Community > Posts By > shanefromnola

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:29 PM

It is pretty easy to figure out if someone is willing to work to make a relationship happen. If a person is locked into their location and would not consider bringing in and outsider to their circle of friends/family then things will fizzle.

I married a soldier that bumped us around a lot of places but we did it together and our family always had friends and family with in a short time. Yea we joined a lot of groups and went the extra mile to get along in each new neighborhood but doing a long distance relationship for the possible rewards is way better than settling for someone you don't like and really don't want just because they are local.

And the world is a lot smaller than you think it is. Just about every major city has a Walmart and a church you would attend. Most have a butcher, baker, and a candlestick maker. lol. The bottom line is are you willing to bloom where you are planted or are you going to moan and cry like a calf crying in a rainstorm for his momma?

Scammers are pretty easy to weed out. They will not go tot he trouble to know much more about the culture somewhere beyond what Wickapedia says. Talk about the weather, ask them about their job, or where they went to school. Insist they post a current picture. Their story unravels pretty fast. ANYONE that expects you to foot the bill for the phone calls or the ticket tell to get lost. As far as military keep in mind governments do NOT like to rile the locals and foraging off the land went out with the Roman empire. They have food, clothing, medical, entertainment, and proper military addresses and if they don't want to give that to you then they have lifted a pretty picture and are playing you. International Red Cross will always help military people be in contact with their children and parents so don't buy their sob stories.

Wise woman, good advise.

"A butcher, a baker and a candlestick maker"

Gold

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:54 PM

I was dead set against ever being in a LDR after a disastrous one.
Well, I'm in one now.
It will be my last, because we both want it to last forever.
We're both giving 100%.
That's what it takes, if you really want it.

Amen Babe..... And like someone else has stated early on discuss which one is moving.... We know which one for us.. :heart: flowerforyou

It's nice to see such a success. Congrats to you two

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:51 PM

By being open to possibilities...
To know thyself enough to have the courage to take that leap.
To have an understand of who will be the one moving if the person you fall for is half a world way.
To be real from the beginning to the end.
To be sure to know how to read a B.S meter really really well..

The bs meter part is really important. Especially when you first start doing this. Scammers tend to troll the sites looking for new accounts to pounce on. After a bit you'll get quite good at spotting real profiles.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:47 PM
I'm from the greatest city on earth,
New Orleans

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:12 PM
Jindal is an idiot. He's done more to destroy the economy in LA than the previous 10 governors. Now he's strutting around acting like he has a solution for the country. Believe it if you like but I'm here to let you all know it's bullsh*t.

Jindal has destroyed the public health system, he's in the process of destroying higher education. The plan is to bankrupt certain departments, then when they can no longer function, bid them off, privatize them.

How exactly can a state which produces so much oil and gas, has the largest tonnage port on the planet and has the offshore oil terminal which almost all imported oil comes through be do broke, year after year, since jindal has been governor?

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:05 PM
I can tell you what the woman I spoke to, who is into that exact thing told me. According to her, it's quite hard to find the perfect man to place the trust in, to dominate you. She said she's about to give up and stay single. Apparently it takes a special type of man to be the dominate.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 05:00 PM
Well I can tell you all that I'm a strong confident man, I'm quite happy with myself as well. I want the exact same in a woman. I don't feel like dominating anyone. I also don't care to be dominated. I like a woman who is feminist, but not militant about it. I'm a feminist. Woman have human minds, why should a man like me be required to boss them around and make all the decisions? It should be a team effort. So put another way, if a woman believes that her role is simply to produce offspring, cook and clean, she's not for me. I need someone who thinks big, outside the box. But to each his own, I respect all of you

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 08:15 AM

What about a real woman? If you looking for a real man there better be enough real women to go around

I never said 'real man', I was talking about a specific kind of man.
The man that doesn't need tit for tat ...
Sorry if the subject hit a nerve
flowerforyou

I agree with this. In my book tit for tat is childish.

A strong man
Someone who will stand up for what he believes is right.
He would care about himself but will not be afraid to show just as much care for others.
Someone who will tell you what he thinks even if it may hurt but still be emotional enough and man enough to admit when he's wrong, and more importantly, apologize.

Confident, but also aware that he's far from gods gift.
I think it's also important to know that someone else's power does not lessen your own.

Another thing what I find a real man does is treat the waiting staff in a nice manner when in restaurants. May sound silly and I don't care, but nothing infuriates me more than when someone becomes an A$$ hole because they can.
That was just an obvious example by the way.

I guess I'm trying to say that If you're going to call yourself a man you better not act like a boy

Peace Yo

Exactly. One must care for themself. If you one doesn't truly love themself, you can't truly love another.

