Community > Posts By > TBone5280

no photo
Sat 11/07/15 09:52 PM

Such a double standard . There are plenty of pics of girls posing with their cleavage on display .. Do men think less of them for that pitchfork

Actually yes, in many (not all) cases I do. I've seen _some_ profile pics on here that show a woman's chest, but have her head cropped out, & I'm thinking "Great - you have boobs. That *doesn't* exactly make you unique, ya know?" OR, which leaves me asking myself WTH?? What are you hoping to attract??

Or I wonder if maybe she's just sloppy, & I ask if she performs her job in the same manner that she posts her picture...

I guess if you would have asked me the same question when I was in my early-20s, I might have answered a bit differently... winking

Valeris - AAIIIIIGGGHHHH!!! There was no call for that!! noway noway noway sad

flowerforyou I am not shirt lessflowerforyou

Yeah, but we keep hoping... tongue2 laugh

no photo
Sat 11/07/15 05:45 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Sat 11/07/15 05:47 PM
Uhhh... OK, I'm pretty sure that this qualifies as my "WTH??" spock moment for the day.

To the OP: As Dodo_David has said, this isn't a modeling site, it's advertised as a dating site (and not the financial-transaction kind of "dating"). Posting scantily-clad pics of yourself will only attract the unwanted kind of attention. But good luck though.

EDIT: (Unless you're a scammer, & you attract other scammers to interact with you - in which case, I hope that the momentum continually increases until it reaches some kind of BS-fueled singularity which sucks all involved into an inescapable vortex. THAT would be freakin' COOL!) :laughing: shades

no photo
Sat 11/07/15 04:58 PM
WOW. My first response is to say that if I was married, I'd be saying "Adios darlin', don't let the door hit ya on the way out!". A promise is a promise, after all.

BUT, as I've gotten older, & seen some of the things that life throws at people, I guess I've gotten (fractionally) better at "seeing grays". I know one couple that love each other deeply, but the sex just isn't there any more (and yes, *that* was a mess that I didn't want to get pulled into... slaphead ). What do you do in that case? Do you walk away from someone you love, or abandon your sex life?

I probably still wouldn't tolerate it in my own relationship, but I've started to realize that there's usually a LOT of things I don't know about peoples' situations. (And yes, I know that's probably an unsatisfactory answer...) spock

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 10:35 PM

Anyone know?
They address some pretty scary stuff in the series. I.e. if you don't switch off your location, take a selfie and upload it, a lot can be tracked. Like the exact location (longitude/latitude), time, device used and even its settings? noway
So if you often do that, freaks can get a very good idea of your habits, where you hang out, what times and so on.

Free WiFi; anyone can create a WiFi spot, name it the exact name of that free WiFi, and if you log on, they can hack your phone.

And so on...

Is that true? And if so, is that more advanced stuff or can any Tom Dick and Harry do such things?

How realistic are those CSI Cyber scripts?

I've been working in I.T. since 1995, and I've always had an interest in the security portion of the work, so I've kept up on it over the years. Because of that, I *immediately* refused to watch any episodes of CSI Cyber, because (like mightymoe) I thought "That's all Hollywood bull-crap" & that I'd spend so much time picking apart the idiotic inaccuracies that I wouldn't enjoy it. Then I got roped into watching a couple of episodes.

I was wrong. I've only watched a couple of shows, but I was *honestly surprised* at what a good job the writers did of translating relatively-recent attacks into non-technical "consumer-grade" entertainment.

BOTH of the examples that you mentioned are pretty trivial to accomplish, you don't need any specialized knowledge beyond how to set up a wireless hotspot, & how to find, download & install freely-available software packages. Want to use that free wireless at your favorite coffee shop?? That might not be such a great idea. noway

As far as the image information you referenced, here's a Wikipedia link that provides some basic info, and here are a couple of examples of how metadata has "bitten" people who *should* have known better:

Example 1 - See #11 on this page

Example 2 - Seriously?? Google??!? :laughing:

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 10:03 PM
I lived in the Pacific NW for several years, and learned about the sheer _awesomeness_ of Tillamook's offerings, & specifically THIS one:

When I moved away, that was one of the things that I *really* missed - so you can just *IMAGINE* my reaction when I suddenly discovered it in my local grocery store a few weeks back... surprised love love love drool drool drool :banana:

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 09:16 PM

I've eaten several things that made me sick, but didn't necessarily taste that bad.

I was in Chang Mi, Thailand some years ago and went to the market. They had large bins of assorted fried worms. Some were pretty good but one batch had spoiled and turned rancid. I didn't know any better and ate them anyway. I burped up rotten rancid worms for at least a day.

ill

Well, since he went first, I'll chime in with mine.

I LOVE trying new things (within reason):

- I've eaten a dish called "monkey brains" when I was in Africa (turned out it was neither brains nor monkey);
- Beef brains in scrambled eggs (that was *definitely* brain, & not that great-tasting);
- I've eaten tacos from trucks run by illegals;
- I've eaten from street vendors in Mexico;
- I've eaten dried crickets at an Asian restaurant when they brought them out as a kind of an appetizer. They actually weren't bad, obviously crunchy & just slightly sweet.

Having tried all kinds of stuff like that, I've only experienced food poisoning *twice* in my life - and *both* times, I'd purchased kolaches for breakfast (from established stores/restaurants) during the year I lived in Houston! ill

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 07:36 PM
Working. Same as last weekend, the weekend before that, and... yawn I probably wouldn't know what to do if I had a job that only took 40 hrs/week anymore.

Oh well, I'm not going to complain - I know that a LOT of people have it worse (& no one wants to hear complaining anyway!) bigsmile

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 06:36 PM
Huh. I guess I'm usually too busy to think about that! spock

But yeah - when I think about where I am now, compared to how I started out in life... And pretty much everyone that I grew up with... I feel very fortunate & blessed. smile2

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 05:07 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Fri 11/06/15 05:08 PM
Stinkin' double-post... :angry:

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 05:06 PM

I was a bouncer at one of his concerts ,he came out early and we got a chance to meet him and he was just a great guy so down to earth and friendly.

I've always heard that about the guy - and I was *seriously* bummed to hear of his cancer, he pretty much provided the soundtrack to my younger years. And yeah, I've remembered his birthday when it's come around since he passed on. drinker

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:51 PM
Mannnn... Talk about someone who left this earth too soon... ohwell Saw him live once, just as he was getting famous - it was a hell of a show.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 04:45 PM
Great guy, I met him briefly at a book signing in Houston. He was having a lot of fun with people. drinker

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:53 PM
I try not to be political here - but THIS was just way too good not to share... :wink:

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:21 PM
I'm idly considering a trip to Israel early next year. Anyone have any suggestions for me if I do decide to go?? Thanks in advance.

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:17 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Fri 11/06/15 03:18 PM

Please visit my wonderful country South Africa. there is so much to experience.waving

I'll vouch for that - I'd *love* to go back!! drinker

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:10 PM

Let me smack dat azz!!!!!
so that she forgets about the pain in her nails? bigsmile

Good pain always negates bad pain right? :angel: :laughing:

Huh... Have to think about that one...

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 03:00 PM

Broke both of my thumbnails today. Hot dang it!!

Sooo... I guess you'll have to pick your nose a bit more gently?? slaphead :laughing: flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 02:55 PM

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 02:26 PM
*APPARENTLY* I shouldn't have complained - I just got Lumbergh'd... frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

(As Bob Seger's "Feel Like a Number" starts playing - that's freakin' PRICELESS!)

no photo
Fri 11/06/15 01:31 PM
I figured it out - 'bad guy always get best TUTUS!' laugh