Community > Posts By > EquatorialDaSh

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 01/05/16 09:46 PM
A great 2016 to everyone on Mingle2 :smile: !

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 01/05/16 09:45 PM
A great 2016 to everyone on Mingle2 :smile: !

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Mon 12/07/15 10:44 AM
It sounds like it had not been meant to be intentionally insulting. Maybe he was trying to impress you :smile: . Perhaps you could explain to him that the comment was not appropriate, and watch for his reaction. That would give you a better idea of where things stand. :smile: Have fun and all the best.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Sun 12/06/15 10:05 PM
Yvonne

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Sun 11/29/15 08:17 AM
Spiritual...

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Sat 11/28/15 03:06 AM
Thank you :smile: .

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Sat 11/28/15 01:40 AM
I agree with a lot of what you've said, though I must add that an environment to facilitate greater action must also be created. Most especially abroad. As a reply to another post, I can always find out. There might be more work involved, but it can be done. Especially as I have the knowledge of the poisoning.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Sat 11/28/15 12:22 AM
Just to use something, someone pointed out an image which made sense on the surface, using M&Ms as a comparison. The problem is that the radicalization of some muslim people is a complex issue dealing with a lot of factors, and it is being simplified to a West vs Muslim terrorists dichotomy. We should not let that happen, because then it is easy for ideas leaning in a specific direction to be 'fed' to us, and for the manipulation of people towards a specific outcome. Going back to the M&Ms, if 10% is poisened, 90% is still edible. See that it is not poisoned by the 10% and you are bound to benefit. Caution is usually good, though paranoia to the point of exclusion rarely is.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 11/10/15 11:45 AM
Bittersweet.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 11/10/15 11:40 AM
I agree with 1Marie63, a haunting yet beautiful piece. All of it really, the ending sentence having a striking quality.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 11/10/15 11:32 AM
Thank you, for your comments :smile:

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Mon 11/09/15 02:38 PM
Beneath the starless mirror,
a seething grey, as though of a ferocious nature.
Faint clouds gather hither
yet the mocking tranquil persists,
as of a patient death God.

Beneath the evergrey mirror,
a seething storm, thinly veiled,
hiding yet the truth within.
A truth,
Beautiful and Dangerous,
thus hidden by the thrice beasts of the psyche.

A split between Earth and Sky,
yet a bridge between, the children of Air.

Perhaps the time is getting to me...:smile:

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Mon 11/09/15 02:11 PM
Your writing is good. In addition, this poem is quite thought-provoking, to me at least.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Mon 11/09/15 02:05 PM
Thoughtful poem. Welcome, and may you find what you seek here.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Fri 11/06/15 01:16 PM
Edited by EquatorialDaSh on Fri 11/06/15 01:18 PM

Build a Space Club laugh

In all seriousness though, probably a research centre.

and you wil rent it?

Probably use it I mean.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Fri 11/06/15 12:27 PM
Build a Space Club laugh

In all seriousness though, probably a research centre.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Fri 11/06/15 12:20 PM

Why leave out the closing statement from the original author? Now the essence of the story (the title) is completely lost.

This is the essence:
I was more than happy to give her what she needed - praise for work well done, respect as a person, and encouragement to excel in anything she tackled.

Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy in that we can hold ourselves back from accomplishing what we should, and being guilty of undermining our own worth to the company or organization we work for. But, we can also adversely affect those around us whether we choose to act like arrogant and uncaring people, or think we know everything, or by setting unrealistic expectations, or by refusing to encourage others as if a positive remark would belittle our own status. It may be a wise notion that we all look in the mirror, from time to time, to see what we are really like.

I think it's a great story, and unfortunately all too true ... this kind of stuff happens so often, and not just on the work floor.
If people got validation a bit more often, the world would be a much happier place!
Esp in work situations, employers demand you give it your all, fully motivated and enthused, but they give nothing in return to make you feel that way, except for an often meager paycheck. And if you don't display the required enthusiasm, you get sacked.
A few genuine compliments and validation could make a world of difference.

This piece is, to me, something worth thinking about and in many ways, I have to agree with you.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Fri 11/06/15 12:08 PM

Come on moe. . You know that is impossible....... well okay maybe not for you you don't look like you have aged a day since you first came on here...lol..wink... how about to die happy ..!

Well .. .actually ... there apparently is no scientific proof or reason whatsoever to be found for us to age. At all.
So .. technically speaking ... we should be able to get much much much older. I'm not saying immortal, cos maybe some things will wear out anyways laugh

And once upon a time ... physical 'vessels' allegedly did indeed get a lot older. We hear these things of 400 - 500 yr old ppl in LOTR, but maybe, possibly, perhaps per chance, it's not fairy-tale stuff at all.

Maybe that's what Monsanto is trying to recreate with their GM BS laugh

But let's say you could get 500 yrs old ... think about what a drag that would be. For some that is.

- Whinging and whining about not getting laid for 5 centuries instead of 6 decades ...

- Being lonely for 5 centuries. Some people can barely make it through 5 years on their own...

Would anyone really want to live forever? Sure it would be pretty amazing the first few centuries or so, but afterwards, what then? On the other hand the risk of war would decrease somewhat as death would no longer be such a motivating factor to do things.

But to the topic: To eat, sleep, have fun and boink every now and then :wink: .

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Wed 11/04/15 11:50 AM
Chilli chicken and spiced rice.

EquatorialDaSh's photo
Tue 11/03/15 01:15 AM
Hello everyone,
I come here from the bustling city of Johannesburg, SA, and I look forward to getting to know people and/or make new friends. After all, it was the forums that lured me :smile: