Community > Posts By > SacramentAl

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:41 PM
We're already able to pick and choose all these genetic traits of unborn children, it's not like we aren't already playing around with this impossibly advanced stuff. I think it's pretty cool-we redheads are supposedly going to be extinct in 100 years so if other people can make their kids redheads then that's awesome. I say let 'em do whatever they want, it's not like there's any stopping it anyway.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:39 PM

The Bovis scale, allegedly named after a French radiesthesist called either Antoine or Alfred Bovis (1871-1947), is a concept used by dowsers and adherents of geomancy to quantify the strength of a postulated "cosmo-telluric energy" inherent in a location. The unit of the Bovis scale has no known definition and isn't in any way based on physics. The "measurement" consists of the dowser walking around the place with an object (like a pendulum, dubbed "biometer") and declaring the Bovis number. A number of 6,500 is considered "neutral", lower figures affect human "energies" negatively, higher numbers positively. Numbers above 10,000 are in the "ethereal range", considered Places of power.

Dowsing . . . yea like that has not been debunked a million times.

I posted this because I wanted to know who Antoinne Bovis is after reading that Goji berries can prolong life. laugh

supposingly a Li Qing Yuen lived 252 years eating Goji soup, steamed vegetables, herbs and no meat etc. etc.

then the front cover says to buy this Goji Berry juice and drink it regularly and you will prolong your life to guarantee that you will live at least a 100 years old.

Maybe I should just look for the fountain of youth insteadlaugh

They can't legally guarantee that kind of thing. That's a load of crap.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:36 PM
Edited by SacramentAl on Sat 02/28/09 04:36 PM
Cheating, stealing from me. I think that's about it. I'm willing to put up with a lot. But they'll have to do the same with me if they expect that.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:34 PM
Why? Am I expected to wonder how someone else feels when I view their profile and don't say anything? I mean, everyone's entitle to their opinion and what they want so if the person whose profile they're viewing doesn't match up to what they want why should they have to say anything? There's no such thing as an obligation around here and that's how it should be.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:33 PM
I thought it was awful. Not because of the acting, just a pitiful script.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:29 PM
That's not what I'd heard. China is moving in on us big time. Besides, resources are starting to dwindle and we've got way too many people to sustain. The debt's just the beginning, but it's not putting us in a favorable position for when the sun starts to set.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:28 PM
If they are real they'll probably either leave us be (the smart thing) or they'll just destroy us. I wouldn't blame them either, for doing either thing. I love how they stated it in Futurama:

"If you come in peace, we demand you surrender. If you're here for war, then we surrender."

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:26 PM
I find it odd that people aren't panicked by this, and not preparing some sort of contingency plan for when the crap really hits the fan.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:23 PM
I second that about Forrest Gump. Why is it that it happens like that so often? A girl has to make dozens of obvious mistakes before she realizes that just because a guy has one thing wrong with him, it doesn't mean he's the wrong person for her. I hope the day comes when a girl has that realization about me.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:22 PM
I don't like to support the idea that something determines that someone will have a better life than someone else. That's the whole reason I'm an atheist.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:21 PM
If there are aliens (and hey, I'm open to the idea) if they're smart they'll stay the hell away from our crazy asses.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:19 PM
Sorry if this was already posted, I haven't seen it yet but a lot of pictures were showing up blank.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:15 PM
Glacier

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:14 PM
I wouldn't call O Brother Where Art Thou a romantic movie, and I couldn't stay awake through Titanic, and not just because of its length.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:07 PM
I didn't LOVE it, I just thought it was decent enough not to start snoozing through. Maybe I should change my first post and start making a list of all the ones suggested...

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:05 PM
I'm STILL the only guy who's seen it. I'm feeling vulnerable.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:03 PM
Then I guess I'm the only GUY who has seen it, LOL.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 04:01 PM
Yeah. I thought it was just a comedy when I rented it, I didn't expect it to turn into a romantic comedy. But it wasn't ruined by that. Figured I was the only one who'd ever seen it.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:57 PM
I know people are probably wondering what kinds of movies a guy can take a girl to or watch with and not fall asleep. Well share 'em if you got 'em.

Strictly Ballroom...this one, I had to watch in film class years ago and it actually wasn't that bad. I never would have rented it myself but I was surprised.

Danny Deckchair...Australian film, very humorous and not sappy but still with a decent amount of stuff the girls'll like. Try it out.

What else we got? Girls, feel free to tell us about something your dates haven't started snoring through.

SacramentAl's photo
Sat 02/28/09 03:45 PM
If we weren't real I don't think we'd be limited to a physical, mortal form and I don't think we'd have untapped potential like we do, using only 10% of our brains.

Even our insane world would get boring after a while to whoever was watching us or dreaming us. This is reality whether we like it or accept it or not. I think less outlandish ideas make more sense, like this is just one piece of a multiverse or something.