Community > Posts By > SM8

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:53 AM

Good day my friends of mingle2, well, I'm going on a funny direction this one around. I can sense that the last topic about music & elite forces wasn't a hit but I'm going post what I know best for now on . I know animals & people dating topics. This time around I want to create a fun, heart felted, quite cute direction on this one. Okay as a kid we all had at least one pet in your home. Some have cats, some have dogs which I did a German Sheppard Name ISIS, some had birds, others had ferrets, snakes, even lizards. Let me tell you a short story, I have a buddy that lives in Miami Florida, I been knowing this guy for years , I even was his best man at his wedding. He's very wealthy and he invited me to his suburban mansion in Miami. so I was already excited to be in Florida where the hottest ladies sun bath on the beach,coolest waters at shore, and plenty of sunlight to make you feel like you doing a sequel for Scarface 2...lol. Ironically it was a mansion pool party, there was some A-List stars which I won't mention, sorry no need to advertise who there was but they was there. My buddy asks me do you want to see my latest pet.? so I'm thinking a place like this he probably got a talking bird or snake. He takes me to the rear of the mansion and it was a lake that runs into the everglades. So as I'm watching the lake and albino alligator swimming along the lake. I said there's a alligator in that lake? is that normal? He tells me its his. he owns a adult male alligator name "chops". Wow, that phenomenal I like that. so my friends of M2 , lets have some fun with this, think back to when you first brought a pet, was it exotic? was it jaw dropping? or was it a regular pet? I never had a exotic pet but I want one . I'm thinking about a boa constrictor snake. What's your exotic pet choice? Do you want one ? or Do you already have them? so spill the hot tea with this one!
later!

I have a box turtle and a bunny.

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:50 AM

I Love women who are a bit Childish.

Debts are not attractive but can be managed.

Job changers, it would depend on the reason for changing jobs so often. If you're not happy with where you work and find another job elsewhere that looks like it might be better for you, then go for it, and it doesn't matter to me how often this happens. It's not easy to find career jobs, particularly round here in UK, I confess I don't know what the Job Market is like in the states.

Parenting, I would expect a little more seriousness in this area. But playful parents does not mean bad parents. So I'd look at the bigger picture. Mainly, are the children happy, and how well behaved are they?

Even though I want a serious relationship. I do not want one with a Woman who is too serious herself. I can sometimes be too serious, so I kinda need someone like that to bring me out.

I don't dislike fun, I just find it hard to create my own sometimes.

Looking for a better job is understandable as long as the person looking is still employed in the first job. True there are several reasons why people are between jobs.

I spend time playing with my boys and their friends all of the time but I also know that paying the bills and so on is a necessity.

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:41 AM

Hm...you just described my next door neighbor. He is funny but I can imagine he drives his wife completely nuts. He is on his forth job in four years. Just bought an expensive care they can't afford. He is barely more mature than his teenage children. Is this who you would want to date?

Nope it isn't

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:38 AM

Good answer. It doesn't feel that old.

I agree :)

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:35 AM

Scientist's calculate the earth to be about 4.5 billion years old. A quick read of the Bible around 6,000 years maybe 12,000 if you take a day as a thousand years. However Lucifer and all the angels shouted with joy when the earth was created Job 38:7
By the time Adam and Eve were created Lucifer was bitter and now Satan. How much time would it take for an angel to change?
Are we missing something in the translation?

I am seeing the bottom part of this article it does mention that earth is 4.54 billion years old. However it also mentions that the milky way including the solar system is about 13.2 billion years old and the universe maybe 13.8 billion years old...so the bible at 12,000 billion years old is closer to the age of the milky way galaxy .

By using not only the rocks on Earth but also information gathered about the system that surrounds it, scientists have been able to place the age of the Earth at approximately 4.54 billion years. For comparison, the Milky Way galaxy that contains the solar system is approximately 13.2 billion years old, while the universe itself has been dated to 13.8 billion years.

Edited by SM8 on Wed 09/02/15 08:17 AM

no photo
Wed 09/02/15 08:16 AM
Edited by SM8 on Wed 09/02/15 08:17 AM

How Old is Earth?

by Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor | February 27, 2014 11:57pm ET

Since the planet Earth doesn't have a birth certificate to record its formation, scientists have spent hundreds of years struggling to determine the age of the planet. By dating the rocks in the ever-changing crust, as well as neighbors such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years.

How old are your rocks?

Several attempts to scientifically date the planet have occurred over the past 400 years. Scientists attempted to predict the age based on changing sea levels, the time it took for Earth or the sun to cool to present temperatures, and the salinity of the ocean. As science progressed, these methods were proven to be unreliable; for instance, the rise and fall of the ocean was shown to be an ever-changing process rather than a gradually declining one.

In an effort to calculate the age of the planet, scientists turned to the rocks that cover its surface. However, because plate tectonics constantly changes and revamps the crust, the first rocks have long since been recycled, melted down and reformed into new outcrops.

In the early 20th century, scientists refined the process of radiometric dating. Earlier research had shown that isotopes of some radioactive elements decay into other elements at rates that can be easily predicted. By examining the existing elements, scientists can calculate the initial quantity, and thus how long it took for the elements to decay, allowing them to determine the age of the rock.

Acasta Gneisses rocks, oldest known rocks

A fist-size sample of the Acasta Gneisses, rocks in northwest Canada that are the oldest known rocks on Earth.
Credit: Mike Beauregard/Creative Commons.
View full size image

The oldest rocks on Earth found to date are the Acasta Gneisses in northwestern Canada near the Great Slave Lake, which are 4.03 billion years old. Rocks older than 3.5 billion years can be found on all continents. Greenland boasts the Isua Supracrustal rocks (3.7 to 3.8 billion years old), while rocks in Swaziland are 3.4 to 3.5 billion years. Samples in Western Australia run 3.4 to 3.6 billion years old.

