Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/06/12 02:40 PM
I managed to find an old Christmas movie, The Night They Saved Christmas. So excited when it arrived, now I wait till Thanksgiving weekend to watch it!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/06/12 02:36 PM

i am a feminist

why?

because i love and care about women!

i also love men who are feminists:heart:

Ditto!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 11/06/12 02:36 PM

Since when did independent/independence become the definition for feminism?....Feminism is about "defining and establishing" EQUAL RIGHTS for women as they DIRECTLY relate to men's rights socially, politically, and economically!...Independence is the PRICE TAG women pay for this equality, which, FYI, is still not fully achieved...

If men and women are secure within themselves, feminism should only serve to enhance their relationships with each other....whoa
I agree!...Back in the 60's and 70's many women fought for "fair custody rights" for fathers after a divorce. This was an important issue for me...I didn't want to see kids deprived of time with their fathers...And a lot of men supported equal rights and better pay for women...How can we push for positive changes in society (for everyone) if we're bogged down in silly "tit for tat" kind of games? And never bother to look for "common ground?"

Speaking peer to peer, yes, yes, yes!...The game of "tit for tat" is child's play....

I agree with what you wrote about being secure too...A secure man doesn't want or need a "shadow" or a "cheerleader." Or a "little woman" by his side to make him look "tall!"

Yes, so true...I found many of the posts troubling because there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about feminism and HOW and WHY the feminist movement(s) came about...In order to continue to effect positive change, understanding by both men and women is vital...Unfortunately, women are still fighting for equal ground, especially in the workplace and the political arena...This makes it doubly important for our young men and women to have a clear and concise understanding of feminism and how it benefits society as a whole....Women have much to contribute....Their contribution to society should not be limited to that of homemaker, wife, and mother...In fact, time has proven that the traditional household is becoming a luxury most modern families can no longer afford....

Random pop-up from out of the blue! I luv you both! happy Beautifully said!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/27/12 04:20 PM
Happy belated Mabon! Hope everyone's was good!

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/12/12 04:38 PM
Nudges aren't useful unless it strikes up a conversation. I ignore nudges from guys, and state it in my profile. It's fine AFTER we've talked, but irritating beforehand.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 09/10/12 08:33 AM
Texas as well, for the same reasons as Metalwing mentioned, plus I do enjoy the heat! Not so much the cold. LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 09/10/12 08:32 AM
I'm still up in the air about this, but Sam Harris wrote a book, Free Will, and it basically says that our minds and bodies are subconsciously reacting as much as 10 seconds faster than our consciousness in the decision we make, which he feels negates the religious view, at least, of free will.

Free Will was a followup to The Moral Landscape, and like I said, I'm still on the fence about it, since he basically says that punishing someone may actually be wrong, since they're not consciously deciding to go off the deep end and slaughter someone.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 02:03 PM
I've met those who claim so, Ruth.

Two, at one time, very good friends (m/f) claimed they were twin-souled. Unfortunately, he was too busy screwing around with everyone else, and left her terribly hurt.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:54 PM
The Expendables II Loved it! Hilarious and gory

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:27 PM
I had turkeys named Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. They were a 8 and 9 when they passed away.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:23 PM
Heard of it, but never experienced it.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:12 PM
Unfortunately, other then being aware of the deities, I didn't care for what I read or saw. Santeria, especially, is still into the animal sacrifice, though under the guise of "respect" for the animals, but I personally don't see it that way.

I also have issues with some of the formatting, such as deities "riding" their worshippers. Come to find out, a lot of the women priestesses, especially, were raped and abused as children, so they know how to get out of their head, so to speak, and I see that as a continuing for of rape, even if they, supposedly, are willing.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 08/18/12 01:02 PM
I'm sure the FBI is monitoring a lot of things, including Mingle2. Are you deleting your account to Mingle2 as well? Especially since they'll likely be looking into his "friends" on the internet?

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 08/14/12 07:13 PM
Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 08/14/12 07:12 PM
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

My brother and I were discussing this! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 08/12/12 06:10 PM
Congrats!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 08/12/12 06:06 PM
Wilder by Christina Dodd, then 10 plays by Euripedes

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 07/29/12 08:43 AM
Congrats Jeannie!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 07/21/12 03:44 PM
Look into Rescue Remedy.