Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 09:36 PM
Find it here? Maybe. What's a certainty though is finding folks that are worth considering. Kinda like building a house; foundation first, y'know? Or movin' tons of dirt to find the diamonds.

The bright side is you won't suffer from the '2 at 10 and 10 at 2' syndrome. :banana:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 09:26 PM

I'm looking for real, long time love with one man.
good answer flowerforyou

ummmm...I'm guessin' that this ain't the time to quote lines from 'Apocalypse Now.' Got a feeling that 'Me love you loooong time' isn't going to fill the bill, huh? slaphead

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 09:13 PM
That it's a really silly idea to pop a pizza into the oven when you're pumped full of pharmaceuticals that don't allow ya to remember you did it. grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 09:04 PM

No

Have you ever felt so lost that you can't find your way back?

NO?!? Spring (my dog) just 'harrumphed' at you.

To answer your question, Does every friggin' day count?

Have you ever thought, 'If I could just put into words what I'm thinking..?

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 08:50 PM
DYK that when I do push the envelope it's 'cuz a friend doesn't only tell you what you want to hear, sometimes they tell ya what you need to hear.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 08:47 PM

Did you know... The more people push for something and not respecting the other person's wishes, alienates them til they become... Well... Alienated...

Namaste'flowerforyou

Yep.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 08:36 PM

"��You," he said, "are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain."

�� Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls

...and so misunderstood.

I should get this tatooed on my forehead. spock

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 08:29 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/08/15 08:31 PM
I think this woman's pretty sharp. I don't see her (yet) as a Presidential possibility. I could certainly imagine a spot on the ticket as the VP nominee.

She's already shown that she can competently handle a role as co-CEO (I'm a little loaded on meds but she shared the top spot @ Hewlett-Packard if I remember correctly) and effectively, at that.

She's got a good head for business and we - as in the U.S. - need a business person in the Executive Branch. I don't have a clue what she's got to offer with regards to foreign policy and that's both vitally important and traditionally, the VP's bailiwick. I don't think it's outside of her capability to learn though.

Nothing I've seen leads me to believe that she's Commander-in-Chief capable in terms of our military escapades. She's a consensus builder, though. That's a refreshing alternative to the 'my way or I'll veto' we've been forced to swallow thus far.

Four years as a VP would expose her to the things she's not rock-solid on yet. Give'er 8 years of practice and I'll volunteer to run her campaign for the top spot.

Interesting woman. The only person I'd like to see as VP more is Carson.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 08:15 PM

Sorry to hear that scribbles, anything I can do to help, I'm feeling pretty helpful bigsmile

Nahh, it's cool, partner. Just a kicked-in-the-heinie sorta day. I appreciate it, though. You're one o'the good ones, amigo. drinker

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 07:41 PM

For stealing my original leather bound manuscript of May to December Romances for Dummies....:banana: :banana:

It's not what ya think! You see, I've got this cow fetish...smitten

Popped for feeding the Zoo animals. Sentenced to probation and a 'special circumstance' provision that doesn't allow possession of bagged peanuts.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 07:33 PM
Pretty discombobulated, to tell ya the truth. sad2

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 03:56 PM

For breaking and entering my profile....looking for tips...bigsmile

Nutz! Busted again. grumble

While I'm in the clink though, got time to share some o'those tips?

Didn't get arrested, but WAS questioned about smuggling contraband into the Mingle hoosegow. spock

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 03:19 PM
For bein' accused of cradle-robbing. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 03:10 PM

..what???..

Ditto. I don't even know who to ask 'Are you ok?!?' whoa

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 02:57 PM

... and the historical places it has kept the black demographic relative to everyone else,,,

This is vital to understand. That it's not nearly as valid a 'locgical explanation' is lost on folks.
This sort of thinking defines a significant portion of American citizenry. 'It comes down to, you owe me ______, America.' That's harsh, but in my experience and observations, it's true.

History is just that. It's in the past. As is using race as a de
facto limitation. I don't advocate folks forgetting about it or sweeping it under the carpet. I do, heartily, ask that it be used as psychological fuel that motivates folks to do the work that is necessary to succeed in Mainstream America.

People that know better should be standing up and shouting on every street corner in every disadvantaged area of the country, 'You are NOT being held back, you are being misled. I mean misled both literally and figuratively.

In almost any neighborhood in America you'd care to search, members of races that are not Anglo-Saxson White Protestants are carving out their piece of the American pie, without apology, without asking anyone for special consideration based on historical prejudice, without DOUBT that America can, and will, reward effort.

Be they Vietnamese fishermen in Galveston, Hindu shop owners in any locale you look, Hispanic folks carving out a presence in the construction industry, Middle Eastern people owning/operating motels and/or grocery shops, the list of people striving to make their place, not waiting, or worse, demanding favored status is enormous.

All of these folks have a single thing in common ~ they believe that THEY can change history and stake a claim on success.

Let me ask, again. When will Black Leadership encourage their constituents to put their collective noses to the grindstone, shake off the shackles of a past that Americans shed blood to change and stake their place in the home of the Free and the Brave?

It's hard? Yeah. It takes time and effort? Yep. It's also possible.
Millions of folks do it every day, to the benefit of themselves and all the people with whom they come in contact.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/08/15 02:15 PM
Didja know that every night I pray that you'll meet someone worthy of you to unleash the love and laughter that you sometimes forget you've got in that amazing heart of yours? :smile:

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/07/15 07:07 PM
shocked

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/07/15 06:56 PM

Well You could always find the guy that interests you
lasso him...
hog tie him...
drag him...
back to the house...
padlock the door
presto
instant lover:angel: winking

Nutz. Wet pants, again. Y'all are hell on my laundry budget. grumble

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/07/15 03:53 PM

well, then the big pharma can pay me directly instead of paying these companies to get it from me for free...

That's precisely the market I was talking about, Moe. I know a couple of people who make a pretty fair living doing that. Paid travel, room and board, draw a reasonable paycheck, it's their job to provide themselves for study. I live in a University town and every week there are ads for folks to join in research efforts for pay. Apple could hijack that market, overnight, with a large enough database.

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 05/07/15 03:37 PM
This is a brilliant way to corner a market well in advance of necessity.
Big Pharma and medical research outfits/institutions spend a great deal of money - and pretty much randomly - trying to acquire suitable subjects for study. By creating a 'one-stop shopping experience' for them AND being able to more closely target desired traits or conditions, they can practically print money. With a large enough data base, Apple would completely change and could/would likely dominate a vital segment of medical research. Medical researchers would be lining up at the door, jostling for position and throwing buckets full of money at them.

Additionally, their efforts could do the same thing to the organ transplant field. Imagine a world of viable donors at your fingertips. Like the Wayans brothers' skit says, 'Dat'd be mo' money.'

And, as always, the lawyers will have kittens. There would be an entire new field of Law populated by critters representing the pro and con sides and it'd create a 'biological property' field - think Digital Rights Management variations.

Would the Justice Department be far behind? They'd trip all over themselves and the Constitution to have ready access to this info.

Brilliant - and scary - use of technology.