Community > Posts By > KimberUC2

KimberUC2's photo
Sun 07/26/09 02:05 AM
Good morning everyone,
It was nice to read someone got married first thing in the morning I hope it is true love they have and it lasts forever. I am also glad one of the mingle people here enjoyed the celebration as well.

Anyhow, It looks like today is going to be yet another great day. Too bad the weekend is almost over and I have to work tonight. Well the positive side of that is it is great to be able to have a job to work at I guess with our current economic situation here in the USA.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 07/25/09 05:25 PM
Welcome back Java_Swing nice to see you again.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 07/25/09 02:13 AM
As I mentioned I took the advice and am back in school but wonder how many people out there think they are too old to go back themselves. I work with probably 20 other people we all can enjoy free tuition and only me and one other take advantage of that benefit. The rest tell me they are too old to go to school which I think is a lame excuse. Like you said if they wanted to learn or go back they would not let anyone or anything stop them.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 07/25/09 02:04 AM
Edited by KimberUC2 on Sat 07/25/09 02:05 AM
I was thinking about a year ago or so that I really should go back to school. I was even more reluctant when one of my highly respected people in my family kept telling me I was too old to go back to school. THey had been in Middle Management most of their lives in a major corp. They simply stated that the company would not hire a person that was 45 or older.

Well for me it took a woman who had a couple different types of cancer to talk to me and tell me to go back to school as it would not hurt either way and if I got through it I would have a far better opportunity to make money then someone without it. That way of thinking got me back into school.

I asked this question because I wonder how many people out there think they are too old to go back to school. I am not sure there is a such thing as too old as there are people that attend school to aquire knowledge despite a degree.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 07/24/09 09:30 PM
Actually i started this topic to be an open one where the person who was carrying was your date be it the male or the female. I do legally carry personally but that has nothing to do with it.

I really just wanted to know how people would react if their date was to carry. If my date was to be carrying I would probably have a few questions like if she had a license or permit to do it? I might even ask if they had permits or licenses from multiple states for reciprocity purposes? What kind is it? I would offer to show her mine if I could look closer at hers. Would probably offer to go to the range together.

I have gone on dates in the past while carrying and it may not even be noticed as I can conceal pretty well. I do not carry to make up for any insecurities of manhood. Nor do I need to commit a crime or borrow money for a date. The fact of the matter is I have gone through the legal checks to be allowed to carry and I do. My carry weapons include a $1100 dollar Custom Kimber Ultra Carry II with Crimson Trace laser Grips and a Smith & Wesson 649 that costs about $800 not counting the $230 crimson trace laser grip I installed on it.

I carry for protection that includes the protection of the people around me from criminal activity as well. I kind of like the idea of knowing I have a way to protect myself and my daughter or possibly a date in case of emergency if we were to venture off our property or into a less then crime free neighborhood.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 07/24/09 06:26 PM
This is an open question for all to answer I would like it if we could stay on topic though. I would like to know the typical reaction of finding out on a first or initial date that your date was armed. And was not a member of law enforcement or security.

Maybe you discovered it during the act of hugging them or something.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 07/23/09 11:02 AM

I would buy everyone here a new digital camera!!
So we can get some current pictures up:tongue:

Dude! Most of my pix are less than 2 months old...grumble

Not everyone on here wants to have a current picture on Mingle2's web server. Some of us have our pictures on the internet more then we want to already.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 07/23/09 11:00 AM
I would buy Love faith and happiness for all the members of this site.

Only problem is those things cannot be bought.

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:53 AM
Welcome back Princess

KimberUC2's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:24 AM
From this title I thought you were asking if it is possible to remain friends with an ex spouse after the divorce and I would say absolutely especially if children are involved.

However if you are referring to being friends with a former lovers ex spouse that is a different story. I can see where it might be adventageous for you as their ex spouse might be willing to tell you things about them it would take you far longer to learn on your own. I have not been in that situation to comment intelligently. I can tell you that who your casual friends are should not effect your intimate relationships. I believe that if you are intimate with a person there is a level of honesty trust and deep seated friendship already or at least should be according to my internal morals.

That is just my two cents hope it helps.

KimberUC2's photo
Wed 07/22/09 10:22 AM
Ok back to the original topic of the senate vote on this issue.

It seems the anti gun people have gotten their way this time. I wish it would have gone the other way but it did not. I actually did not expect it to pass but was very hopeful as it seemed to make a lot of sense to me.

Here is a link to CNN coverage on the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/22/concealed.weapons/

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:47 AM

The fact that the human feels a need to carry a weapon for power is sick in and of itself. Pissed off legal gun owners brandish and use their weapons in illegal displays of power all the time.

We do not need more guns in public we need less. No legal gun owner saves people in times of crisis as has been implied they would all along. Legal gun owners can be just as dangerous to the public as the illegal gun owner can be. There is no difference when they are shooting and killing innocent people.

Well I disagree with your statement as Police are legal gun owners and without them you would probably not feel safe. As pointed out most legal gun owners do not commit crimes or violence. You mad a comment of people illegally brandishing weapons and in my state there is no law against open carry or brandishing for that matter.

