Community > Posts By > KimberUC2

KimberUC2's photo
Mon 08/31/09 10:06 PM
Actually It does not work at all that way. As soon as I connect the cell phone to the internet and it shares the connection with the first computer it immediately prior to sharing that internet connection will disable any network cards or wifi on that computer. It also disables the wifi built into the telephone as well.

I believe this is built into the ActiveSync software it uses to share out the internet connection. That software is a Microsoft product. The cell phone and the computers are both running microsoft operating systems.

I think I will post on the developers network to see if anyone there can help me out.

Thanks anyhow for the vote of confidence

I will find a way to do this somehow

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 08/28/09 08:13 PM
Charles,
Deactivation is not he same as unsubscribing or deleting a profile is it now?

If you simply deactivate then you can come back at anytime and reactivate your profile correct?

Where if you were to actually delete the profile you would be deleting their personal information and images entirely. To delete the profile would be to remove all instances of their information from your servers and databases. That action would stop mingle2 from being able to sell or distribute that information to advertisers in the future.

It seems to me that most of the internet sites seem to data mine that type of information to sell it to advertisers. Maybe Mingle2 does not do that I could not say. However, I have never seen a way to entirely delete a profile on here.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 08/28/09 08:00 PM
I currently connect to the internet by tethering off of my cell phone connection. As it stands now I can connect the cell to the laptop and use the cell phones internet to surf the web on the laptop. The connection between the cell and the laptop is a USB wire. However it will not connect to the internet unless I disable the wifi that is built into the telephone first.

Recently I had to do some downloading on a friends computer which was not a laptop and they have Windows XP pro on theirs. I plugged the phone into it and it gave me a hard time at first as it was having issues with the NDIS. I was able to resolve that by installing ActiveSynch on the desktop and that repaired the NDIS issue in Windows so I cold go online with that one but only with my phone plugged into it.

Now what I would like to do is this. I have a hardwire and wifi network set up here. I always have at least two computers on the network as well as network storage and other network devices such as printers.

I have a desktop computer that has two network cards in it. I am thinking if I were to plug the phone into the desktop and run a wire from one of the network cards to the routers Internet port (WAN) and run a separate network wire from the other network card to a hardwire port on the router as well. Then enable internet connection sharing or set the PC up as a gateway. Would that allow me to plug my cell phone into the USB port on the PC and connect to the internet from any pc on my network either hardwired or wifi?

If this will not work can somebody please tell me how I can share out my cell phone connection with my entire network here at home.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 08/25/09 09:05 AM
Edited by KimberUC2 on Tue 08/25/09 09:22 AM
Doesn't your Palm Treo Pro have bluetooth built into it. I would personally go to the local Sprint company store or whichever provider you have and ask their tech support for help.

after doing more research on this I was able to determine that your issue is due to the fact that Palm does not have a compatible software for Vista 64 bit yet. I did however find somthing you may be interested in at
http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/crawl_message?board.id=windows_hotsync&message.id=23632

It states a guy with a similar solution to yours found an infrared solution.

Another thing you want to try first is be sure of is that you have the latest version of the updated sync ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/activesync45.mspx ) software as well as windows mobile version 6.1

Then go to settings and choose connections. Then choose "USB to PC" and disable advanced functionality. Your PC will automatically connect to your PDA.

Not sure if this will help as I do not have your hardware to test it for you. I actually like the HTC 6800 Mogul better as a cell phone personally.

KimberUC2's photo
Mon 08/24/09 11:09 AM
There was a little boy about 4-5 years old walking down the street with his dad. They came upon two dogs getting it on.

Little Boy: Daddy, Daddy what are they doing?
Dad: Well son they are making a puppy.
Little Boy: Oh ok Daddy.

The two of them return home and eat dinner then the little boy goes to bed. A few hours after he fell asleep he was awakened by a nightmare. He went to his parent’s room to tell them about it. When he walked in he saw his Daddy on top of his Mommy getting it on.

Little Boy: Daddy, Daddy what are you doing to Mommy?
Daddy: Well son we are making you a little brother or sister.
Little Boy: Well Daddy can you roll mommy over I would rather have a puppy.

