Community > Posts By > greeneyedgirrl

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Tue 03/31/09 06:12 PM
For me honestly, if a guy doesn't write anything I am less prone to message him. I would add some information about what you're looking for, what your interests are stuff like that.

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Fri 03/27/09 10:46 PM
Get drunk.... that's my goal lol...

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Fri 03/27/09 10:45 PM
I don't take it the wrong way nor do any of my guy friends.... I can't seem to have good relationships with females so the majority of my friends are guys and I wouldn't ever read between the lines and neither do they in most cases....

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Fri 03/27/09 04:26 PM
I spent 7 months with an online conversation (not here but another site) now in part it was because I'm St. Louis and he is in Seattle. I mean of course we talked on the phone and did the web cam thing, but it just didn't end up working out for various reasons. I'm all for meeting someone and it doesn't take 7 months for me to do it, but I have to feel comfortable enough with that person to actually meet them and you can't place a time frame on that.

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:01 PM
I think it depends on how far it goes on the internet. In person yeah I have a major issue with it.....

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 10:40 PM
Edited by greeneyedgirrl on Thu 03/26/09 10:40 PM
Pic then profile for me too... BUT it doesn't matter if he's the best looking guy in the world if he has almost nothing written about himself or has obvious lines of BS written I don't bother with him. I want to know who goes along with that pic, not that he has a great pic and no brain....

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 10:38 PM
If I'm really pissed I argue.... I try to avoid conflict now but usually I avoid it to the point it becomes unavoidable any longer and then I explode...

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 10:36 PM
My suggestions are as follows

Sleep

Music (really LOUD music)

Alcohol (this one usually works pretty well for me lol)

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 10:26 PM
How about I give ya a 9 all the way around.... I'm an ink and piercing whore laugh so I'm diggin it all the way around on the physical. It's well written and I think it pretty well states what you're looking for so 9 here :smile:

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 12:51 PM
And I understand that and I'm okay with that that's the point of forums is for people to throw their opinions out there I just don't want everyone to think badly of me and I am sorry if I came across that way. flowerforyou

Everyone has their own preferences and I'm okay with that. If nothing else I've learned to accept other people's opinions even if they don't mesh with mine. I came out of a messy marriage and i think I just want better in my next relationship, I just don't want everyone to look badly on me for that. :smile:

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 12:46 PM
I'm with you Atlantis... I never really understood that because it's almost like the person demonstarted some sort of interest in you and then nothing.... I don't really question what I did wrong per se cause like was said before we do tend to window shop.... HOWEVER you guys do too.... I think I try to maintain conversations with people until it hits a wall or I end up meeting them. I've never been the one to abruptly stop though.....

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 12:42 PM
waving Welcome and good luck!!

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 12:40 PM
Okay wow I didn't mean to generalize... maybe I know what I mean but when it comes to writing it I don't expres it well.... I'm not arguing with any of the points made because they are valid but I know some things I can't let go of... the prison thing being the first. I realize not all guys are the same but I have kids and I have to protect myself and them. And given my past experience which was scary enough I just can't do it. And true some people don't have to work because they don't have to, I think what I am saying is being taken literal and that's not the way it was intended.

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 12:00 PM
Thank you blushing

I know sites like these we always look first at who the person is THEN the words that are written follow but I think I'm trying to achieve the impossible lol... I want to have someone want to talk to me not based on how I look but who I am..... I'm looking for the Holy Grail with that one I think laugh

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:54 AM
I've heard "the penis does the picking" at least he's honest lol

Welcome!!waving

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:52 AM
Edited by greeneyedgirrl on Thu 03/26/09 11:52 AM
Okay my profile is pretty simple and to the point but I feel like I need to maybe be more specific? Loosen up? I'm not great at writing these and some of you have very well written profiles. What are the things I could improve on mine? I'm open to everything cause I haven't ever been really good at talking about myself anyway. Help? flowerforyou

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:29 AM
I used to have to tell myself "he's not my ex" but the problem was I didn't take enough time out to get to what it was I was truly seeking so I ended up dating those guys who were EXACTLY like my ex. That's when you have to take time out for yourself, figure out what you are and aren't willing to settle for and go from there and just have the hope the same mistakes aren't made twice on either end.

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:23 AM
I didn't say the job necessarily mattered. He could be flippin burgers for all I care. I don't want the kind of guy who can't hold down a job, now if he loses the job based on the economy or other mitigating factors beyond his control that's a different story. The thing behind the job is motivation and maybe I should have clearly expressed that.

And the prison thing? I'm sorry I have dated people who have been in prison and all that happened was a restraining order was the end result. I learned my lesson.

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:18 AM
Actions do speak louder than words but I say make her laugh too, it helps me relax happy

greeneyedgirrl's photo
Thu 03/26/09 11:13 AM
Everyone has them.... our set standards that we refuse to let go of . What are your 5 non-negotiables when it comes to meeting someone?

Here's mine

1.) He most have a job. I am supporting NO man

2.) I don't really dig criminals and honestly I won't date a guy who has been in prison.

3.) He has to be taller than me (I have attitude about height lol)

4.) He has to be independant. I enjoy spending time with my mate but I really hate men who are co-dependant and "need" to be with me all the time.

5.) He must be able to make me laugh. And not some cheesy little girl giggle I want the full on tears in the eyes kind of laughter.

Previous 1