Euphoric_Dissonance's photo
Thu 02/11/10 11:53 PM

So here is what happened. I made no move on it, he came back a couple days after and told me he was worried things would get awkward between us. I told him he'd already proven that it would make things difficult and told the girl that nothing was going to happen. She has since stopped talking to me and gone crawling back to my friend. He's humoring her for the moment, says he's going to call her on her BS. Now honestly if he ended up getting back together with her it would explain a lot more... but we've always been straight with each other and if he's lying now it would be the first time.

The reason why I did not respond when hung over is it seems like a lot of you missed the point of the post. I was wondering what was so horribly bad about ASKING a buddy whether you could go for sloppy seconds. Not actually doing it... just ASKING. She was just a lay to him, I definitely wasn't seeing long term potential for myself either. This is EXACTLY why I made no move until he reopened communications and I chose to put my friendship first.

I also, quite frankly, did not appreciate having my honor and loyalties questioned. I think that being able to ask your friend something you know they won't like, but still need to say, is a far better course of action than simply ignoring it and hoping it will go away. I have never been afraid to share my feelings with my friends. Whether they be positive or negative, they always serve to strengthen my relationships with them because they know exactly who I am, where I stand, and that I can be trusted. I would not, and did not, throw that away on a tramp.

@XenomorphEyez thanks for the best comment of the bunch. That was good for a laugh :D

Wed 02/10/10 09:36 AM

Morning from the hangover! I'd really like to respond to your comments but at the moment I'm very queasy and having difficulty sitting up straight. So for now, thanks for the feedback. I have plenty to say, as soon as I can carry a conversation past a few sentences I will write a full reply.

Wed 02/10/10 01:13 AM

Hey all! I haven't used mingle2 in quite some time now and am very drunk at the moment, but I promise I will check back and see what people have to say to this. I am in the midst of an ethical dilemma, as you have probably guessed from the title.

One of my best friends was dating a girl for about five weeks. For the first two and a half weeks, all I heard was complaints about her. Then she met me. She spent the first night unable to take her eyes off me. I didn't realize what was going on because quite frankly for a girl to show such strong interest in me right off the bat is extremely unusual. About two weeks ago we went to karaoke together (the three of us, of course) and she got very drunk. And proceeded to the point where she put her hand down my shirt and asked to see my dick. In front of my friend who was also her date.

They have since broken things off and I ASKED him if I could make a move since she's obviously been interested since day one. He has not spoken to me since I asked and I am wondering if I REALLY did something so egregious that it warrants a halt of communication. I value my friends and would not typically put a girl first who I am only interested in having sex with. But he made it VERY obvious he held no emotional attachment.

The reason why I have posted this on mingle is that every friend I've had has given me a different answer. One thinks I did nothing wrong and should go for it. One thinks I did EVERYTHING wrong and try to make amends. One thinks I should have screwed her and told him nothing, both of us moving past her like it hadn't happened. And I've gotten still other variations.

I'm curious to hear what you think. If nothing else, I should give the mingle community something entertaining to debate. I apologize to the moderators in case something unacceptable has made it through my inebriated haze. I would rather any cursing be altered or omitted than my post be revoked. I intend no offense. I am genuinely curious about this, it has created problems for the last several weeks and I'd really like to know what you think.

One addendum: I need to mention I made ZERO moves on her until after she and my friend had split, and I STILL waited for her to take the initiative. Walking out on somebody is not likely to be construed as a come on. My loyalties to my true friends are the rocks on which I stand and I would do nothing to harm them intentionally.

Please speak your mind and don't be afraid of hurt feelings. I need blunt honesty on this one if I'm going to figure out where I stand. I am not easily swayed and will not be convinced with anything less than an outstanding argument.

Peace :D

Wed 12/02/09 10:47 PM

I have fingernails

Wed 12/02/09 10:44 PM

For all we know Hell is eternity spent waiting in a dentist's office with the thermostat turned up too high.

Wed 12/02/09 10:36 PM

Favorite band of the moment is Orphaned Land. Sounds a bit like Amon Amarth with heavy middle eastern touches. Definitely worth your time if you've got an ear for world music and classic sounding metal.

[url\]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf7i6UB5vGw&feature=channel

Mon 11/30/09 10:12 PM

Very sad that mininova is gone. I never really used them but they were one of the oldest and most expansive. With demonoid down for weeks now and Pirate Bay having the occassional random downtime... definitely seems like the powers that be are cracking down. At least btjunkie still seems to be working right.

Mon 09/07/09 12:59 AM

In a Wal*Mart Supercenter. Just get there first and lock all the doors. No windows at all :D. Tell me you couldn't live happily for months in a place filled with food, books, electronics and I'm sure they have generators too.

Mon 09/07/09 12:57 AM
Google Chrome. Its a buggy piece of garbage but I've gotten used to it. It does have a couple nice features, but in general I'd recommend firefox.

