat women when it is obvious none of you actually cares about how women are treated badly anyway. In some ways Muslims have more respect for women in some ways less, which is why it is intriguing for western women to want to learn more. For example Muslims revere women as mothers, in the west women are revered for their ability to remain sexy while being able to hang with the guys.

Stoned to death takes some doing though right.
Being found guilty of adultery even though the woman was raped.
Like chalk and cheese.

So are you saying some Muslim men are like this??

I want to know more about their lifestyle and how they treat their wife and children??

Debbie, I would recommend that you read " Girls of Riyadh" by Rajaa Alsanea. It was originally released in Arabic (and banned in Saudi Arabia) but now is available in English. Its based on true life stories of 4 young women who experienced 'love' and relationships differently from each other. You will see that there is really no one answer to your question "how they treat their wives and children".

You'll be surprised to find that these true stories are no different to what you see around you (regarding cultures or even religions).

Plus I work in Riyadh, women here are no different to other women elsewhere in the world. Their day to day family life may be a little bit more restricted (especially when it comes to dating) but everything else (including marriage) is the same as anywhere else.

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 10:00 AM

It just doesn't feel the same when a short man holds you in his arms. When a taller man holds you, paradise!
A shorter man cannot put his arm around your shoulders, you end up having to put your arm around his shoulders.

Sexually certain things are difficult when a man is shorter.
It doesn't make me feel sexy and feminine when I have to wrench my body in difficult / painful positions because otherwise he cannot take me. And if I don't wrench my body, it's even more awkward, I mean, both being ready and in need, and then he can't get to it...
With a taller man, I don't have to strain my body, I can simply enjoy!

Kissing a shorter man... having to look down on him...

All in all a shorter man doesn't make a woman feel feminine...

That's funny rofl

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/24/15 06:02 AM

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!

That knight in shining armor riding in on a white horse has never been tested in battle. Don't be afraid of that seasoned veteran knight riding a dirty, gray horse and is wearing tarnished and chinked armor. He knows how to fight for you.

I like!
That should be moved to creative writing section flowers
Very well put!

BrownTeaz's photo
Mon 03/23/15 01:55 PM
Here in Saudi we (women ofcourse) give 3 kisses on the cheek as a hello or/& goodbye everytime we see each other.

I attended a wedding once (here in Riyadh) and the family of the bride gave each walking -in guest 7 kisses on the cheek as a greeting.

Its just part of their 'culture' (lack of a better word).

Back home in S. Africa however, I've always reserved my kisses for family and really close friends.

BrownTeaz's photo
Wed 03/04/15 12:32 PM

A strange question. It's like going to a vegan chat room and asking if they prefer chicken or beef laugh

He he he rofl :laughing: that's funny

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/03/15 02:49 PM
You're as young as the person you're with winking

BrownTeaz's photo
Tue 03/03/15 12:34 AM
Resorts are an excellent option (next to cruises). They usually have the 'Entertainment Crew' who organize fun activities usually to cater for different age groups at different times of the day. You then pic and choose what you're interested in and you get an opportunity to meet other singles/guests.

I (used) to travel solo all the time and I've never felt lonely or crowded by people I did not wish to associate with.

I would recommend Hilton Resorts; I've never been disappointed by them in any part of the world where I've visited and booked with them.

BrownTeaz's photo
Sat 02/21/15 12:51 PM
Bokwa, Vinyasa Yoga & Mat Pilates

BrownTeaz's photo
Sat 02/21/15 12:21 PM
Originally from South Africa, currently living in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh:smile:

Previous 1 3