Community > Posts By > Scarecrow060972

Scarecrow060972's photo
Tue 05/09/17 05:21 PM
I'm thinking...you need to catch up, I'm on my second pot. Also: thinking it needs to quit raining in IN

Scarecrow060972's photo
Fri 09/30/16 08:16 AM
Bullet in my Hand, by the Redlight Kings. Kinda sums up the last 3 years for me...

Scarecrow060972's photo
Fri 09/30/16 08:06 AM
Edited by Scarecrow060972 on Fri 09/30/16 08:08 AM
uhm...less than intelligent.
Flu shot yesterday + late night motorcycle ride + falling temperatures = headache, fever, feels like I've been shaken in a bag of hammers this morning.

edited...head hurts too bad to even put on my glasses to check spelling, my apologies

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/29/16 08:44 AM
My Grandfather was 62 when he married a 25 year old while living in the Philippines, and lived a rich, full family life with her and his new offspring until his passing last year. It is my opinion that in some cases, age isn't really what's important but compatibility is.
I tend to date younger not for social status or having a "trophy" girlfriend, but I look, feel and act younger than I am, and I find more compatibility with a younger lady within what I feel is a reasonable age difference. Too much younger, though, and I almost feel as if I'm raising another child...I guess it's the "Dad" side of me coming to the fore. I briefly dated a 26 year old, and while it was fun and we meshed very well, I quickly realized that while she felt she did love me, she was also looking for a surrogate Father and it probably IMO wouldn't have ended well. I've since put myself on a "within 10" restriction and it seems to serve me better.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Wed 09/28/16 11:36 PM

Feeling overwhelmed with my huge 'to do' list

Feeling mutual. I had so many things I wanted to accomplish around the house before Winter while on my "vacation", only to be set back 2 days rewiring half the house...

But I have coffee, so it's all good :P

Scarecrow060972's photo
Tue 09/27/16 06:20 PM
I was n a blind date and we were driving through the countryside to chat and get to know each other before the dinner reservations' time, and we were getting along great when we crested a hill and saw 7 puppies playing by the road. I slowed, and they moved away, but as I picked some speed back up they ALL ran back into the road, and I could not stop. I've never felt so bad as when I had to knock on the farmhouse door and inform the lady I had hit her dogs...to which she asks which one?...and I had to say ALL of them.

Never got a second date with that one.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Tue 09/27/16 06:11 PM
Exhausted but thrilled.
A day and a half of no power and one new breaker box and wiring later, my computer works again!
Oh, and I have lights and stuff, too, and a coffee pot that works again...priorities, LOL

Scarecrow060972's photo
Tue 09/27/16 06:07 PM
I've seen Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I'd be very afraid, LOL

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 04:55 PM

Topic: Where to go in November?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought that an other U.S. citizen wanted to stay away from the USA for the next 4 years.

I LOL'ed. I actually have a sign in my yard encouraging people to vote for Emperor Palpatine, as I can't endorse either candidate...could be a VERY interesting 4 years!

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:50 AM
To the @$$hole who got into my car in the bar parking lot while I was DJing last night:

I hope the 3 or 4$ in change you collected served you well, and that you enjoyed my spare pack of cigarettes. Those, I hope they catalyze any cancer cells in your lungs.

Cannot STAND a thief. If you'd asked, I'd have spared you a few dollars, bought you a drink or even given you the smokes...instead, you felt you had to take them. I know who you are, and I'm not going to say anything to you, but I will shun you like the Amish, and let you live with the shame, which you probably don't even feel anyway.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:46 AM
I do it all the time. If I believe it, I can achieve it, so no matter what's going on behind the scenes, I usually appear to be in a pretty good mood. My hateful cat, though, he gets to hear it ALL, LOL

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:42 AM
I own a bike, but don't go quite that far, LOL

Here in Indiana, I usually take a day to go ride down through Brown County and enjoy the Fall trees...they're beautiful and so peaceful in their Fall colors

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:34 AM

Emotional.

Certain guys can sniff out vulnerability a mile off and pick at it like a scab.

Sorry to hear that, hugs and band-aids to you :)

Feeling beat. DJ Friday, and a frantic phone call for a last hour replacement DJ at a wedding reception from a high-school friend on Saturday morning...so I DJ'ed his reception last evening, then packed up and ran straight to my regular DJ duty with no sleep. But worth it...the happy couple were grateful for the last minute save and since they had no money extra to pay a DJ I gifted them my time ( don't look at me like that! I ate very well and my system has been paid for for years...anything I make off of it is pure profit anyway ).

