Community > Posts By > tribefan73

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 09:36 PM
The Rarest of All Enties. How's it going mayn? waving

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 09:35 PM

still trying to set up a wireless network at home...

*sigh*

What kind of router are you using. I've had experience setting up my own networks, both wired & wireless. Not all routers are the same. In this man's humble opinion, linksys & dlink are the best. I've never had a problem with their products. Not true of netgear & belkin. If you need additional pointers, write me.

peace-out

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 09:02 PM

Have you ever noticed how meeting someone who is interested in you & continues to want to know more about you, the effect it has upon your day to day outlook?

You find that you're smiling more to yourself. You wake up in the morning with an air of expectancy. You look forward to that next communique hoping to learn something today, that you didn't know yesterday. You find yourself opening up like a book, hoping that they will appreciate your openness & honesty. You step out there on that limb, hoping that it doesn't break, and hoping that you don't provide the saw that will severe it from the tree. Hoping forgiveness can be found when you've said something stupid. Hoping that the other person finds you as interesting as you do them. Finding yourself wanting to rush in, pell-mell, headlong, when patience needs to be the key to discovery and a true lasting relationship. Giving the other person the space & time they need to feel that they can trust you.

And maybe, just maybe, they will begin feel like they can't live without you. That you are the ONE. The ONE they've been searching for all these years. The ONE they will cherish and love. The ONE who will love them unconditionally. The ONE who will love them through thick and thin, hell and high water. The ONE who will always be there for them. The ONE who will hold them and tell them everything will be alright, when all has gone wrong.

May you find your ONE. :heart:

You sound like you've gotten bitten by the love bug for her!!!! You should tell her...

too early....blushing

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 08:47 PM
Have you ever noticed how meeting someone who is interested in you & continues to want to know more about you, the effect it has upon your day to day outlook?

You find that you're smiling more to yourself. You wake up in the morning with an air of expectancy. You look forward to that next communique hoping to learn something today, that you didn't know yesterday. You find yourself opening up like a book, hoping that they will appreciate your openness & honesty. You step out there on that limb, hoping that it doesn't break, and hoping that you don't provide the saw that will severe it from the tree. Hoping forgiveness can be found when you've said something stupid. Hoping that the other person finds you as interesting as you do them. Finding yourself wanting to rush in, pell-mell, headlong, when patience needs to be the key to discovery and a true lasting relationship. Giving the other person the space & time they need to feel that they can trust you.

And maybe, just maybe, they will begin feel like they can't live without you. That you are the ONE. The ONE they've been searching for all these years. The ONE they will cherish and love. The ONE who will love them unconditionally. The ONE who will love them through thick and thin, hell and high water. The ONE who will always be there for them. The ONE who will hold them and tell them everything will be alright, when all has gone wrong.

May you find your ONE. :heart:

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 08:14 PM

ha weird, but all i thought at first was "hell yeah rock them chucks!"

I'm impressed that you know chuck taylor shoes when you see them. :thumbsup:

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:46 PM

P.S. If anyone else needs a matchmaker.... ;o) LMAO laugh laugh happy

I highly recommend D&W. Her advice is top-notch.

:wink: laugh rofl laugh :wink:

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:35 PM

Typical Males..... For any of you guys out there reading this, please DON'T be what a woman knows as a "typical male"!!! Be a unique one that she never wants to let go or get rid of! flowerforyou happy

D&W, how are doing lady? flowerforyou

Hear, hear for your comment. In order for one to attract attention, one must standout from the crowd. I am currently trying very hard to do just that, with someone from this site right now. D&W, you speak wisdom that others should read & heed.

Hey Tribefan! Thank you for seconding my comment! Congratulations on the wonderful lady! happy I hope things are going well for you!

D&W meet Tribefan.... Tribefan meet D&Wlove :heart: flowerforyou Am I right, Tribefan????

Sorry! Right state, wrong person.

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:33 PM

Forget about the mutual match. Come play in the forums and make friends and you will have way more fun.

You might even meet Mr. Right while you having a lot of fun.

Agreed, indeed. :thumbsup: That's how I started chatting with this someone.

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:32 PM

Typical Males..... For any of you guys out there reading this, please DON'T be what a woman knows as a "typical male"!!! Be a unique one that she never wants to let go or get rid of! flowerforyou happy

Hear, hear for your comment. In order for one to attract attention, one must standout from the crowd. I am currently trying very hard to do just that, with someone from this site right now. D&W, you speak wisdom that others should read & heed.

Hey Tribefan! Thank you for seconding my comment! Congratulations on the wonderful lady! happy I hope things are going well for you!