Mon 09/07/09 12:27 AM

You know, I really think our society would be so much better off if we'd just be honest with each other instead of worrying about political correctness. If you really like the girl, and the weight really bothers you, then you should tell her. If you don't tell her, then one of two things will happen. A) You'll get used to it and it will go away. This isn't likely, but it can happen. What IS likely is B)it will continue to nag at you until it becomes a big problem. Completely aside from the fact that you're basically telling a lie of omission right from the get go. I'm not saying you shouldn't be polite about it. There's no reason to be a douchebag. But if you want to date her, then you should be honest with her.

he doesn't want to date her. so i don't see the point of insulting her. if he was in it for a relationship, maybe he could be concerned for her health or something, but he's not attracted to her because of her weight, therefore he needs to move on and look for a skinny chick.

Ah. Well now that I've been properly informed, yes, there's no reason for him to add insult to injury by telling her he doesn't want to see her anymore... and by the way you're fat. That's tasteless.

Mon 09/07/09 12:23 AM

You know, I really think our society would be so much better off if we'd just be honest with each other instead of worrying about political correctness. If you really like the girl, and the weight really bothers you, then you should tell her. If you don't tell her, then one of two things will happen. A) You'll get used to it and it will go away. This isn't likely, but it can happen. What IS likely is B)it will continue to nag at you until it becomes a big problem. Completely aside from the fact that you're basically telling a lie of omission right from the get go. I'm not saying you shouldn't be polite about it. There's no reason to be a douchebag. But if you want to date her, then you should be honest with her.

Tue 09/01/09 02:11 AM

Coming into this write you should be warned, I have very eclectic tastes. I am openly hostile to most mainstream music and nine times out of ten when I hear something new it sounds like a copy of an older and better band to my ear. Which is why when I hear something that really captures my attention I feel the need to share it. Guilt Machine is different, and you will notice right away.

The band is the brainchild of the brilliant Arjen Anthony Lucassen, founder of Ayreon. After years of solo work he decided he wanted to mix things up a bit and work with other musicians. Personally, I think this is the best decision he's ever made. While the music of Ayreon is absolutely brilliant, it is painfully cheesy and a little too cerebral for your average listener. Definitely not the case here.

Jasper Steverlinck (Arid) provides outstanding vocals on the record, showcasing an excellent vocal range and amazing control. Something you'll notice fairly quickly is his ability to use tremolo on higher notes without sounding operatically absurd. A transgression committed by many singers associated with rock/metal-ish music. His style perfectly compliments the varying moods of each song and truly I don't think anyone could have voiced this music better.

I noticed Chris Maitland's drumming style right away as a huge fan of his former band, Porcupine Tree. He has a musical personality very much his own and while it has not altered much from his earlier works, it does fit in quite nicely. Lori Linstruth (ex-Stream of Passion) was a new one for me, but his leads work surprisingly well with Arjen's unique style.

This album is rife with unexpected key changes, non-structural composing and has an overall sound that separates it from the rabble. Yet at no point does it ever feel overly indulgent or flamboyant. While this is an excellent album to simply sit and listen to, it could just as easily serve as background music while doing other things. Never intrusive, highly innovative and undeniably unique, Guilt Machine's "On This Perfect Day" is an album I would recommend to any lover of progressive rock music.

http://www.myspace.com/guiltmachine

Mon 08/24/09 10:19 PM

I used to have a gf that was addicted to Team Fortress 2. She had this really nasty spray of a woman that had been double fisted. She'd spray it on the walls and everybody would gather around to gawk and comment on how inappropriate it was. Then she'd drop a grenade in their midst, lol.

Mon 08/24/09 09:18 PM

Thanks for the link fear, but that's where I was getting my information to begin with. I think I actually figured it out though. I do have windows firewall, with an exception already made for torrent. We USED to have McAffee and I know there are still traces of it lingering on the system. It still blocks programs from going out every now and again and I think that's what's happening here. Thanks for the tips guys, hopefully I can get this matter resolved.

Mon 08/24/09 12:00 AM

Went back and double checked, set my router to a static IP address also with no change. Any thoughts?

Sun 08/23/09 11:34 PM

Ok, so I'm trying to get bittorrent to run unobstructed. I did all the instructions given at PFConfig for my router. As I've done this once before, everything went pretty smoothly. But I can't seem to open up the ports despite them showing as open in the router. I have a Linksys WRT54GS. I've already checked to make sure I'm running a static IP and used the free program from PFConfig to check the port (registers as closed). Any tips would be appreciated. Thankshappy

Tue 08/18/09 01:38 AM

MESHUGGAH
Necrophagist
Opeth
Beneath the Massacre
Sunn O)))
Isis
Gojira
After the Burial
SLAYER!
Bulb
Cryptopsy
The Faceless
Sleep Terror
Tesseract
MESHUGGAH
MESHUGGAH
MESHUGGAH!

As big of a Meshuggah fan as you are you gotta check out Xerath. Only thing I've found that even comes close. And yet, not a copy (which is good because I hate copycat bands).

http://www.myspace.com/xerath

Tue 08/18/09 12:11 AM

Armpits. Shaved or unshaved doesn't really matter. There is nothing attractive to me about a woman's armpits.

Tue 08/18/09 12:04 AM

Welcome from another weird guy that lives with his parents! I don't have a good reason for being here though... I'm tired of blaming the economy. Mingle has been good to me regardless though, here's hoping you find the same warm welcome.

Tue 08/18/09 12:00 AM

Going for a walk at like one in the morning when most everybody is asleep. Great conversation along the way, spending some time just listening to music together. Not music while driving or playing a game, just listening to music.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16