Community > Posts By > JustScribbles

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 04:58 PM
Be still, my heart :banana: drool

surprised

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 02:30 PM
What? No dancers? (Maybe one of y'all can snag a screen capture from this and fix that. :wink: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hsCf6hWsA&list=PLi4Ztto-6rNvoTJGOXWHkPinjFwAyQuTv&index=5

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 02:11 PM
Wonder if anyone else ever has dreams so vividly detailed that you wake certain, beyond doubt of any sort, that you lived the experience just now. You look around yourself to catch a glimpse of the participants, strain to capture the sounds and impressions, even as they fade with consciousness.

There's such a monumental surprise when you discover that nothing of the sort happened. And that takes NOTHING away from the experience. That particular 'reality' wasn't real, despite the bone-deep certainty it leaves behind. It's like seeing a friendly ghost, a hallucination spurred into creation by simply being open and receptive.

The nearest experience I could use to flesh out this wondrous occurence is one some folks call 'Deja Vu.' I've had those, too. The comparison seems appropriate.

Dreams so rich in content and wonder and emotion that they seem more the reenactment of forgotten memories than the seemingly random firing of synapses in the subconscious as it tries to make sense of your day.

Senses responding across the entire spectrum of input - touch, taste, all of them and even the 'dream' senses that can't possibly exist, although your imagination refuses to accept that impossibility.

I woke from one of those at zero-dark-thirty this morning with an ear to ear smile and laughter bubbling out of me.

I really hope that happens again.

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 01:44 PM
It's been years since I heard this song. I don't know for sure if these lyrics are precisely correct.

Rush 'Trees'

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
for the Maples want more sunlight
and the Oaks ignore their pleas

Well, the Oaks can't help their feelings
if they like the way they're made
and they wonder why the Maples
can't be happy in their shade

Got this into my head and it wouldn't stop percolating 'til I got it out here. Don't know how come. *shrugs*

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 06:45 AM

was it Mel Tillis?

Yep! Thanks, Ms. T.:wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Sat 05/02/15 01:02 AM
Edited by JustScribbles on Sat 05/02/15 01:03 AM

Which was my way of saying, 'Nope.' I growl about the alphabet gettin' into math problems and now you're tossing fruit at me.

You're pretty but evil. :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/01/15 07:09 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/01/15 07:10 PM

Show me the math for #4.

30/.5+10=70

oops Got beat to the punch.

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/01/15 07:05 PM
I had a friend that stuttered whenever he became excited about anything. And LOTS of things excited him. :smile:

There was a country music performer that had a pretty wonderful career (although I forget his name) that stuttered and used to put a couple of pebbles in his mouth. Somehow that gave him something else to think about and his stuttering was controlled.

My friend thought, 'Ok, can't hurt' and tried it. It worked for him, too. We hung out for about 15 yrs. and I never heard a single stutter from him, again. I don't know if he had rocks in his cheeks all that time. laugh

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/01/15 02:46 PM
Have only ever seen 3: Titanic, Casablanca and 50,000 First Dates.

The last one was the best. If I have to watch'em, at least give me a chuckle. sad2

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/01/15 02:37 PM
...and it really puts a damper on dating. (usually) :wink:

JustScribbles's photo
Fri 05/01/15 01:44 PM
Edited by JustScribbles on Fri 05/01/15 02:17 PM
This is sort of interesting as it develops. My first thought(s) were A) The decscription of this budding 'romance' sounds a lot like a job application~Detached and Clinical. Close behind that came the B) This gent spilled all his popcorn in the lobby.

I also agree with TxsGal-there's more going on on your paramour's side of the table than she's shared with you.

The responses from our Feminine contingent also rang a bell. There's a sense that your intentions or, at least, methods and conclusions, are suspect. Could it be that the lady you're in contact with feels something similar? I know that if someone gave me an 'interview,' regardless of how politely it was couched, my 'control issue' alarms would be deafening. I'm pretty sure 'women's intuition' exists. It's something to consider, at any rate. Your replies and rebuttals to some of the responses you got from folks suggest a desire to control, as well.

Trying to discover everything about someone and then pre-qualifying a relationship online takes away something valuable from a budding relationship-the thrill of discovery. Sharing personal info, dreams of the future, descriptions of what 'love-making is,' etc., is something best shared personally, imo.

Get out from behind the computer would be my first suggestion. Data points are quite different from emotional connections.

Good luck, partner.

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 09:11 PM
Why, doing prep work at an Aberrant Psychology workshop in the sincere hope that you might ask that very question, Dear. love

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 09:00 PM
She's a rebel, a rabble-rouser, a blatant and unrepentant non-conformist!

Oh, the horror! scared

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:57 PM

...remember how I like my coffee...smitten

ummmm, one raisin or two? tongue2

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:53 PM

A lot of what you say is true. A lot of men and women have hostile baggage their caring. But its not just the over 50 crowd, most people have had at least one bad relationship. I see a lot of 30 and 40 year old profiles reflecting this. I also see a lot of 20 to 40 year old people on this site that out of shape as well. So lets not single out the 50+ people.

no it can be true at any age
just saying that the prevalence tends to increase along with age

I am not even saying I am opposed to dating someone older than I am
just would have to be someone with a good head on his shoulders
who still cares about something in his life
including himself and his own needs happy

rofl Pick me! Pick me! I can still fit into my Dress Blues almost 40 years later. And the button holes don't stretch! I can even help with your Psych homework. (and I don't have to worry you'll turn green, again. tongue2 )

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 07:12 PM
It's when it does NOT come up anymore that's important, I think. There's no shame in saying, 'I still need help' or 'I still don't understand.' It's healthy, it shows that self-esteem still exists.

The only positive reason it might not come up is 'Problem solved.'

Abuse and the effects from it aren't likely to have a one step cure. In my experience, it's a process.

Just saying... flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 06:25 PM

No. That is a lie. It's 2 inches. Don't believe them. laugh

blushing It was really cold when she made that measurement. And she didn't say a word 'bout the big hat and belt buckle, y'know!~Lots o'stuff's bigger in Tejas. Honest.

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 06:19 PM
Spring, my dog. So far, her advice has been to 'harrumph' once or twice, look at me with her well-practiced 'Two-leggers are so friggin' ridiculous' glare, turn her back and go to sleep.

It reminds me so much of my ex's behavior that I quickly take her advice and find other stuff to think about.

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 05:54 PM
Run, don't walk, the other way.

Once the line has been crossed, it no longer exists and abuse will happen again.

Ms. T's right. Counseling provides, at the very least, the first leg of a support network. Don't let feelings of insecurity, feeling scared you aren't able to fend for yourself and your child, enable the false hope that an abuser will change. The odds are severely against that.

Get counseling and use it to build a loving and caring support network. You don't have to face this alone. Start soon. Now would be perfect.

God's Blessings and good luck. flowerforyou

JustScribbles's photo
Thu 04/30/15 04:50 PM
Thundar the Barbarian~~loved that critter that shot stuff out of the horn on his snoot. rofl

George of the Jungle tickled me, too. And Johnny Quest! And that silly one on Captain Kangaroo with the talking barracuda? Forget what it was called. Fascinated me, though.