Community > Posts By > Scarecrow060972

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 06:22 PM

Betelgeuse

Say it three times and Michael Keaton shows up in your house, LOL

Eastern Indiana, nothing here but corn and cows.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 06:18 PM
My 12 year old son, who hid a whoopie cushion he got from the local fair under my pillow. I'm so glad my offspring share my devious side sometimes...LOL

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 06:11 PM
I was recently on the receiving end of one of those kind of conversations on a second date. Needless to say, knowing graphically where her mouth had been, how ofetn, and in what situations, I did NOT kiss her goodnight afterwards...

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 06:02 PM

The secret to understanding women is to get them to speak slowly. LOL.

It's actually to listen and ask appropriate questions, and remember it's not all about you.

Being tall isn't any more fun than being shorter, my knees and shins take a LOT of abuse. Attitude is everything though.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 05:54 PM
Dear Life:
I'm over this phase of letting things happen to me and dealing with them as they come. Time to do some happening myself. Suck it.
-Me

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 09/22/16 05:45 PM

I feel irritated

Men are a complete mystery to merant

I assure you, it works both ways. Just saying.

I feel...I'm not sure. After a few months of dating, I'm back at the starting line, albeit with a couple of new friends. With everything else I have going on, I suppose I'm due some self-reflection, so I'm going to drink a sugar-free energy drink and see how many miles I can put between me and my home on the bike chasing the moon. I do some of my best thinking at 55 mph with the wind in my ears.

I feel stressed out but satisfied, I stood up for a co-worker and although the Supervisor who has committed so many hateful and inappropriate acts was finally fired, I also earned a week suspension for "inappropriate posting to social media " ( yeah, apparently that's a thing nowadays ). As a single Dad who is like so many and paycheck to paycheck, it hurts the wallet, and I don't think it helped any when I signed the paperwork smiling and commented on how awesome it is to finally have time to get some things done around the house...

I feel irritated and used, having spent an entire day with a lady I had dated for about a month on the bike on a winery tour, only to have her leave me standing alone in a bar where I know no-one while she ignored me around her friends. I don't do disprespect, so I left her there after asking to be sure she could find her own way home and telling her not to call me again. And now, a month later after blocking her number and on FB, she's blowing up my phone from a new number begging forgiveness and wanting to reconnect. I do not reply, and don't plan to, but being alone sucks...and acts like this just make me want to not share my life with anyone ever again.

I feel sad and angry that my son is exposed to my exes' bar trash boyfriend, who was arrested again last week for falling down drunk in a local store and pulling a display down in the process ( public intoxication ), and DUI when he attempted to leave. These are not the morals I want my son to have, and although we really cannot shield our children from things we have no control over, I just as soon he not have to see this kind of behavior...

I feel exasperated knowing tomorrow I'm probably going to have to disassemble half the engine to replace the air conditioning compressor in my car...I hate working on newer vehicles with everything crammed in so close together. I'm of a mind to buy a 1970-something POS just to be able to work on it easier...

So, yeah, lot's going on in my brain. Time to step back and enjoy a ride through the countryside and put things back in perspective.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 06/12/16 08:08 PM
I feel...I feel like chasing the moon on the motorcycle. I feel like I hate, and for me, that's the cure.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Tue 06/07/16 08:52 PM

omg so many dirty old men starting threads scared
..who you calling old...lol

I see no denial of dirty...I certainly don't :P

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sat 05/07/16 06:34 PM
Bike is fixed, time for a night ride. Always fun to chase the moon, even if it's not visible :)

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 05/05/16 04:12 AM
Edited by Scarecrow060972 on Thu 05/05/16 04:16 AM

Grease :)
Summer lovin, Go grease lightning:)
Luv the soundtrack too :))

LOL, thank you, now "Reproduction" from Grease 2 is stuck in my head. In fact, I sang Summer Lovin' with a lady at karaoke 2 weeks ago. Always a classic.

Any Clint Eastwood movie is a win, from the old spaghetti westerns right up to Gran Torino ( even Space Cowboys was "okay" ). adivorcedone, look up the Japanese remake of Unforgiven sometime to see what it would be like with Samurai...worth a look, IMO

The Marvel movies get a lot of play in my house, too. Even went with my Dad to see Deadpool despite the fact he's 69 years old (He's a nerd, too, just older )

Guilermo del Toro's movies are always watchable, though some aren't appropriate for my youngest.

Studio Ghibli hold's a big spot in my media shelf on blu ray. They're much like Disney, timeless classics usually with a lesson hidden inside. my 20 year old stepdaughter wants a Totoro tattoo bad despite her fear of needles.

A lot of what I watch involves subtitles, it's fascinating what other countries put out, at least to me.

edit: coffee pot is slow this morning, as am I. Spelling mistakes

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 05/05/16 03:58 AM

Well... honestly when my kids were young. I stayed single for about 12 years. I didn't want to bring someone new into their world or mine.