There is a major difference between legal gun owners and criminals you are not seeing. You speak of innocent people getting injured and a responsible legal gun owner would not take a shot at a target without knowing what is behind it as they are responsible for the bullets final resting place. A criminal does not care. Therefore it is the criminals that get hurt or killed not the innocent people.

If you think guns should be outlawed entirely maybe you should consider moving out to another country like Mexico where you could not buy a gun legally. I bet you are far safer here though. You see our country was based on a few simple rights and among them is the right to keep and bear arms.

It is not a matter of showing off or acting like a big shot as you would like us to believe. I sleep most of the time in a neighborhood that I am a minority because I speak English. They have international street gang presences here. I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by six at least with a gun I can have a chance to control my own lifespan.

I would like to be able to go anywhere and feel the same safety level as in my home state.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:31 AM
I live in PA but will not post specific address or contact info. I have learned that is not a good idea. As far as communication via email goes while it is a bit more secure then on a forum keep in mind that all email addresses are not created equally. What Mark did not make clear in his previous posting is that the emails on this server may and probably are monitored on a regular basis.

That being said there is very little privacy on the internet in general. Using private email of email that either you control entirely or have so many users that it could not conceivably be monitored or read without your knowledge might be an option. Another option might be to actually encrypt messages that you do not want people other then the intended recipient to read.

Just some food for thought.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:20 AM

oh goody, more distraught, pissed off people packing a piece...
Time to head for the hills.

So is your comment supposed to be a request for private safety firearms training lessons? I would be more then happy to volunteer my time and efforts for that if you come to my hills although you might call it mountains that is.

You see I carry anytime when I am not on University property or anywhere it is prohibited. I sometimes carry concealed and others I carry openly.

The idea of more people with guns is a falsity actually as the law applies only to people who have licenses to conceal in their home state. It will force that license to be honored by all but two states. Those people will still have to abide by the state laws they are in or travel to. On the other hand it will allow many people to travel while armed out of their home state which is not possible in many cases with the current reciprocity laws.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:10 AM
Personally I like Firefox a lot but if I had to switch Opera used to be listed as the fastest browser on the planet. I think it was a lot of hype but it did not seem to have the overhead of the others either so the pages did load up a bit faster. Then again that was a while back and I have not installed the latest version of it on this pc so it too may not be like that anymore.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:02 AM
I am Irish and proud of it.

KimberUC2's photo
Tue 07/21/09 11:00 AM
Check this out http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/07/20/thune-lautenberg-clash-on-concealed-carry-gun-proposal.html

It is scheduled to be voted on in the senate this Wednesday. It would allow people sho have a carry license or permit in their home state to carry concealed anywhere in the USA except Illinois or Wisconsin.

That would be as close to the original right to bear arms as I have seen in my entire lifetime if it actually goes through.

Contact your politicians and tell them to vote for this to happen if they believe in the US Constitution 2nd amendment or the fair trade and reporting act for that matter.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 07/18/09 12:34 PM
You should probably consult with not only a doctor but also an attorney as well. I would suggest that you be very careful posting anything on the internet in reference to the accident. I would not give any details to anyone other then the doctors or lawyers. THe fact of the matter is you probably already have but I would seriously consider consulting with professionals before you compromise your legal standing further then you already may have.

KimberUC2's photo
Fri 07/17/09 08:33 AM
Well,
I am pretty into computers. I used to do a lot of web development. I know some languages and will be learning even more in the future. Learning ends for me the day I die. I am currently a student at the University of Scranton currently working on the BS degree in Computer Science but later going to go for the MS in Software Engineering.

I noticed this conversation turned more into an odd conversation of which schools and curriculums are better then others. I do not worry so much about that in general as I go to school to learn and not for a piece of paper that nobody will look at besides me. Employers do not ask for your degree they ask to see your transcripts. Your transcripts will say on them any degrees you have met the requirements for.

You see I was brought up to believe if it was not a degree of science then it was not a degree in the eyes of most businesses. I know that is not always the case but it is how I was taught.

Now as far as choosing a school to learn from that is a very personal decision. I would be sure that any school I went to was Nationally accredited at a minimum. I would tend to shy away from schools that do not issue degrees or transcripts in the same name as they go by while your attending. There are some colleges out there that sell themselves as one company like the Art Institute but the transcripts come from South University. While the diploma may say Art Institute the employers look at the transcripts and they do not mention Art Institute at all. Many of those type of schools will also require more then normal amount of credit hours to even grant you a degree as well. I found that when you add up all they require you are far better off going to a brick and mortar school with a good reputation. If you go to a college that business people recognize the name you will be far better off then if you had not. Not all schools are created equal.

I hope this is helpful but I am not really sure what you were asking in the first place.

KimberUC2's photo
Sat 07/04/09 09:21 PM
Well I am not a cop or even security guard but I do legally carry a firearm (both open and concealed). I have a small collection of weapons.

I guess people just think I am Craaaazy. I just thought of that from a song.

Anyhow, I think a lot of guys might fit into your LEO dreams even if they do not actually risk their lives daily for strangers to them.