Community > Posts By > DavidCommaGeek

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 01:31 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 01:35 PM
Farscape is included in its entirety on Amazon Prime (on the Kindle). Four seasons, right? Very last episode "Bad Timing", with the final message "To Be Continued..."? Puppets are so much better than CGI.
Amazon Prime is $100 a year (ish) for numerous benefits, including free two-day shipping on all things purchased on Amazon.com - and many, many streamed TV shows. You can also add friends and family to your Prime account, and they get some of the benefits like free shipping.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 01:26 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 01:26 PM
Pizza. No question. The Italians created it, but the U.S. perfected it.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 01:23 PM

Poor me only 13

Don't feel too bad - mine's been at 6 for more than a week, now.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 01:03 PM
What in hax is stopping you from buying all the discounted chocolate you want?
That's all on you, lady!

I plan to get up, do my exercises to stave off the fatness, eat some breakfast, and generally treat it like another normal day. There are very good odds I won't even realize it's the 14th until at least midday, when I check my computer calendar.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 12:50 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 12:54 PM
It seems to me that, if I truly am an introvert, I'm not going to go around telling people what kind of introvert I am.
He said, helpfully.

I'm fine with meeting new people and chatting with strangers (and apparently I just have "that kind of face", which means strangers chat with me even if I'm not in the mood), and people "Friend" me all the time. I just tend not to keep people unless we really get along, have similar interests, etc.
I don't feel the need to use services like FaceBook or MySpace or Skype with people all the time. My social needs are met by my few friends and family (I have a lower threshold for social interaction to be met), and what I lack there I've made up by flirting with strange women on the internet. (Or is that, "flirting strangely with women on the internet"?)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 11:42 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 11:57 AM
I remember taking one of these in college... I ended up as Isomethingsomethingsomething. Suppose it can't hurt to take it again and see.

**RESULTS**

ISTJ

I don't remember about the middle two letters, but I and J seem familiar. I'm pretty sure there was a "B" in there when I did it in college, but that doesn't look like one of the options... The description of ISTJ doesn't sound like the one I got in college, though - the one in college, if I recall correctly, was much more artsy and free-thinking-sounding. Maybe I'm just complimenting myself in my memories (or insulting myself?).
I don't think of myself as such a rule-monger as the ISTJ personality indicates... As long as people are playing by the same set of rules (i.e., no cheating), it should be good. I try to avoid making up "rules" for my life, or anyone else's life. Morality being a different thing than "rules", and I try to keep my morals to myself. (Except of course, when my moral opinion is asked for on internet forums! Muahaha!)

But, hey, the ISTJ personality gets a quote by George Washington, so it can't be all bad!

Does anybody care about seeing the "Romantic Relationships" side of the ISTJ?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 11:36 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 11:40 AM
Speaking for myself, I'd be perfectly content with the reversal of traditional gender roles. If I could manage to marry a woman who made enough take-home money to support our lifestyle and children, without me having to work**, I'd leap at the chance (provided she met all my other conditions for a happy, successful relationship, like being a total geek).
As a man, a bachelor, I already take care of my property, meals, bills, and cleanliness. And I have to say - it's really not that hard. (I like to think I keep my house in pretty good order - I don't live in a pigsty.) Two people would increase this by a factor of at least two, of course, but if I didn't have to work, I'd have plenty of time to take care of a factor of two or more. This wouldn't be a huge lifestyle change for me.

The sad part of this case, though, is that the woman would be marrying a man who didn't [have to] work, and society reaaaaaaaaaaally looks down on that kind of thing. I might be okay with being a "kept husband", and she might be okay with keeping a husband, but regardless of our opinions, society has something else to say on the matter.

**though I would at least like to have a lifelong occupation, even if I didn't need it for the money

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 11:13 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Thu 02/12/15 11:18 AM
In response to the original post...

Canada can't afford us. And I don't mean that Canada is poor, or their economy isn't robust - it's just they keep bragging about the quality of their government-sponsored healthcare, but they only have a bit more than 10% of the U.S. total population (Canada 35,160,000 citizens, the U.S. 316,130,000 citizens according to a basic internet search). Imagine trying to implement Canada's system of healthcare on that scale, in a quick enough time for it to actually affect the union of the two countries (as opposed to generations down the road).

Also, I'm not a fan of the opportunity to live in Canada's "climate options" - which are basically "cold", "colder", and "coldest". I'm a SoCal boy. I need my summer sun and temperate winters.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 11:08 AM
I like stalky or Chubby.

You might possibly mean "stocky"... unless you do mean "stalky", as in someone who likes to stalk you.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Thu 02/12/15 11:07 AM
Seems like a valid solution to a complex problem to me! :tongue:

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 09:58 PM
Fleudergerm!

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 07:23 PM
I've already seen a couple pictures which were... suspicious, to say the least. Let's just say I've seen them on sites which have a much more targeted demographic.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 07:00 PM
At the risk of being even more off-topic, and much less humorous, I thought I'd post this question here instead of wasting space with a whole new thread.

When you're looking through the Match pictures, the symbol of Mingle Squared in the lower-right-corner of the Match picture means their photo has been verified by the site, yes? Or does it have some other significance?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 06:57 PM

Yeah, I was raised Baptist and started asking questions about that age. By the time I was 10 I knew that if god was real, he wasn't all that good.

That's about what it would take to get me to believe. I have two simple conditions:
1) Proof that the given deity does, in fact, exist.
2) That the given deity is worth worshipping.

The second condition is actually somewhat harder to satisfy, because the deity or the deity's believers would have to prove to me that the deity has my best interests at heart, that the deity abides by a moral code similar to mine, and the deity chooses to act on my behalf sometimes.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 06:41 PM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Wed 02/11/15 06:42 PM
Well-known comedic fantasy author!

(I'm not saying you look EXACTLY like Terry Pratchett... but you look an awful lot like Terry Pratchett...)

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 06:34 PM
I can't think of anything really kinky right off the top of my head, but if you like, I can send a faith-oriented sex joke...?

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 06:29 PM
Adding in some additional Interests may help you find a broader field to select from. Also, fill out some of your profile with what you're looking for (age, nearness, someone who likes to cuddle, desired "attributes", etc).
Your pictures are pretty good, though personally I've never been a fan of the tilted frame.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 10:44 AM
I think ezriderr may be referring to an Online/Offline colored-dot notification - that's how it's done on a lot of sites, but I'm not seeing any such indicator here in Mingle Squared either on the forums or on profiles.

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 10:38 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Wed 02/11/15 10:40 AM
Can you buy shows for download from Netflix, or do you always have to stream from their site? I'd like something that I can have permanently, perhaps stored on another device, so I can keep them for posterity.

I guess for Dark Shadows, I'll have to bust out some gift cards to pay for the Kindle version - though they're asking $40 PER SEASON (40ish episodes per season, but still!).

DavidCommaGeek's photo
Wed 02/11/15 10:34 AM
Edited by DavidCommaGeek on Wed 02/11/15 10:35 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I'll be marrying an individual woman, not her family. A lot of people have poor relationships with the rest of their family, but I don't think it's necessarily any individual's fault. It may just be an unavoidable clash of personalities. You can't pick your family, after all.

For your case, Rexgito, I'd recommend you think about: "Can I live my life without my family? Can I live my life without my wife interacting with my family?"
If you and your family are very close, the answers are probably "No". Though I would listen to their concerns, and see if you share any of those concerns. That's usually a good indication that those concerns are valid. At the same time, though, you're going to be the one in the marriage, not the rest of your family, and you have to live with yourself and your wife.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25