KimberUC2's photo
Mon 08/24/09 09:29 AM
I see it as work is more important then school as without a job you may not be able to afford to go to school in the first place in general.

Overall both are important to me but for different reasons then previously mentioned. I go to work to pay most of my bills. I go to school to get a higher or better education. I am at a point in life where I do not care much about getting a higher paying job once I achieve a certain level of education such as associates, bachelors, masters, doctorate. I go to school to learn while I am following a tract that will get me a piece of paper at some point. That piece of paper means very little to me.

I would rather know what I am doing and not have that paper then not know what I am doing and have it. I have seen too many people out there that have an education but no real life practical knowledge.

The idea of education for better paying jobs is misguided in my opinion. If you educate yourself well you can be your own boss and start a successful company of your own with or without that paper.

KimberUC2's photo
Sun 08/23/09 10:10 PM
Maybe I am missing something here but some of the ladies on here that are claiming to be BBW I think are really nice looking. I have seen the term BBW to be anything from say 15 pounds overweight to 200+ pounds overweight.

To me there is a big difference there.

I have also seen people who once called themselves BBW and lost a lot of weight and now their skin seems to hang off them. In reality it should not matter what a person looks like on the outside as that degrades with age in us all. It is what they are in their minds that matters and age only sharpens that unless a person goes through certain illnesses like Alzheimer's or something.

Shoot I could use to lose a few pounds does that make me undesirable or a BBM? I do not get any these days either but it is probably my fault as I do not spend time out there hunting for it. I spend my time working, going to school, and with my daughter. If god wants me to have a Girlfriend then I will not have a choice.

I am starting to think that we do not choose who we fall in love with it just happens.

As far as bbw's being best in bed or not I have to say that both of my most memorable experiences were with ladies that were not BBW's but that does not mean a BBW could not have given me the same experience.

KimberUC2's photo
Sun 08/23/09 07:49 AM

Perhaps you could start by telling us what "AIRG" is in the first place?

I am not the OP but I believe that airg is a sort of interface you can use for SMS messaging. SMS messaging is text messaging like that which is done over cellular phones.

What I believe they are asking is how to install a program to their computer that will allow them to send and receive text messages with peoples cellular phones based on their telephone number.

I am not familiar enough with the procedure of installing airg to a pc to answer the OP question. However it seems to me to be a pay service which I am sure would have a help desk or tech support info available once you apy money for it.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:36 PM

Thanks for the ideas Kim. BTW, has anyone been paying attention to the legality stuff? Last I heard, the AAIC had been trying to sew people for this stuff. The last I heard; 1) when stuff is released to the public, it's released. 2) if your downloading audio or video, you are not getting top quality. 3) unless you download stuff, burn it to a dvd and sell it at a profit you're not really breaking copyright laws.... The list goes on and on. There is one site that distibutes stuff, and they say it's legit. As for me; I'm just in a wheelchair. I just can't get out much, kinda tied down and don't get out much. As for ethics. I don't think it was ethically right for some lady to be driving while she was still under the influence. But, my beliefs are; "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." and remember, "as you judge; you shall be judged." I'm not real big on religon, but, these are two of my biggest beliefs. All I do know is after the last AAIC incident; alot of the issues were dropped, and all the people that were sewed got their charges reduced. It's probably still not the best thing to do. But then.................................

I recently took a college course in computer ethics. I can tell you that there were more then one person in that class that had been sued and fined heavily for downloading music files and storing them on their computers and MP3 players.

If you are really interested in reading up on the subject I would suggest you check out a couple of books and read them as you may see it through different eyes when your done reading them.

Computer Ethics fourth edition by Deborah G. Johnson

Case studies in Information Technology Ethics Second Edition by Richard A. Spinello

I am not sure if your interested in it or not but if you are that is a good place to start out.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 08/22/09 08:25 PM

I was not passing judgement at all on anyone. I was simply stating a point.

The fact of the matter is it would not matter if it was a picture of him or anyone else. The image is the copyright property of the person that takes the picture in the first place. The only exception to that would possibly be movie stars or pictures of signs or other trademarked items.