When I dated, I dated discreetly and quietly.. My children weren't involved..

The huge "when and if" the relationship had progressed to the point it might turn serious..

The gentleman that I was dating was introduced to my children in a very casual sort of way.
For example I remember there was one guy I dated about 4 or 5 times I thought mmmm maybe.. So I invited him to a zoo outing.. I told my kids I had a friend that wanted to go to the zoo with also would it be okay if we met him there to spend the afternoon with us. This wasn't an uncommon Occurrence for me to invite a colleague to join us in this outing.

That worked out well and no harm no foul or uncomfortable questions for me or my kids or the date...

I honestly believe when we have kids we owe them. They don't ask to be born and we owe them to be there for them.

I see so many people bring their kids into their dating spectrum and somewhere kids think that all relationships are transitionary. Not a life lesson I wanted to teach mine.

I may be really outdated but it worked well for me and my children...

This. I'm not ashamed to admit I've passed up nights out to stay in with my youngest to build Lego's or watch a movie and eat things bad for us. He's a mildly Aspberger child, and the divorce and how his mother has treated him since has set him back, so I try my damndest to be the one solid thing he has in a very transitory world. Any lady I would dare to date would have to understand that I am a parent first and be patient until I would feel comfortable in introducing them to each other.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 05/05/16 03:08 AM
Star Wars ( Happy late May the 4th ). Always go back to the original trilogy. My youngest could hum the Imperial March by the time he was a year old :)
Any of the old Godzilla movies...memories of afternoons spent eating grilled cheese and watching Monster Theater growing up on Saturdays after morning cartoons.
Classic Romero zombie movies...I consider them training films for the zombie apocalypse...
Disney animation...having raised children, there's a few that were worn out several times over on VHS

Wow, I just realized I completely outed myself as a Nerd, but that's okay, I own it regardless :P

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 05/05/16 02:40 AM
Why am I up again at 5 am, for no good reason?

Scarecrow060972's photo
Thu 05/05/16 02:39 AM
To the soccer mom in the minivan who looked right at me and yet ran me off the road:
Thank you. I wanted a new windshield, saddlebags and underwear anyway. I'd apologize for calling you all sorts of unsavory names, but let's face it, I feel you deserve it.

To the Amish young men who saw it happen:
Thank you for helping me get the bike out of the ditch. Beer's on me.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sat 04/23/16 09:48 PM
Master Mason here, but under demit. I hear a lot of horror stories, but my local Lodge does a ton for the community, from the annual Easter egg hunt for 12 and under to sponsoring all manner of sports teams. I still support and volunteer at my home Lodge whenever possible.
While I'm not a Shriner, I do know quite a few, and while a few seem a little shady, for the most part they're a pretty good lot. The free hospitals they run have saved many, many children.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sat 04/23/16 09:39 PM
You're an admirable man any decent lady could fall for..... maybe the women you have encountered just want to have fun and does not want to take any responsibilities as well...I salute you for being an Ideal Father!!!wink flowerforyou

Yes, well, not compromising my morals leaves me high and dry quite a bit :P but thank you

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 04/03/16 06:41 PM
Edited by Scarecrow060972 on Sun 04/03/16 06:43 PM

Its a one way street when it comes to giving labels.

Guys can date who they want, when they want, as many times as they want and dont usually get labled anything more than maybe a player or an *******.

Women who date younger are labled cougars and such. Women who date older men are called gold diggers. And women who sleep around a lot are called sluts.

I don't think its right. A woman should be able to do what ever makes her happy without getting labeled.

That's a very true statement and also very unfair to the ladies. In the past two years I spent 4 months with a 19 year old, some in their 30's, and a few my age, yet I wasn't called much of anything by anyone other than my ex ( And I won't repeat that here ). If a lady had done that, I can only imagine the names they'd hang on her.
Personally, at my age, they're going to be MILF's, anyone old enough for me to consider dating is going to have had children by now, LOL

Old women milf or cougar....1) know what they want...2) can better appreciate what a man truly has to offer....3) more open in the bed room...4) have a better understanding of life...5) have a better understanding of a father and his duties to his children......all sounds like good reasons to grab an older lady!!

I think the same way you do, brother! I'm old enough to be established, have my own "stuff", and know who I am and what I want, and they generally do as well.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sun 04/03/16 06:34 PM
I generally agree to disagree, and defend the opposing persons right to their opinion.
As many others have stated in this topic, it's hard to say exactly when a line has been crossed. It is also hard to "read" tone and inflection into a written statement.
I've done too much and seen too much to judge, other than to say stupid comes in all forms and colors.

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sat 03/26/16 06:15 PM

A huge cup of coffee... yawn

Always a pot on at my house :)

Scarecrow060972's photo
Sat 03/26/16 07:35 AM
True...Sincere Relationship is really hard to find....Must dig deeper under the haystack I guess...frustrated

Be sure you're looking under the haystack, not the compost heap.