Community > Posts By > TBone5280

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:44 PM
To take her mind off being mistakenly judged Miss Universe, Miss Columbia went to get her teeth whitened..

The Dentist told her she needs a crown. noway sad bigsmile

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:33 PM
It's a joke on the NOTORIOUSLY-poor ability of predictive text to actually predict what word(s) you want to use next... slaphead

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:29 PM
Q: Do you know what you call a German cleansing himself??

A: A showerKraut! :tongue: :laughing:

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:24 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Tue 12/22/15 07:25 PM
(As someone of Bavarian ancestry, I reserve the right to tell this joke) -

Heard about the new German microwave???

It seats 40... surprised scared rofl slaphead tongue2

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:22 PM
I know, I know... German jokes are just the wurst!!! slaphead

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:20 PM
There is, reportedly, a new game in Germany where children run after others & touch them with pieces of bread. spock

They call it "Gluten Tag" tongue2 :thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 07:14 PM
His funfair is next monkey. spock winking tongue2

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 06:40 PM
{'Blazing Saddles' reference in 3... 2...}

:laughing: tongue2 bigsmile

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 06:37 PM
Edited by TBone5280 on Tue 12/22/15 06:37 PM
FIVE PAGES of this, & no one's said they'd kiss the Bone?? sad

slaphead Wait - let me rephrase that... noway frustrated winking

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 06:26 PM

a hermaphrodite is an organism that has reproductive organs normally associated with both male and female sexes.

very rare occurrence actually but this woman sounds mentally unstable

Valid point, & one that I'd forgotten about. slaphead

I rather suspect that this isn't one of those cases though.

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 06:13 PM

Dammit, you beat me to it... grumble

no photo
Tue 12/22/15 06:10 PM
"Intersex" whoa Same thing as an "it", you're just taking the LONG way around... whoa

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 05:04 PM

:laughing:

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 01:49 PM
<high-fives Mazzy_King>

I'm right there with ya man, & I wish you ALL the good luck in the world! (You remind me of one of my lifetime best friends, actually.)

I've gotta say though, you have your work cut out for ya - MOST people (of any racial background) aren't even going to know what xenophobia means (without looking it up)... ohwell

Welcome to M2, & best of luck on your search! drinker

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 01:43 PM
I've been waiting for the inevitable "sex that includes chocolate" comment, which seems like the best option... :wink: laugh

Depends on the sex winking

Indeed it does - I'd guess that few enjoy the "Hmmm, I wonder what's on TV right now?"-type. ohwell

hell ya :wink:
for intstance..if it's a "brace yourself Mertle I am jumping on"

or a "you can always make the grocery list while staring at ceiling"
or
"time me babe bet I finish faster than last time"

ugh...where is my candy surprised

ohwell <quietly puts the stopwatch back in his pocket> grumble

Chocolate is less mess

You haven't had the chocolate syrup get every where then....:tongue: waving tongue2

:laughing: No I haven't. I can do more with chocolate and it's flexible. Anytime any place. less moaning or demanding do this no do that. hocolate can be added to many things.
:laughing: tongue2 :banana:

Hey, you said you LIKED it when I moaned!! :cry: frustrated :laughing:

One thing that HASN'T been mentioned:

Sex can be pretty great - but chocolate doesn't break fingernails off in your back... surprised rofl

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 01:22 PM

I'm not having luck. Is it that I'm:
A) Unattractive
B) Too Young
C) Black (I'd hate to bring race into, but you'd be surprised)
Or
D) All of the above?

I wish I could do polls so that people can tell the truth while still remaining anonymous.

Hey D, I've taken a look at your profile, & here's my own impression:

You're not ugly/unattractive (although that 1st photo - the "Urkel" photo - probably isn't leading off with your best foot, you might want to make that the 3rd or 4th one or so).

As far as the other attributes you list, YES, you're going to be "too young" for some, "too black" for others (and 'just right' for some), etc. etc.

It looks like you probably have a fun personality, although some of the things that you list (i.e. video games & anime) slightly suggest someone who's a little bit more solitary than social. (Not that I can criticize, being a bit of a D&D geek since the '80s...) slaphead :laughing:

Honestly man, I don't think that you have much to be worried about. You come across as literate/intelligent, etc. Just hang in there, & keep after it. Good luck! :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 01:06 PM

yes indeed T there is something to be said for old school way of doing things

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of it as "old school", but I can't argue the point too much either. laugh

on one hand online dating opens up the dating pool..into a gigantic potential ocean of fishies to choose from

except...because people are not now not just limited to the singles that live in their town or perhaps the next town over

but can ( in theory) date someone four hours away or in the next state, across the country or in Canada..this gives them this inflated sense of ego if ya will..