So, why should movies stars have any more ownership rights to their photos than the typical average Joe?

The idea of taking a screen shot which is nothing more then a low quality image of a copyrighted image to allow it to be modified is still both un-ethical and illegal according to the copyright and patent law.

Ethics vary a great degree depending on the intent of the picture's user. I often find mechanical details in PDF format I would like to place into a CAD drawing without having to draft them out myself. It would make it much easier on me to be able to crop and insert part of the PDF into the construction document and direct the contractor to consult the PDF than to have to redraw the hardware myself, and much easier on the contractor to be able to see the detail right there on the respective page of the construction documents than to have to look through a different spec book. How is that unethical?

It is so easy to scan any image from nearly any medium, turn it into a JPEG, edit however you'd like, and resell it (if that's your intent). Then it's easy enough for the original owner to file a law suit once they find that their picture is being used for profit without permission. But there are several instances in which it would be practical and perfectly harmless to be able to save a picture from a PDF file.

As for the OP, I'd say do what everybody else says or do what I do and print it and scan it, but no, I won't tell you that because I don't wanna be unethical or violate copyright laws.

As far as copyright and patent law goes it is not expected to be understood easily and many times it is interpreted differently by individual readers of it. The fact of the matter is it is different based on where you live in fact due to the different supreme court districts.

As far as you copying and pasting into autocad information you did not create yourself. Here is a blurb I found relating to copyright and mathematics you may be interested in reviewing it was a comment from an attorney but stated it should not be used as legal advice at the same time. To give proper credit to the author the website I got it from is located at http://wdjoyner.blogspot.com/2008/03/copyright-law-as-it-pertains-to.html

"Without delving into the possible philosophical issues surrounding mathematics (e.g. the "discovered" v. "created" arguments), formulae, theorems, numerical patterns, etc. are generally considered to be facts, and are thus, not copyrightable. However, you could write a book on a particular theorem and to the extent that book is (1) original, (2) not factually based, and (3) not in the public domain, the words would be copyrightable.

Data is copyrightable in another manner. As a notable case clarified (Rural Telephone), the collection and organization of data can be copyrightable. So, for instance, the set containing all prime numbers would not be copyrightable. The set containing all prime numbers with an inherent characteristic would not be copyrightable. However, if you (for some specific application) selected out and organized elements from that set in such a manner as to be optimal (for that specific application), and this selection and organization was original and not inherently part of that set, you could acquire a copyright as to the original elements of it - e.g. the selection and organization. Such a justification is what is often used to permit copyrighting of geographic data, for instance.

I don't really want to go into it here, but file formats are generally not copyrightable but data structures (in computer science) may be."

Honestly it does not matter that other people break the law or even how they act or think. That is part of them being an individual. Nothing I can say or do will change the world. I do think that people should be aware and responsible for how their actions effect others no matter how slightly it may be perceived to be.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 08/21/09 08:46 PM
Edited by KimberUC2 on Fri 08/21/09 08:49 PM

What is it with people on here and copyright infringement tonight.

If you were the one to put the image into the PDF in the first place you should have a copy of the image that is not in pdf format. If not the odds are you are either trying to steal someone elses image or have not gone to the owner of that images rights and recieved written consent to use the image in the first place. Had you done that they would have probably offered you a high res image of what you seek to work with.

I really thought that this site prohibited speaking about illegal acts such as this. I did not think that people would be so forthright and tell another how to go about breaking the law in open forum.

And who are you,passing judgment on a person you know nothing about for asking a simple question when you don't know the background at all?slaphead

I was not passing judgement at all on anyone. I was simply stating a point.

The fact of the matter is it would not matter if it was a picture of him or anyone else. The image is the copyright property of the person that takes the picture in the first place. The only exception to that would possibly be movie stars or pictures of signs or other trademarked items. There are still privacy laws out there that protect us all to a small degree from others taking our picture. However, the instant a picture is taken its copyright belongs to the photographer not the person or persons in the image. Unless the photographer transfers it to someone else that copyright remains in effect for many years. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years.

