Community > Posts By > SM8

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 08:12 AM
Happy Birthday :)

no photo
Sat 09/05/15 07:06 AM

rant No Confrontation !

How do You expect us to lovingly remain focused on the subject ?

This is a discussion on how old the earth is. People can have different points of view and still be respected.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 08:28 PM
I honestly have not read the bible in a very long time. Sorry if this seems disrespectful but I tend to lean on science more then faith.

I am open minded to see were the two connect in order to perhaps answer the question on how old the earth is. I am also hopeful that such a discussing would not lead into further confrontation :)

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 08:05 PM
You can try the search option found between Mail and Match

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 04:53 PM
Reading

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 04:39 PM
Neat

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 04:36 PM

I read a whole profile. Often I read and think, ok that's a nice picture, we have things in common, we don't live too far apart. Then I will read something like, need a god fearing woman, or a very strong woman. I know that is not me, so I move on. I don't want to be something I am not.
I still dont get why this^^^^ and a few other woman that are on here are single, or even need a dating site. I would drive a 1000 miles just to have a coffee with them the right gal,,,,,,just saying

Then I'm out! sad sad
frustrated

I know what you mean by men saying they want to meet over coffee and some come from like another country away. The god fearing folk usually want you to marry them by the end of the week, then there are others who just want fun.. um profile says relationship. I am sorry but I have age ranges on my site however some men still get up set when I don't answer back yet they claimed reading my profile...... so frustrating.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 03:59 PM
I may travel to the Baffin Islands

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 03:56 PM
Niagara Falls

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 03:53 PM
http://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/ca

Here are some heritage spots found in Canada.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 03:14 PM

if u like to criticize every aspect of the persons life yes please stay away mind your own business constant criticizing is a form of mental abuse. what grandfather or grandmother doesn't love to play with their grand kids and give them back to parents to parent.

I think there are times when parents; and yes even grand parents do more than just step in a play with kids and then give them back. Many Grandparents provide childcare and co-parent or step up in and emergency which I find particularly admirable.

What I find obnoxious when I see it in someone I have dated , yes usually more than just and on line chat or casual date, is playing at grand-parenting and then when the kid is over tired, or needs whatever handing them back over like they are and accessory to be enjoyed and returned with no responsibility for spoiling or helping the parents.

It's been a few years back but when a single parent bragged his teen daughter was living in an unwed mother's shelter while he was playing the happy go lucky bachelor I pretty quickly lost interest.

My ex's Dad is a lot like that. He would exclude my oldest then give my youngest all kinds of attention until he gets tired of playing mind games then pretty much ignores his grandson leaving my youngest wondering why and my oldest feeling rejected. I guess some people never grow up.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 12:14 PM
Thanks

good conversing with you.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:55 AM
Edited by SM8 on Fri 09/04/15 11:58 AM

Causes of Gender Dysphoria

By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD

Gender dysphoria usually means a difficulty in identifying with the biological sex in an individual.
The causes of gender dysphoria are not fully clear.
Psychiatric and biological causes
It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition meaning a mental ailment. Now there is evidence that the disease may not have origins in the brain alone.
Studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.
More research is needed before the causes of gender dysphoria can be fully understood.
Genetic causes of biological sex
Research suggests that development that determines biological sex happens in the mother’s womb.
Anatomical sex is determined by chromosomes that contain the genes and DNA.
Each individual has two sex chromosomes. One of the chromosomes is from the father and the other from the mother.
A normal man has an X and a Y sex chromosome and a normal woman has two X chromosomes.
It is seen that during early pregnancy, all unborn babies are female because only the female sex chromosome (or the X chromosome) that is inherited from the mother being the active one.
After the eighth week of pregnancy, the chromosome from the father (an X for a female and a Y for the male), gains in activity.
If the father’s contribution is the X chromosome the baby continues to develop as female with a surge of female hormones.
This helps develop her female sex organs, reproductive organs and features. This makes her sex and gender female.
If the inherited chromosome from the father is a Y there is a surge of testosterone and other male hormones that lead to development of male characteristics, such as testes.
This makes the baby’s sex and gender male. (1)
Causes of gender differences
There are several different potential causes of gender differences, these include hormonal changes, exposure to estrogenic drugs and so forth. (1-4)
Hormonal causes
Hormones that trigger the development of sex and gender in the womb may not function adequately.
For example, anatomical sex from the genitals may be male, while the gender identity that comes from the brain could be female.
This may result from the excess female hormones from the mother’s system or by the foetus’s insensitivity to the hormones.
The latter condition is called androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS).
Exposure to progesterone or other estrogenic drugs
Although there is no research that shows that males or females exposed to progesterone in the womb or other estrogenic drugs, such as diethylstilbestrol (DES) may have a raised risk of gender dysphoria; there may be an association in some atypical aspects of gender role behavior.
Rare conditions that may lead to gender dysphoria
There may be rare conditions like congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), and intersex conditions (also known as hermaphroditism) which may also result in gender dysphoria.
In CAH a female foetus has adrenal glands (small caps of glands over the kidneys) that produce high level of male hormones. This enlarges the female genitals and the female baby may be confused with a male at birth.
Intersex conditions mean babies may be born with the genitalia of both sexes. In these cases the child is allowed to grow and choose his or her own before any surgery is carried out to confirm it.