OK, that could be - but do you think that that has much of a practical effect??? (I honestly don't know - I mean, I could potentially look at the profile of a woman in England {for example} & see that I theoretically match what she's entered into her profile, but would knowing that boost my ego?? I don't think so, but I don't know.) I guess that different people will respond differently also, so that may be a question without a real answer...

or perhaps impatience, shallowness...look at a profile on the surface level only

is he/she hot, good looking, would I 'do' her

Yep, certainly no shortage of those people on these sites... whoa

but very few..I do mean VERY FEW are here to strike up a long distance ongoing relationship with someone they may never meet

Yep, that's what I was referring to in my "practical effect" question. :smile:

and I gotta agree if you come across in forums as lonely, depressed, or feeling sorry for yourself that is not exactly the image of the perfect person someone might want to have a relationship with

"...and I gotta agree if you come across in forums {or anywhere else!} as lonely, depressed, or feeling sorry for yourself that is not exactly the image of the perfect person someone might want to have a relationship with"

Fixed that for ya. :wink: laugh

does it suck being alone? of course no one denies that but...there is a lot to be said for finding things to do with your time that are productive, fulfilling, and positive

My own opinion is that doing that is a MUST - because you just CANNOT base your happiness on the presence/absence/actions of another person. That way lies madness (or at least unhappiness!) :wink:

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 12:26 PM
No one likes run on sentences/ or misspelled words (words with every other letter for shorthand?). I don't mind typos but c'mon, I don't want to have to decode what you're trying to say so, try using a dictionary if your not sure. Don't be lazy! (I can understand that English may not be your first language but...)

Yep - one of my pet peeves too. Do you REALLY want to convey to the world that you're functionally illiterate?? whoa slaphead whoa

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 11:17 AM
Edited by TBone5280 on Sun 12/20/15 11:26 AM
OK, I rarely claim to have any "wisdom" that anyone else should listen to, but I think that what I'm about to say is worth considering. (Fellow Minglers, feel free to shred this if appropriate, this is still in the "thinking out loud" stage...)

My own thoughts on this is that dating (in some respects) is a lot like job hunting. It's NOT especially pleasant, & it's tough to not feel like your very "worth as a human being" is being judged.

But also, if you do all of it (or even the majority of it) online, you're making it a LOT harder than it needs to be! Without question, the BEST way to find a job is to have someone who's already in the company recommend you. That way, you're more than just a random email that's appeared in HR's inbox, along with 150 others that day.

In the same manner, you've GOT to get out in real life & meet people. You've probably already seen references to spammers, scammers & the like during the short time you've been on here, & it's almost-certainly true that all of us "have our defenses on low alert" when we encounter someone new on here. Most people have no way of knowing if someone's from Nevada, New Jersey - or Nigeria. And it's unfortunately necessary for females to be especially on-guard. ohwell

Face-to-face is where you can really make an impression, & have your best chance to shine. Not blessed with "Hollywood-style" good looks?? Most aren't, but here's a news flash - they aren't necessary for a good/fulfilling life!! There are women who can look past that, spend a couple minutes reading this thread for proof.

Develop a personality that you're comfortable with.

Learn to banter, & to "talk $#it" with women, without trying to "score". Make a game out of it, have FUN with it.

Learn that if you "strike out" with someone, IT ISN'T IMPORTANT. There are LOTS of others out there, who cares if ONE doesn't like your personality??!? Remember that ALL COMBOS aren't good together (coffee & tuna, anyone??).

And here is probably THE MOST-IMPORTANT tip of all:

BUILD YOUR OWN LIFE while you're waiting to meet that special person!! Do NOT allow yourself to be sucked into the trap of "Oh, I need a woman/man to share their life with me so that I can feel complete as a person!" or "I need someone else to validate me so that I can feel happy!" HORSE$#IT. If you do that, you're doing nothing more than making yourself & your happiness a hostage to that other person's whims - and that's NO way to live!

Travel the world. Get a degree. Become a pilot. And (one thing that I'm doing) take a look at the local MeetUp groups. Whatever the items on your own bucket list are, work towards fulfilling them. If you do that, then not only will you be happier as a person (& thus, probably more attractive - bonus!), but you'll also be more interesting, & probably meet more people - which likely won't hurt.

Just DON'T sit at your computer day after day wondering WHY you can't make any progress finding someone. The I.T. industry has a sarcastic term that fits that situation, the term is:

PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair... winking

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 12/20/15 10:29 AM

:laughing: :thumbsup:

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20