The idea of taking a screen shot which is nothing more then a low quality image of a copyrighted image to allow it to be modified is still both un-ethical and illegal according to the copyright and patent law.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 08/21/09 08:30 PM
RPwolf,

If what your trying to do is just avoid the transportation cost then that is entirely another issue all together. That I can give you some suggestions on.

If you live in a city you can always opt for public transportation. Depending on how immobile you are you may need to contact them prior to allow them to make arrangements to accommodate you.

In more rural areas you may have a transportation service provided at the county level through an agency for the aged or similar to it.

You may also be able to look into a ride share program as well.

Another thought might be to look into local groups that frequent specific types of movies in your area. If they do not exist in your area maybe think about starting one on your own. Say for example you like horror movies. Now lets say you talk to a friend and find they do as well. before you know it you have a group of people with common interest. Maybe you can get them together to go see a new movie at one time or start a bulletin board with the show times listed and you may be able to meet up with people and go with them or vise versa. Most people would not hold your handicap against you in fact most would try to help you any way they could.

Maybe you have a friend or neighbor that is out of work that has transportation where if you offered to pay a small amount to cover gas they would drive you to and from. Who knows you may want to offer to pay for their ticket to see the movie instead of paying their gas.

another thought might be to contact your local blockbuster or large movie rental place. Explain your situation to them and ask them if you were to either purchase or rent movies with a credit card over the phone from them if there would be a way they could possibly make arrangements to get them delivered to you. Odds are their employees may be driving right by your home on their way home. You may be surprized by the level of customer service you get. I had a family member that had a stroke and we were able to get the grocery store to accept credit card over the phone they would pull her food order deliver it to her house and even put it in her cabinets for the nurses to cook for her.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 08/21/09 08:11 PM

my brother has an issue with people stealing his wireless reception.apparently he has the strongest reception around here and people can get reception off of his.i fight with his every night because out of the blue it will slow down really bad and i get all kinds of errors on web pages.their laptop does it too,so i know it's not just my computer

Maybe the admins will move this to its own thread who knows.

This issue really should be on it own thread as it refers to not only a different topic of bandwidth sharing, theft and security but also has to do with another person having the issue all together.

First of all I would like to point out a couple things here. THERE IS NO SECURITY ON THE INTERNET.

When that happens again you might want to log into his router and find out who and what computers are actually using his connection. You may find out that there are no unauthorized users on your network at all. If that is the case then you should contact your ISP about getting more bandwidth if need be as it is not a security issue at all.

It is possible that the combination of computers (network nodes) is using too much bandwidth. Keep in mind it does not have to be a conventional computer to use bandwidth on your internet connection. It could be things like a gaming system such as a PS2/3 or xbox or even internet telephone services such as Vonage. It can be effected by anything you have connected to your internet connection or network.

I do not care what level of encryption a person uses to secure their wifi connection. If a person wants into the network it is as simple as having a few computers using a brute force attack on his network and they will be on most wifi networks in less then 10 minutes. Now having an authenticated network user on the network when the attack is happening will reduce that time dramatically.

The sad part about it is if you either do a google search for wep hacking or cracking you will find step by step instructions on how to do it and even youtube videos showing it being done as well.

There are very few legal uses for this type of information however if you were to go to your brother and ask his permission to try to access his network just to show him how easy you can. That would probably open his eyes to how insecure his connection and information really is on his computer and network.

It is a strong argument to run hard wire networks.

One of the best ways I have seen to secure a wifi network is by only allowing pre-specified MAC addresses access to the IP addresses on the network. and closing off all unused ports as well.

Now also keep in mind that many ISPs will throttle down bandwidth not only in peak hours but also if a single account is using more then average amount of bandwidth. The use of more then average bandwidth can be caused by many things other then multiple computers it can also be caused by downloading with torrents or large video or music files or playing online games. Basically any bandwidth intensive use on your connection is monitored by your ISP.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 08/20/09 11:20 PM
What is it with people on here and copyright infringement tonight.

If you were the one to put the image into the PDF in the first place you should have a copy of the image that is not in pdf format. If not the odds are you are either trying to steal someone elses image or have not gone to the owner of that images rights and recieved written consent to use the image in the first place. Had you done that they would have probably offered you a high res image of what you seek to work with.