This basically says a few things with certainty.
1. That we all started out as phenotypically female even if some of us are genotypically male. ( That is a known fact.)
2. Mutations in genes can cause hormonal disorders. (Mutations in genes are caused by several factors. Some are spontaneous)
3. Hormonal disorder may affect brain function and may cause gender dysphoria. (This is acceptable. Even women taking testosterone and men taking estrogen can experience this.)
4. Gender dysphoria is present in those with ambiguous genitalia. (This is acceptable. The fact that the genitalia is obviously not clear upon birth, is sometimes reason for early surgical or medical gender re/assignment, to avoid the future confusion of the child)
5. Actual individual gender identity is a function and interplay of several factors. (Some would even encourage those without gender dysphoria to have a gender identity crisis)

The question remains...what about bathrooms..?

Well as I mentioned before Ontario is initiating a sex ed curriculum that includes

DETAILS OF ONTARIO'S CONTROVERSIAL SEX-ED CURRICULUM

Lessons begin on gender identity and sexual orientation. That also includes lessons on respecting differences in cultural values, beliefs and family background.

Students will discuss negative stereotypes, including assumptions about gender roles, sexual orientation, gender expression, race and sexual health. Students will also learn how to make decisions that reflect respect for others and about building healthy relationships. Teacher prompts regarding masturbation are also included in the curriculum — for cases in which students ask about the subject.

regarding bathrooms I as a parent I probably would have went with a private bathroom.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:27 AM
Your profile reads well. My fave is the part were your chosen partner is resting in the kitchen while you do the cooking :) I read over that one twice to make sure lol.

With that great attitude I am positive you will have found someone in no time :)

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:24 AM
I think that you would prefer to be a bull as that is the male version of a cow :)

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 11:06 AM
Edited by SM8 on Fri 09/04/15 11:14 AM
Causes of Gender Dysphoria

in

By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD

Gender dysphoria usually means a difficulty in identifying with the biological sex in an individual.

The causes of gender dysphoria are not fully clear.

Psychiatric and biological causes

It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition meaning a mental ailment. Now there is evidence that the disease may not have origins in the brain alone.

Studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.

More research is needed before the causes of gender dysphoria can be fully understood.

Genetic causes of biological sex

Research suggests that development that determines biological sex happens in the mother’s womb.

Anatomical sex is determined by chromosomes that contain the genes and DNA.

Each individual has two sex chromosomes. One of the chromosomes is from the father and the other from the mother.

A normal man has an X and a Y sex chromosome and a normal woman has two X chromosomes.

It is seen that during early pregnancy, all unborn babies are female because only the female sex chromosome (or the X chromosome) that is inherited from the mother being the active one.

After the eighth week of pregnancy, the chromosome from the father (an X for a female and a Y for the male), gains in activity.

If the father’s contribution is the X chromosome the baby continues to develop as female with a surge of female hormones.

This helps develop her female sex organs, reproductive organs and features. This makes her sex and gender female.

If the inherited chromosome from the father is a Y there is a surge of testosterone and other male hormones that lead to development of male characteristics, such as testes.

This makes the baby’s sex and gender male. (1)

Causes of gender differences

There are several different potential causes of gender differences, these include hormonal changes, exposure to estrogenic drugs and so forth. (1-4)

Hormonal causes

Hormones that trigger the development of sex and gender in the womb may not function adequately.

For example, anatomical sex from the genitals may be male, while the gender identity that comes from the brain could be female.

This may result from the excess female hormones from the mother’s system or by the foetus’s insensitivity to the hormones.

The latter condition is called androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS).

Exposure to progesterone or other estrogenic drugs

Although there is no research that shows that males or females exposed to progesterone in the womb or other estrogenic drugs, such as diethylstilbestrol (DES) may have a raised risk of gender dysphoria; there may be an association in some atypical aspects of gender role behavior.

Rare conditions that may lead to gender dysphoria

There may be rare conditions like congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), and intersex conditions (also known as hermaphroditism) which may also result in gender dysphoria.

In CAH a female foetus has adrenal glands (small caps of glands over the kidneys) that produce high level of male hormones. This enlarges the female genitals and the female baby may be confused with a male at birth.

Intersex conditions mean babies may be born with the genitalia of both sexes. In these cases the child is allowed to grow and choose his or her own before any surgery is carried out to confirm it.