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 07:21 AM

if you say it will not happen, it wont
<shrug>
i am about there myself

keep your head up
it could happen the next corner you come around

Hiya Crystal,

I kinda agree with 'DatWasntMe',
You are always so positive in nearly all your threads.

Don't change that positivity, stick with it!

There was a thread here somewhere in mingle which kind of said that positive thinking can make it happen and help you find what you want!

I couldn't find that thread so I cannot add it here.
But I did find these, to explain it better than my English lol...

http://mingle2.com/topic/238662

http://affirmationsforpositivethinking.com/blog/

Good Luck Crystal
smile2 waving

Thank you :D
I will remain positive, just that sometimes ...

There's someone out there for everyone, trust me ;)

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:18 AM

^ I had a similar proposition from a man. He is sweet, complimentary, worships me, intelligent, affluent. So what's wrong this time? He wants me to dominate him, cuckold him, as he termed it, with other men, and here's where it gets really depressing. He is interested in tasting my golden showers. Should I still give him a chance or is he too far off the deep end? ill

Haha. At least this girl didn't want to peed on. And she did say that in public she doesn't bow down. We remain friends though at least

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:02 AM
She's says it's not an act, it's a lifestyle. I would have to set rules and keep track of all the times she broke them. And then invent new ways to humiliate her in bed.

Sounded interesting but not for me

no photo
Wed 05/27/15 06:00 AM
Haha. I thought you mean bdsm dominate. That reminds me, I had talked to a woman on here for a couple of weeks, she lives really close. I liked her, then like 2 weeks in she popped the news on me that she's into bdsm, I have to dominate her, and punish her when she breaks the rules. She's a cool chick, but I just don't crave control like that.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 09:58 PM

Open minded means they want a freak in the sheets and down to earth means boringbigsmile
..hmm... well in that case I am so open minded.. you can see my brains.. laugh laugh ..... and I am so far above Earth...... I'm just receiving the Dick Van Dyke Show now....laugh

Lol. Doesn't everyone want a freak in the sheets?

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 06:41 PM

When will I get to meet people here.

I've found that you need to message people. To get real people to respond, you have to make your messages somewhat intelligent as well, maybe get creative.
I've met a couple of really interesting women on this and another site, that I've taken out on dates. A couple have become good friends, the other we'll see what happens. There's real people here, try to stay as local as possible

I agree totally all the up to the distance thing. I am in a LDR and it is working because we kept it real... We knew who would be moving if the time came etc...

The first message is so important take a moment to actually read the profile find something in the interests that you can build a bridge on..

Hi just doesn't cut it..

The best dates I have ever had online is from forums users.. You kind of get to know them.

I happy to hear you found love long distance. Im not against that at all btw, there's just many women from my city on m2

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 06:27 PM

When will I get to meet people here.

I've found that you need to message people. To get real people to respond, you have to make your messages somewhat intelligent as well, maybe get creative.
I've met a couple of really interesting women on this and another site, that I've taken out on dates. A couple have become good friends, the other we'll see what happens. There's real people here, try to stay as local as possible

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:24 PM
My definition is someone who's main priority isn't conforming to others expectations, be it other people or society. I want someone who doesn't always bow down to expectations simply because everyone else does it. Basically someone who lives in the moment, who doesn't cling to the past and worry about the future. This is how life should be lived imo. Someone who values life over things.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:24 PM
My definition is someone who's main priority isn't conforming to others expectations, be it other people or society. I want someone who doesn't always bow down to expectations simply because everyone else does it. Basically someone who lives in the moment, who doesn't cling to the past and worry about the future. This is how life should be lived imo. Someone who values life over things.

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:19 PM

Yep. It shouldn't matter to others. You just have to know how to love yourself. flowers
drinker
well, sometimes it matters. coz some of men here, they like white women.

and some like redheads, some like Asian, Some like blondes, some like Indians, some like black women, hell some like other men.

stop complaining that your not everyones type(no one is) you're profile picture is very attractive but being honest this last comment makes me think twice.

I equate it to "I'm perfect for him, we like the same things, we laugh have fun, etc....but he doesn't like me because I'm not a woman!, therefore he MUST be prejudice against gays..boohoo"

people have a choice in who they want to be with and who they find attractive. stop whining about the ones that don't and start enjoying the ones that do.

Some may not find you attractive, doesn't mean they're prejudice, your just not their type.

Some will find you more attractive, does that mean they are prejudice against the women opposite of you if they don't find them attractive?

enjoy who you ade, and find the people that respect you for who you are, and ignore the rest

Well said:thumbsup:

Indeed

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 01:09 PM
Okay, well how many of you women would consider yourselves free spirits? I get tired of seeing open minded and down to earth

no photo
Tue 05/26/15 12:10 PM
There also seems to be a lack of empathy in the world, the ego has run amuck basically.