Community > Posts By > SacramentAl

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/10/09 03:25 PM
Idiocracy. Gotta love Mike Judge in spite of King of the Hill.

And Stephen Chow's (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle) earlier films, the Royal Tramp collection. Hysterical.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/10/09 03:23 PM
For those of you who've actually hooked up with others via Mingle2, I'm just curious how these first meetings/first dates usually go.

My experience, yesterday, was mind-blowing. We'd talked for about a week before actually meeting and before I knew it we were cuddling and kissing and that's way more than I would have expected. Is that just a rare occurrence or is that kind of the general expectation? Because I'm wanting to think that's a good sign that she and I felt that comfortable in our first face-to-face meeting.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/10/09 03:17 PM
I was always held to impossibly high standards growing up and was blamed for everything even when I had nothing to do with it, so I learned to be very strict with myself and I have a difficult time feeling successful at anything. So yeah, it's a lot harder to forgive myself than others because I can't change others, only myself and I can't figure out how to stop beating myself up.

SacramentAl's photo
Mon 03/09/09 02:24 PM
I know people are so infernally obsessed with looks that they'll get into abusive or unhealthy relationships they started because they were only physically attracted to their partners, that it's becoming epidemic. I want to believe my appearance is what's holding me back but I wonder if it's something else. Anyone want to tell me what else I'm doing wrong?

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:46 AM
Me personally, I was raised by a single mom who did a horrible job as a parent. No stepdads or any father figures were ever there for me so I just don't have it within my heart to be able to raise someone else's kid when no one was willing to do that for me.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:29 AM
Edited by SacramentAl on Tue 03/03/09 09:35 AM
Nevermind, found one.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:27 AM
What proportions are we talking about? Like, how much chicken are we using in this recipe compared to how much potato and onion? This sounds good and I want to try it but all I have is this really huge glass cooking dish so I don't know how well it would turn out unless it was mostly filled up.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:25 AM
Well getting enough essential vitamins and minerals is as simple as taking a vitamin/mineral supplement in the morning, which I recommend for everyone. Unless you're rich you're not likely to be getting the daily recommendations for all of those nutrients in what you eat. You can still eat crap occasionally as long as you limit what it is. But be particularly careful about fats because fats have more than double the amount of calories per gram than proteins and carbohydrates.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:15 AM
Counselor: Eric, did you or did you not give Kyle AIDS?
Cartman:...Kinda.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:09 AM
Okay, so I have this assignment coming up in my Speech class. I have to find a 'tasteful' joke to recite to the rest of the class and it has to last at least 30-45 seconds. So, is there anyone who knows of such a joke? I'll take any and all you've got into consideration provided that they're tasteful. Please help!

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:07 AM
Never had any problems with XP and my friend is a computer whiz, who strongly advises against Vista. Besides, I was able to get a cheaper more efficient machine because it had XP on it, instead of Vista thanks to his advice. Go with what you're used to, I always say. I wouldn't want to go with Vista and then regret it later, it'd be a pain to have to switch back.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 09:05 AM
Actually my friend found out what the problem was when he stopped by over the weekend. Apparently only the 2GB R4 chip works in the configuration I've got, not the 4GB chip. I guess I wasted 15 bucks at Fry's buying that one.

SacramentAl's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:54 AM
As someone who's going into the field of nursing, it would so not be worth it to lose one's job over a speeding ticket.

SacramentAl's photo
Mon 03/02/09 03:18 PM
Amelie was SO bizarre, I didn't even understand it was a romance flick until the very end. Yet another one I had to watch for Film class, but I didn't care much for it...I don't think a lot of other guys would either. But foreign films are a good place to search for that kind of thing, I wonder if we have anyone from other countries on here who knows of any good ones?

SacramentAl's photo
Mon 03/02/09 03:13 PM
There are so many thousands of those books you can't really say they ALL don't work. Besides, it's what you make of them. I'm sensing a big lack of patience and respect so I'm guessing that might be why those books didn't work for some people. But I'm no expert so that opinion shouldn't count for much.

SacramentAl's photo
Mon 03/02/09 01:41 PM
Well that's not really the trend with these types of movies because they're not aimed at us. So we're trying to dig up ones that both sexes can enjoy.

I just thought of a good one:

The Cooler (William H. Macy, Alec Baldwin, Maria Bello)
Good movie, very top-notch acting, solid script, woven around romance. Even guys'll enjoy this.

SacramentAl's photo
Mon 03/02/09 01:38 PM
I think it's very sad that hardly anyone on here is willing to try to help themselves and their future relationships by reading books on the subject; even if it doesn't work, at least then you'll know. How many people didn't end up with the person they really wanted to, if only because they didn't have the right insight that a book could have provided? You have to admit it's at least worth a try, right?

SacramentAl's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:31 PM
I'm just curious if anyone here has (or how many of you have) actually taken that extra step for your own sakes and the sakes of your partners and tried to learn some experts' advice on conflict resolution and communication and whatnot. They're actually really interesting if you haven't, I recommend trying a few if you have the time.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:46 PM
This should be in the jokes and comedy section in the Funny Pictures thread.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:45 PM
Now I'm wondering where YOU got your research. There's a finite amount of fossil fuels, coal and natural gas, and silicon and clean water. How can you say that resources aren't dwindling? We already hit our peak and now we're tumbling downhill. This kind of lifestyle isn't going to last forever and we're already seeing the end of it coming. About all we'll be able to rely on is our military to get what we want from the few others who aren't armed the way we are.