Community > Posts By > Tootsweet13

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 07:47 PM

i don't mind being called hun

What the heck is the problem... why are we still sweatin' the small stuff with all the real issues in the world. I've been called a hella worse than that... move on and save the energy for violence not bs words. Get a life...

Well, I don't think anyone is sweating it...the OP asked for opinions, and we gave them to him. Now, it would be different if a girl started a thread complaining about being called, "Hon". Cause you're right...it's just not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. :smile:

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 07:41 PM

Read through the posts...intolerance is such an ugly thing, eh? Some folks need to get out more...and accept the fact that maybe - just maybe - they aren't universally right in everything they say.laugh :wink:

There is no obligation to tolerance within someone’s personal boundaries. People either respect boundaries or they don’t.

Some may venture to guess a person would be acting like a jerk if they assumed they could act anyway they wished around strangers.

There is no obligation to tolerance when discussion such a supercilious topic anyway.

Do unto others is a wonderful thing to live by. Part of doing that is asking someone how they wish to be addressed. I was told to never assume how I should address someone (last name, first name, Miss, Mrs, Mr, etc). My father taught me that when I learned to speak. I was also brought up that I should never, ever be too familiar without someone I don’t know by calling them a nickname. My father was born in Georgia and raised in Texas; he was the father of manners.

If I reach the point where I ask a person how I should address her I am sure she is not worth knowing . Being myself is the best policy regardless to what others think because I do not want to change anyone and certainly I do not want to change myself for anyone .
To pretend to say what I do not mean is just not me .

What??

When you meet a business associate, you think they are not worth knowing if they prefer you to address them a certain way? Your boss? Your friend's grandmother whom you've never met? That is disrespectful. YOU don't dictate how people wished to be addressed.

You can be yourself but when you first meet someone and shake hands -- don't you ask, "what is your name?" slaphead If they say, “Call me Ms. Jones”, do you say, "Well, that's not me so I'll call you "hon". slaphead

IT IS NOT YOUR NAME to change or reduce unless otherwise told! whoa

WTF happened to respect for other people?

I concur, Melody! :thumbsup:

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 04:33 PM

I'm talking about men!! Women can remember names, but not men.

I'm confused. Krupa's a man, and he knows his mom and sister's names, yet still calls them "Baby". Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis? laugh

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 04:11 PM

Oh Crap!

I just read Melody's post. She GOTTA hate me!!!! I use Honey, Babydoll, sweetheart, sweety, Love, psychotic b**ch, lovey and other endearing terms constantly.

Just how I was raised.

Oh...you think THAT's why she hates you, Krupa? :wink: laugh

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 04:04 PM

Sorry double post....huns....hons.....etc......laugh .

*SMACK! ;)

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:57 PM

Me no likey. Pet names from strangers are condescending, IMO.

Really? People you don't know throw terms such as that your way?

*Incredible*

(I'm thinking the OP was referring to using the term on
women he knows rather well - I *assume* that :)

What's with the sarcasm, sir? Considering this is a dating site, I'm assuming the OP meant he called someone "hun" in an email and she didn't respond favorably. Do you know something I don't?

I wasn't being sarcastic ... the OP never put his original thought
into perspective ... I *assume* he was talking about talking like
that with someone he knows *outside* this site ... personally.

Sorry I asked :(

LOL, don't be sorry! I'm just messing around. I had NO idea what you meant, or how to take your comment, so I was just goofing off. laugh

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:41 PM

Hahahaha!!! fancy seeing you lot here! LMAO!tongue2 rofl

Hey, lady! flowerforyou This thread has a familiar ring to it, don't you think? ;)

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:38 PM

Really? People you don't know throw terms such as that your way?

*Incredible*

(I'm thinking the OP was referring to using the term on
women he knows rather well - I *assume* that :)

What's with the sarcasm, sir? Considering this is a dating site, I'm assuming the OP meant he called someone "hun" in an email and she didn't respond favorably. Do you know something I don't?

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:18 PM

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 03:16 PM
I'll be Frank!! flowerforyou

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 02:44 PM

agony

sad2

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 02:43 PM
My soon to be ex. He is just mean. Granted, it's been an AWFUL year for him, but he is turning into one of those crotchety, bitter old men we all swear we will never turn out like when we get old.

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 02:34 PM
My students said it, and my daughter said it. Now if only a man would say it....

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 02:18 PM
I am just now getting over Pneumonia. It sucked! :(

Tootsweet13's photo
Tue 11/03/09 02:17 PM
Hi Mirror! waving

When I hear love I think of happiness and selflessness.smitten

Tootsweet13's photo
Mon 10/26/09 04:07 PM
Not me, I'm a faux female, but I wanted to say welcome to the boards! flowerforyou

Tootsweet13's photo
Mon 10/26/09 04:05 PM
I don't know you, but anyone who quotes Hee Haw can't be all bad! flowerforyou

Tootsweet13's photo
Sun 10/04/09 08:37 AM

What do you mean by normal girl?

Singmesweet ain't normal! :wink: Kidding! She's awesome!

Tootsweet13's photo
Sat 10/03/09 06:29 AM
One of my students' mom has it; she had to go to a hotel to wait it out (she's still there). Husband and kids were tested and they don't have it, thank goodness! That's the closest it has hit to me.

Tootsweet13's photo
Sat 10/03/09 06:22 AM
Deep sea fishing

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25