So...feeling lazy today. Now that I've gotten sidetracked and lured back to M2 by a message, I've blown off dishes and laundry and decided to just meander around the house until time to go blow off steam at Chuck E Cheese with my kids.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:22 AM

I come from the old school where the male supports his girl and pay's for dinner and a movie. How is that "sponging"?:

Sorry to edit your statement, but there's only part of it I want to comment on.

I was raised the same way, if you ask a lady out, you're expected to open doors, pull out seats and pay for it at the end of the evening. It's manners, pure and simple.

As for dating younger, I'm open to it as well, but not too much younger. When I'm not adulting hard, I'm a big kid, and having someone who can enjoy it with me is an awesome thing.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:17 AM
I actually experienced this first hand, but I wasn't aware of it initially. Where I live, I'm a rare thing...I own my home, I have a car, a motorcycle and a job. "Users" have led me off the straight and narrow twice, but I'm getting better now at sorting them out.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:07 AM

reading. Almost 200 books per year.

And this :P I read two at a time, and can finish a good one in less that 8 hours. They stimulate me intellectually and further my education on all manner of things.

And occasionally video games, it goes in spurts...sometime you just gotta reach out across the interwebs and blow someone up :)

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 09/25/16 11:03 AM
My son, because he has the same devious intelligence I do, and I encourage it...

My mother's pineapple upside down cake. When I know she's coming down to visit and bringing a cake I get to acting like Pavlov's dog a few days ahead of time.

Coffee, because, well...coffee.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Fri 09/23/16 12:20 PM

Personality is a lie. Women only want good looking tall cavemen with money. Modern females are glued to their stupid phones all day. They don't even know what they want in relationships.

Not true but...............

I had a short good looking friend(guy) who was very funny. He avoided telling women online how tall he was. He took a picture inside his house while standing on a box so it appeared he was average height. He had several women interested in him until he met them and they saw that he was only 5'4". Women around him never accepted his height.

I'm 5'10", which is average height. I wanted to see if women were more attractive to tall guys. So, I bought elevator shows that put me in at almost 6'2". They were expensive and unnoticeable when wearing long pants. I noticed an immediate huge improvement with the ladies. Women started approaching me and asking me out. Nearly every women I asked out agreed. I never had that kind of success. I hated wearing the shoes though and ended up tossing them into the garbage because they were VERY uncomfortable. Ladies I don't know how you deal with the high heals. :wink: Props to you all.

So, height is VERY IMPORTANT to most women! It isn't everything but it is VERY DIFFICULT to overcome being short. Tall guys have it made. Basically the closer a guy is to tall, dark, and handsome the better odds he will have with the ladies.

A tall guy can be broke and ugly.
A really good looking guy can be light complected and a little short.
A dark complected guy can be un-attractive

But....

A short ugly or short light complected guy is really screwed.

However.....

A wealthy and/or famous guy of any appearance or height can overcome all.

Yup, look at Peter Dinklage...

Scarecrow060972's photo
Fri 09/23/16 12:18 PM
I feel better today, riding has a way of clearing out the cobwebs. I'm actually looking forward to DJ duties tonight and having some fun. Got my tools out this morning, took one look at how much has to come off to replace the a/c, and called the shop. I crossed some other stuff off my list, so I also feel like I accomplished something today...
Thanks for the hugs, they are much appreciated :)

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 06:40 PM

During the early 80's our neighborhood had a series of robberies. Once was while the people were home. The next Saturday morning I was out in the front yard and saw a car (not seen in our area before) driving slowly around our (rural) neighborhood. It drove up and down at least three or more times. I proceeded to set up a table, chair, my hunting rifle (35 caliber), cleaning kit and proceeded in cleaning my rifle.

This vehicle drove by once more. Stopped about three houses up from my house for about ten seconds and drove away. Never saw the car again and, oddly, the break-in's ceased. Now I'm not "claiming" it was my action that discouraged the criminals but it's odd that the crime spree stopped immediately.

I am tired of odd balls and crazies being able to purchase fire arms without a back ground check. This puts a bad light on the law abiding citizens of this country. All of my fire arms were purchased legally from licensed fire arm dealerships, I have a carry permit registered with the state of Indiana and they are locked up. I possess the only key. They're never used by anyone else unless I am present with them at a range. Always under my control.

Must be a Hoosier thing, LOL While my daughter was living with me and attracting more than her share of scumbags ( heroin has become a problem even in small-town, USA ), I made it a point to patrol my yard at all hours of the day and night on an irregular schedule with my legally-owned semi-automatic AK-47 and a flashlight. Thus establishing to my entire neighborhood that A- I own firearms and know how to use them, and B-breaking into my house would not be a good idea. Several of my neighbors have been looted in the past, that also stopped.
As above, I take my responsibility seriously, all my firearms are kept under lock and key when not in use, and I also have my carry permit and carry openly when I do.

Previous 1 3