Other causes of gender dysphoria
•There may be chromosomal abnormalities that may lead to gender dysphoria.
•Sometimes defects in normal human bonding and child rearing may be contributing factor to gender identity disorders.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 10:31 AM
Here is also an article on the side effects of prescription drugs during pregnancy

Prescription drugs and pregnancy.

Webster WS1, Freeman JA.

Author information

Abstract

Prescribing drugs in pregnancy is an unusual risk-benefit situation. Drugs that may be of benefit or even life-saving to the mother can deform or kill the fetus. However, the risk to the fetus should not be exaggerated. There are only approximately 20 drugs or groups of drugs which are known to cause birth defects in humans. For one of these drugs to cause birth defects, a number of criteria must be fulfilled. The drug exposure must take place at a critical stage of pregnancy and the dose must be high enough to cause a threshold of exposure for an appropriate duration of time. For most of the known human teratogens, > 90% of pregnancies exposed during the first trimester result in normal offspring. Although only a few drugs are known to cause birth defects in humans, uncertainty about the safety of the majority may lead to underprescribing for pregnant women and women of childbearing age. Epidemiological studies of pregnancy outcome after specific drug exposures are often superficially reassuring, but most are severely limited in their power to detect adverse outcomes. Safety in animal studies may also be reassuring but species differences demand caution in this interpretation. Concerns about prescription drugs in the first trimester, when they can cause birth defects, are mostly quite different to concerns about use in the second and third trimesters. As the fetal organ systems mature, the fetus can be affected by the pharmacological activity of the drug in the same way as the mother. Many drugs have pharmacological effects on the fetus in the second and third trimesters but in most cases, they are well recognised and can be managed or avoided. The material presented in this paper is mostly concerned with the 'risks' associated with drugs in pregnancy. No attempt has been made to quantitate the possible benefits to the mother or fetus. Communicating the risk-benefit situation to the patient is always a challenge for physicians with limited time and sometimes limited knowledge. Fear of litigation is an unfortunate and an unwanted parameter in the assessment. Better knowledge of the parameters that determine teratogenicity may allow physicians to feel more confident in assessing the risks and benefits associated with prescribing in pregnancy.

PMID: 12783591 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 10:28 AM
This is a copy from an article in the Toronto Sun about the upcoming sex ed in Ontario Schools. As it includes gender rules and homophobia I would think that it will also about teach transgender.

DETAILS OF ONTARIO'S CONTROVERSIAL SEX-ED CURRICULUM

Children will learn to identify body parts using the correct terminology for genitalia (penis, testicles, vagina, vulva).

Students will receive instruction on the basic stages of human development. This includes the bodily changes associated with the various stages: infant, child, adolescent, adult and older adult. There are also lessons on personal safety, including identifying inappropriate touching, saying no and reporting the behaviour to a parent or other adult.

Lessons begin on gender identity and sexual orientation. That also includes lessons on respecting differences in cultural values, beliefs and family background.

Teachers will provide descriptions of physical changes that occur at puberty and address cyber and face-to-face bullying, including homophobia.

Identifying parts of the reproductive system will be covered in lessons. That includes also menstruation, spermatogenesis.

Students will discuss negative stereotypes, including assumptions about gender roles, sexual orientation, gender expression, race and sexual health. Students will also learn how to make decisions that reflect respect for others and about building healthy relationships. Teacher prompts regarding masturbation are also included in the curriculum — for cases in which students ask about the subject.

Teachers are to introduce the concept of consent and developing and understanding of the importance of delaying sexual activity until older. Identifying sexually-transmitted diseases and risks around teen pregnancy will also be incorporated in lessons. Students are also taught about the dangers of online activities like sexting, sharing photos and harassment.

Students will learn about contraception, sexual intimacy and decisions about sexual activity. There will also be lessons about what students need to consider before making decisions about sex: abstinence, delaying sexual intercourse, respecting boundaries and safe sex. Lessons on the traits of a healthy relationship are also to be taught.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 09:54 AM

I raised calves as a teen...and grew up with horses and goats...
I've also had pet snakes in the past...my last snake was so smart he'd climb out of his cage and hide on my stacked folded laundry! Eventually the cat got him. :(
I def find exotic pets neat. :)

Sorry to hear about your snake :( Brave cat though :)

I grew up on farms and was raised with sheep, turkeys , pigs , goats , chickens , ducks, rabbits, cows , horses and a pony.

Also when I was a child my parents (while still together) owned a pet store my sister and I spent time caring for the animals there.

no photo
Fri 09/04/15 09:30 AM
Refugees who are trying to use religion to stay into a country that is safer for them and or their families is in a way understandable. I mean really if you and or your family wee caught in a war situation wouldn't you think of ways to leave that country?

I understand that terrorist is all ways a worry and that is understandable. Perhaps there could be a system in place were refugees could be monitored while residing in their hosts country?