Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:38 PM

Black magic comes across as nitpicky IMO. Someone who is out to hurt others because they get off on it would be bad. Someone out to hurt a person because that person hurt their family, less bad. Any number of ways, tools or no tools can be misused.

I consider myself gray. Mostly white, but no qualms going ''black'' to protect those in my sphere. But that's fairly common with shamanic practitioners. Especially those not practicing a sanitized version of shamanism.

I don't count self defense (or defense of others) magic as "black". I have no problem doing banishing or binding magic on someone bothering me or my loved one.

Here's where I've seen it get a bit tricky. I had a woman who wanted to do spell work to get her son to stop doing drugs. I feel that is interfering with someone's free will. She felt he was a danger to himself and she was just protecting him.

What do you guys think?

This is a harder one, and I can see what you're getting at. She would probably do best on sending him a basic healing, with a caveat of "if it's meant to be" type phrasing which keeps it fairly neutral. Then focus on the drugs themselves, becoming useless, not doing what they are meant to, so the son turns away from them. If she wanted to go so far as turning on the people who sell it, and full on "F**K" you type energy. Some would call that black, but it is self defense in protecting the family.

I know it's cheesy, but there was this TV show, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues with David Carradine in it, and this one episode kind of stuck with me where he swirled something (reminded me of a cinnamon stick) in this man's alcohol. The guy was killing himself drinking, and Caine basically changed the composition of the drink, so the guy reacted badly to it, and to other alcohol, and he stopped drinking.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:25 PM
An excuse to hike the price up. A gun is a gun!

That said, considering my dad sprays his work tools neon pink, he'd probably buy a pink gun if he needed it. He's weird, what can I say.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:20 PM

My favorite episode is the last episode of the show. Pure magic.

I also love Once More With Feeling - the musical episode. I know the words to all the songs. :tongue:

LOL! Mom bought my that soundtrack! Love wandering through it. It also has some of the music from the Hush episode, which was another good one!

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:19 PM

omg how did you only watch it the show ended back in 2003 but it is very good. whats your fav ep?

Buffy and Spike have sex. That episode rocks.

HAHAHAHHA! Love it, too. I like the Angel series better than Buffy, though.

The puppet episode of Angel was sheer awesomeness.

YES!!! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 06:10 AM
Couple of older documentaries on Scotland. The Dirt Detectives, narrated by Craig Ferguson.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 06:09 AM
The Raven King: Matthias Corvinus and the Fate of his Lost Library - Marcus Tanner

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 04:53 AM
Love that show, got mom and dad hooked on it, Angel, and Charmed. Rewatch them when there is nothing else on if I'm really bored.

Legend of the Seeker is split by those who love it or hate it. Generally, those who have never read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series love it. Those who have read the series hate it. He sold out and that sucks royally.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 05/07/12 04:46 AM
I get up and tell the parent(s) that I paid for the movie too and their brat needs to be quiet. They usually leave. If they don't, I go get an employee and they are told to leave. I have no respect for those who don't provide basic respect to others and have no qualms telling them off, as politely as I can manage.

I'm hoping to see the movie this week!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 05/06/12 11:53 AM
And Shadowfever by KM, the last one.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 05/06/12 05:28 AM
Dreamfever by KM

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 01:57 PM
I pair my socks as they come out of the dryer or off the line, so there's no mixed colors. Everything else is neat and clean, either jeans and t-shirt or dress clothes. Grab what I'm wearing the night before and call it good.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 01:42 PM
Hate shopping, especially for clothing. The stuff doesn't last anymore, and there's absolutely no consistency in sizes. All it does is leave me pissed off.

As far as books, I know what I want before I get it, go in and order it, or lately, order it through Amazon and then I'm done! And happy.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 01:35 PM

How so? The right to vote comes with you being a citizen. If you're a registered citizen, then you have a SS#. What certain groups are you referring to?

yes, and id is verified AT registration,, beyond that it requires people spend MONEY to ensure they CONTINUE being able to vote once registered,,,which disenfranchises those who are less likely to have id's that are updated and valid for every election,,,,,

seniors and minorities and the impoverished,,,

spoken like true liberal... if they had an ID to register, why would they need to spend any money to get something they already have? your democrats are really pulling the wool over your eyes...

ok.

it would require a VALID ID,,,,that means , the id must have the CURRENT address and not be EXPIRED,, which means that people would have to be RENEWING their ids on a regular basis, whenever they moved and everytime an expiration date came up before an election

which means people would be required to continue spending money to do something that is supposed to be a 'right'

Umm, Moe, I'm a liberal and have no problem with the Voter ID thing. I really don't see any problems with it, but as I've said before, I usually pull my driver's license out with my voter card, or just use my DL.

I can see some issue with why we would need a separate ID card, why not just have everyone use their DL? Why do we really need multiple ID's with pictures, except that it's an excuse to make money.

And Msharmony, since one is supposed to have their DL and information updated within a month of a move, I don't see why this is an issue. People sneaking around and playing for time really shouldn't be voting, to be honest! They're no better then the politicians, at that point!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 01:20 PM

Well, that's just it. One guy I went out with was shorter than me, and I was in boots, low heel. I'm 5'8, barefoot, so even with an inch, tops, in shoes... His profile claimed he was 6', and his driver's license have him at 6'. There's absolutely no way he was anywhere near that! And he was too young to have shrunk!

I hope you resisted the urge
to pat him on the head :-)

Yes, fortunately I did! LMAO!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 01:15 PM
Faefever by Karen Moning (Bk. 3)

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 09:09 AM

Had that happen, when I made the mistake of going out with someone who didn't have a profile pic at all. Won't do that again!

Usually it's just that their height isn't what they say it is. I still haven't figured out if that is an intentional lie or an honest mistake. Seems to run about 50/50.

I dunno ED.
I had my driver's license before I qualified
(heightwise) to hit the sign to gain entry to
the bumper cars at Disneyland.
I KNOW how tall I am.

Well, that's just it. One guy I went out with was shorter than me, and I was in boots, low heel. I'm 5'8, barefoot, so even with an inch, tops, in shoes... His profile claimed he was 6', and his driver's license have him at 6'. There's absolutely no way he was anywhere near that! And he was too young to have shrunk!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 04:40 AM
Bloodfever by Karen Moning

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 05/05/12 04:36 AM
I've got a guy friend who is doing this crap. It's really pissed me off. And now I'm forced to leave the cell on vibrate all the time after he rang through 4 times back to back when I was manhandling the goat to give him a shot. Nothing like 150lbs crunching your foot as the goat spooks. Least I didn't get stuck with the needle!

I don't know why people do that. I don't put up with it anymore, even with friends.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 05/04/12 07:26 PM
Had that happen, when I made the mistake of going out with someone who didn't have a profile pic at all. Won't do that again!

Usually it's just that their height isn't what they say it is. I still haven't figured out if that is an intentional lie or an honest mistake. Seems to run about 50/50.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 05/04/12 07:19 PM
Yes and yes. But only if he is a good kisser!

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25