Community > Posts By > Mechamel

Mechamel's photo
Thu 03/12/15 11:04 AM
Really? Should respect just be limited to women? Respecting everybody (and everything) sounds like a great way to co-exist on the earth... Respect is really one of the magic things of mankind. It costs nothing, makes everyone feel good, benefits everyone and everything. What more could we ask for?

Mechamel's photo
Mon 02/23/15 10:15 AM
as with any site, How well it works depends on what you are looking for.
I made the upgrade payment. I have actually met 1 person and spoken with a few. It is not as focused on locality as some other sites. I suppose there is a way to pay extra for that feature too. Sites are just businesses trying to make money and if they can do something for you in the process so much the better for you. But no work is free ;) except government work (not).

Mechamel's photo
Sat 02/21/15 09:53 PM
obviously the hit man would make it look like some sort of accident. Like accidental heroin overdose... JK, Car wreck, electrocution in the tub, accidental poisoning, maybe an accidental arrow through the heart or gunshot through the head while cleaning the gun you don't own....

Mechamel's photo
Mon 02/02/15 11:40 PM
Yep..

Mechamel's photo
Sun 02/01/15 08:42 PM

Political parties are "made up" entities to help control and direct the masses of people towards some common goal.
They are all fictional and have constantly changing goals stated and restated in various ways over the decades.
Yes the political parties of America are archaic (if that is the way you want to describe them) because the design is from early human development.
Without them anarchy could in fact take top spot. If you disband them there would be a power vacuum (and we all know that nature hates a vacuum). There would immediately be some new group of people spouting some common goal that must be reached or the end of all mankind and the world is the only sure next step.
Sound familiar? Take a look at what happened when "our" political parties removed the political parties from other countries (Korea, Vietnam, Irac/Iran, etc.)
As is usual there is no representation of the people in the political parties just money and power. Many will run to be in a seat of power in those parties so they can have access to that money or power using the "they are so out of touch with the common man" approach. They usually get elected too. Funny isn't it?

Not funny frown Some valid points.
Yes nature hates a vacuum but there would be none without the power to create said vacuum. Who gives that power? Voters and non-voters. Republics were around much longer than the US as was the democracy our government was modelled after. We didn't make it up, we revised it and took parts of what our forefathers saw fit to include.
Now, is our government functioning the same as it was when General Washington took office? No. It has had to change to accommodate things that they couldn't have foreseen.
Does every part work the way it should? No. Large parts of it are abused neglected misused etc.
Is there a disparity between the average politician and the common man? Yes. Does that need to change? Yes. Does that mean bowlegged billy down at tractor supply should be a congressman? No. He might boil a mean peanut but he doesn't understand the significance of a power vacuum because he never left his home town.
Look at the corruption we have on all our streets in our police departments. Uncontrolled immigration, the lack of border control and all the drugs that cross our southern border and come into our ports, that's where our money is going and that's where our power is. Scrapping the whole system would ensure the largest power vacuum history has ever seen. We have the right and the power to change our government. WE NEED TO USE IT. Band-aids don't help. Don't fall for duct tape and lies. Read. Watch the news. Then GO VOTE.

All good points and issues that should be addressed but are constantly not. Who gives power you mention, It is not a who but a what. Need creates the opportunity for power. Creating a need then gives leverage to have people do things to fill that need. Basic needs can't be created but they are controlled, ie. food, air, water, shelter and some few others. As I see the function of governments it is to help insure the basic needs of it's citizens is not life threatening so the general populace can work on improving the life and welfare of themselves and their families.
In many ways what our current government has been attempting to do is something along this line but instead of leading our people into it they are forcing them by trying to create the need. Their tools are economic and statutory in nature. Using various techniques from their position of strength they are trying to manipulate our population to accomplish what "they" feel is best for our country.
Can we vote them out? The constitution gives us to right to remove any government we feel is not representing us they way we feel it should. Is it easy? Not on your life. Is it probable? Probably not. Possible? Yes.
Our current voting system is evolving to adapt to the changes that are happening. Who is monitoring that evolution? Those who want to achieve something particular. Our whole system is based on trust and faith. Democracy as a pure government will not work (mob rule basically) and a democratic republic seems like the most reasonable hybrid for some sort of "fair" government. Just as with most things in humanity- this system is subject to greed, hate, bias, and a host of -isms. These are the areas that we have to focus on eliminating to improve our system of government.
We don't have civil servants anymore (not since they put unions in government). Remember when it was a charitable service or a sacrifice to do government work? Now it is a most desirable, cushy job with the best benefits available.
Voting is in fact the way to get change in this country but even that is being manipulated. Where do you get information to decide what you will vote for? The media? The government? Private companies? A long and arduous task to make decisions like that. Most folks do not have the patience to deal with it and want someone else to make the decision. Back to the trust and faith part of this. How do you find someone to put your faith and trust in? This is a good area to concentrate a portion of education on. How to spot "players" and fakes.

LOLOLOL What a rant!

Mechamel's photo
Sat 01/31/15 09:44 PM
LOL!!! Life is a Rube Goldberg...

Mechamel's photo
Sat 01/31/15 09:32 PM
Political parties are "made up" entities to help control and direct the masses of people towards some common goal.
They are all fictional and have constantly changing goals stated and restated in various ways over the decades.
Yes the political parties of America are archaic (if that is the way you want to describe them) because the design is from early human development.
Without them anarchy could in fact take top spot. If you disband them there would be a power vacuum (and we all know that nature hates a vacuum). There would immediately be some new group of people spouting some common goal that must be reached or the end of all mankind and the world is the only sure next step.
Sound familiar? Take a look at what happened when "our" political parties removed the political parties from other countries (Korea, Vietnam, Irac/Iran, etc.)
As is usual there is no representation of the people in the political parties just money and power. Many will run to be in a seat of power in those parties so they can have access to that money or power using the "they are so out of touch with the common man" approach. They usually get elected too. Funny isn't it?

Mechamel's photo
Mon 01/26/15 09:33 AM
I have run in to the exact same thing. Part of western religious ideology that sex is bad except to make babies with. Sort of ridiculous to think that way to me but it is ingrained at such a young age and hard to overcome. Knee jerk reactions to mentioning sex. Many older women still have a thought process that sex is something "sex workers" do, not a good christian woman. Like I said, very ridiculous, restrictive thinking but very prevalent in older women from a more rigid time.

Mechamel's photo
Mon 01/26/15 09:20 AM
How does one make a definitive answer for this? That old phrase "to each their own" comes to mind.
I am a "tweener" in my eyes. Not 60 but over 50 and I think I am an old man. I am not treated that way at work but am treated that way by younger folks.
I have always been attracted to women my age or older than me. Like many have posted here the knowledge and experience level is so much more delightful to deal with.
Most younger women I have had relations with take a bit of patience while they find out exactly what they really want out of a relationship.
So both types of women are fun and appropriate in the right times.
The trick for women is trying to figure out if the man has made up his mind what he wants in that relationship.
Most people will not willingly communicate about the most personal and intimate desires/feelings they have about others and the real skill is understanding how they do in fact reveal them. Blah-blah-blah... I guess this is not a personal relations class and I do not have any right to preach or teach!