Yes they are. So far do good. Someone you might know. :wink: love

Really? Hmmmmmmmmm. Drop me a line sometime and keep me posted! :thumbsup: waving

Will do. Thanks for the encouragement. flowers waving

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:29 PM

Yes they are. So far do good. Someone you might know. :wink: love

tribefan73's photo
Sat 06/13/09 07:23 PM

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 09:15 PM

:heart: Is romance a necessity for you?:heart:

absolutely. if i didnt want romance, id just get a hooker.

Agreed. Without the romance, why bother? Lot's of men are accused of not being romantic, but that sword cuts both ways.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 09:09 PM

I appreciate the insight. And BTW, I do have a real photo. All they have to do is checkout my profile & seeing what the person really looks like is important for most. I use the alter-ego pics for kicks.

I seen that after I viewed your profile, the "Damnit Bones..." line still stands as funny in my opinion.

Good Luck Dr. McCoy

Agreed, it is. LOL laugh I welcome all 7 any Star Trek or Star Wars jokes. What can I say? I'm a geek.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 08:37 PM

I guess now would be a bad time to Rub in the fact that my career allows me to go pretty much anywhere in the Lower 48 to go out on a Date?

Seriously though, back in late 95 two very good UO friends of mine whom started a relationship that stayed online for about twelve months.

He had gone to visit with her on his vacation. Tommy lived in Miami and Sue lived in BF Colby, Kansas... So there they are fourteen years later and two kids.

I guess the moral of the story is that you have to, at the very least, see what happens before you throw your hat in...

oh and get away from HO Hum profile if you are serious about meeting online... and use a picture of yourself. "D*mnit Bones your on a Dating Site not Fakebook."

I appreciate the insight. And BTW, I do have a real photo. All they have to do is checkout my profile & seeing what the person really looks like is important for most. I use the alter-ego pics for kicks.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 08:22 PM
Edited by tribefan73 on Mon 06/08/09 09:10 PM
As with most long-term relationships (over 29yrs) the reasons are numerous. Probably the biggies would be:

We stopped doing the little things as a reminder of how much we cared.

Allowing the after-affects of fights to linger & interfere with the relationship & the physical stuff.

She/we needed consoling. She came from a very abusive background verbal, physical & sexual. She says her father never touched her, but she exhibits all of the classic signs. She knows for a fact that he did assault her sisters.

Money was a HUGE issue. Spending it like we had a money tree to help assuage the above.

She never respected me, which out of all the problems we had, hurts the most.

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 08:02 PM

if there was someone in your own back yard you would have already met em and wouldnt have to go online

Touche'
flowerforyou

But, is it really that simple? I mean the ones here are ho-hum about my profile & my approach or vice-versa. What gives?

ho hum

(just kidding)

Thanks, dude!!

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 07:59 PM

if there was someone in your own back yard you would have already met em and wouldnt have to go online

Touche'
flowerforyou

But, is it really that simple? I mean the ones here are ho-hum about my profile & my approach or vice-versa. What gives?

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 07:54 PM
Why is it, that the most interesting potentials for dating are the people hundreds of miles away? I thought the whole premise was to find someone in your own backyard so to speak. Anyone care to comment?

tribefan73's photo
Mon 06/08/09 07:49 PM

she sead i treted her like a whore , so i went to one and found out i was not being so bad and she was a cold ***** lol ! she thought sex was like a hammer, she used it when she wanted ! lol

Don't you just love being manipulated?!

tribefan73's photo
Sat 05/30/09 08:40 PM
54yrs here. I'm not locked into 1 particular decade as many are wont to do. I appreciate all genres & ages of music & such. (like right now I'm listening to the '80's channel on cable. Cameo, Word-up. Awesome song.)

I like being around people with young attitudes. I decided a long time ago, that I never really wanted to grow-up. That's no fun. I'm with Sage about the nutritional supplements. It makes all the difference. Also, find new ways to challenge yourself. Stop trying to make your life easier. Don't buy Velcro shoes, keep those tie shoes. Learn a new language. Learn how to use chop sticks. Try an Indian, Vietnamese, Greek or Middle Eastern restaurant. Stay active even if hurts. Even arthritis responds to activity. Entropy is fine in science but not with humans. Volunteer. Nothing takes your mind of you then focusing it on someone else.

Visit & post in some of the other forums, for God's sake. I usually don't hang around this one because too many of ya'll are acting way older than you are. Your acting like you already have 1 foot in the grave. Who wants to hear about someone's latest aches & pains, brother! There's your challenge folks. Love me or hate me, I calls 'em as I see 'em.

Finally, this is for Rose. Apropos name if ever heard/saw 1. Just when I was going to start asking where are all of the attractive black women on this site, BAM, there she is. Makes my day. Rose, you need to invite your friends to join.

:wink: flowerforyou love