I really thought that this site prohibited speaking about illegal acts such as this. I did not think that people would be so forthright and tell another how to go about breaking the law in open forum.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 08/20/09 11:13 PM
I would not only be careful with torrents but also with posting about the use of them you have posted here.

You see while torrents do not get the movie from a single source as a way to get around copyright infringement laws. What you are suggesting that you do is still considered a violation of the copyright & patent laws. It is also morally and ethically wrong to do such a thing.

If you wanted to buy a movie legitimately or even rent one go through a company like netflix. You should not be downloading movies or music for that matter prior to it being released in disk format for sale.

Actually I believe this topic is in violation of the rules of this site as well.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 08/20/09 11:05 PM

The onq wireless access points I was talking about are a bit expensive but really neat here is a link to them for you all to see what they look like.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/products/nav=a0f30000000BdHCAA0

Hey, that ceiling router is a bit of a neat kit.Thank you for posting the link.We could not house the router on the lower floor because the metal beams (RSJ's) would block the signal. The lower floor used to be a petrol station, so the entire ceiling was reinforced with steel beams to add the other two floors.It is costing me the earth to live here, my sub woofer is picking up radio signals from Russian radio, police cars and even taxis. My wireless ear phones are no longer useful because it broadcasts local radio stations, so I need to look for a solution to solving this other problem too. rofl rofl

Understood I am nothing more then an old networking geek in reality. That is why I thought of this solution in the first place. I was hesitent at first as you mentioned it is an apartment and most landlords are not really receptive to hard wiring anything or holes in the walls for any reason. However, if you were to show them the picture of those access points you may be able to get permission granted to do it. Especially if your absorbing the cost of the access point. I can also tell you that there are some specialized tools available to make the installation easier as well. Things like flexible drill bit and possibly a wire snake come to mind off hand.

As far as your other radio frequency anomalies I am not sure what to tell you. Maybe when you get your wifi running right you can research other solutions on google to help you out with them.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 08/20/09 12:06 AM
The onq wireless access points I was talking about are a bit expensive but really neat here is a link to them for you all to see what they look like.

http://www.onqlegrand.com/products/nav=a0f30000000BdHCAA0

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 08/20/09 12:00 AM
Well,
I would have thought that your tech guy would have put the router or access point in the center of the home or apt and if it had multiple floors it should be in the lowest one unless your hard wiring in access points for other floors coverage.

I still think that the access point that ONQ makes hardwired in would also have solved your issue. The parabolic antenna was really overkill for your situation. You would have had to match it up with your particular router as well.

KimberUC2's photo
Mon 08/17/09 08:26 AM
I am not sure if this will help at all but from what I gathered you stated you have a wifi router in your home and still cannot use it correctly as you have a weak signal.

I would suggest two things that may help despite building construction. First of all you could get a wifi access point such as those sold by OnQ (they look like smoke detectors)and hardwire (Covering the wires for appearances sake)it to your existing router. This would effectively enable you to extend and move your signal away from anything that could be interfering with it.

The second option would be to consult the building management and possibly look into a parabolic antenna centered in your home or apt typically used to put wifi in large outdoor areas but placed in your home should flood your home immensely with signal. While their name may make you think were talking about a big huge ugly thing many look like a white box a few inches square.

KimberUC2's photo
Mon 08/17/09 08:12 AM
Well,
Not that I think this is the best site in the world or anything but you need to get active for any site like this to work.

I used to be on this site a long time ago and it was extremely active at that time as was I. It was very much like a chat room most of the time to give you an idea.

I came back and it is quite different now but I must say that I was able to meet a lady and go on a date with her through this site in person within a couple weeks of being active in the forums and searching for friends in my area.

I think that says something positive for this site. I also think that you are not giving the site a fair chance. It is possible you may be looking for something other then this has to offer. Maybe you are looking for professional escort services or something where you pay a fee and get a date hopping in a car to come see you. If that is what you seek then this is not the place.

If your looking to make friends and possibly build a relationship through that then this is a good place to start but then you have to be active to do that and it happens over time.

Welcome to the Mingle2