Research groups in Australia found the oldest mineral grains on Earth. These tiny zirconium silicate crystals have ages that reach 4.3 billion years, making them the oldest materials found on Earth so far. Their source rocks have not yet been found.

The rocks and zircons set a lower limit on the age of Earth of 4.3 billion years, because the planet itself must be older than anything that lies on its surface.

Meet the neighbors

In an effort to further refine the age of Earth, scientists began to look outward. The material that formed the solar system was a cloud of dust and gas that surrounded the young sun. Gravitational interactions coalesced this material into the planets and moons at roughly the same time. By studying other bodies in the solar system, scientists are able to find out more about the early history of the planet.

The nearest body to Earth, the moon, does not suffer from the resurfacing problems that cover Earth's landscape. As such, rocks from early lunar history should be present on the moon. Samples returned from the Apollo and Luna missions revealed ages between 4.4 and 4.5 billion years, helping to constrain the age of Earth.

Oldest known zircon

A 4.4 billion year old zircon crystal from Australia is the oldest piece of Earth yet found. The source rocks for the small shards have not yet been identified.
Credit: John Valley, University of Wisconsin.
View full size image

In addition to the large bodies of the solar system, scientists have also studied smaller rocky visitors to that fell to Earth. Meteorites spring from a variety of sources. Some are cast off from other planets after violent collisions, while others are leftover chunks from the early solar system that never grew large enough to form a cohesive body.

Although no rocks have been deliberately returned from Mars, samples exist in the form of meteorites that fell to Earth long ago, allowing scientists to make approximations about the age of rocks on the red planet. Some of these samples have been dated to 4.5 billion years old, supporting other calculations of the date of early planetary formation.

More than 70 meteorites have fallen to Earth to have their ages calculated by radiometric dating. The oldest of these have ages between 4.4 and 4.5 billion years.

Fifty thousand years ago, a rock hurled down from space to form Meteor Crater in Arizona. Shards of that asteroid have been collected from the crater rim and named for the nearby Canyon Diablo. In 1953, Clair Cameron Patterson measured ratios of lead isotopes in samples that put tight constraints on Earth's age.

The Canyon Diablo meteorite is important because it represents a class of meteorites with components that allow for more precise dating. Samples of the meteorite show a spread from 4.53 to 4.58 billion years. Scientists interpret this range as the time it took for the solar system to evolve, a gradual event that took place over approximately 50 million years.

By using not only the rocks on Earth but also information gathered about the system that surrounds it, scientists have been able to place the age of the Earth at approximately 4.54 billion years. For comparison, the Milky Way galaxy that contains the solar system is approximately 13.2 billion years old, while the universe itself has been dated to 13.8 billion years.

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 09:05 PM

Since I have learned when you give people money it generally embarrasses them and they resent it I don't think I would do the whole bonanza for friends and family again.

What I think I would try to figure out a way that people could earn equity in attaining something they need and want.

Some kind of education program where students who do actually try to better themselves could earn credits for good grades. Have co-op child care. Dorm housing that is education not party focused.

Accessible Affordable housing is a big barrier for many people, a exploding crisis for many ageing people, I think I would probably buy a lot of property and try to set it up where people could have some private space but communal space/transportation for the things they need.

I would spend some money to get better advertising for Mingle and tweak the program so that there were less scammers and more profiles that would actually help people meet the people they seek. Sponsor some upscale annual meet and greets.

agreed

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 08:59 PM

If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do?
I would pay off all my family and friends bills. Then I'd get out of the city and buy some land build a nice cabin, have a fully stocked fishing pond. And just enjoy the peace and quiet

Hmm I would invest a portion of it for the kids and myself. Buy a house a car give to charities ,hospitals, mental health programs and schools . Programs to help the homeless and small business in the community.

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 08:57 AM
Although some pick up lines are funny I really don't respond well to them :)

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 08:54 AM
A sunny day, flowers, a successful out come from hard work, talking with friends, my kids playing outside with their friends and so on.

no photo
Tue 09/01/15 07:47 AM
I would probably not respond back unless they tried to contact me again then I would politely decline.

so I don't give the impression of false hopes. Unless the person is ok with just chatting knowing that it wont lead to anything else.

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:05 PM

An "Astronauts Guide To Life on Earth", If Walls Could Talk and Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. I also have yet to read "The Astronauts Canada's Voyageurs" in Space. I visit the library often :)

I really enjoyed Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, and the sequel Hollow City was really good too.

Thanks I will definitely follow your advice in reading "Hollow City". Since Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children is a good read I agree :)

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 07:36 PM
Chicken .fries .broccoli and grapes

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 07:34 PM

Ok I am trying this site again and still no serious women. Am I doing something wrong here?

I agree that you could try the search option for your area and try chatting in the forums so more people will get to know you. Good things come to those who wait :)

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 02:23 PM
For that option you will need to pay. It is quicker finding people through the search option and or join the forums.

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 02:21 PM
I have an awesome sense of humor and I am inquisitive.

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 02:18 PM
Lawyer, social worker or working with kids that need extra support in schools.

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:48 AM
Have a good day :)

no photo
Mon 08/31/15 08:31 AM
Walking along a
sunlit wooded path

Shadows dancing
between the branches.

A deer comes out
from hiding to graze.

Chipmunks racing