Sat 07/12/08 11:28 PM
Lets go again

LonleyPapi's photo
Sat 07/12/08 11:23 PM
laugh laugh laugh oops that was more than 3 words. My bad

LonleyPapi's photo
Sat 07/12/08 11:20 PM

want breakfast, baby?
Who needs breakfast when i can have you instead.......

LonleyPapi's photo
Tue 07/08/08 08:57 AM
:cry: You gals are all making me cry. Serious. I have a 7yr old son who is ADD/ ADHD & 40% Autistic. Like one of you said, i wouldnt trade my son for anything in the world. He's my terror on wheels. He has therapy twice aweek and takes Ritalin for the ADD/ ADHD. Its been a rough ride and its just sometimes overwhelming but i have managed to get through it one day at a time. I am glad there is somewhere i can go on here to chat with someone who understands. Am i the only guy on here with this situation? If any of you are in So Cal you can go to the East Los Angeles Regional center. Its a long waiting list and alot of paperwork but it is well worth it. Its funded by the state and costs nothing. Its 100% free. Keep up the info and venting. Its ok to vent. Dale

LonleyPapi's photo
Sat 07/05/08 04:51 PM
love I would rather find the woman of my dreams. Money cant buy love. I'm still looking. Any takers in the 562 area code. ????

LonleyPapi's photo
Wed 07/02/08 07:34 PM
grumble Yes, two of them to be exact. But not by choice. I have 3 daughters from the first one and one son from the second one.

LonleyPapi's photo
Tue 07/01/08 01:43 AM
happy Are there any ladies in the 562 area, between the ages of 38 an 48 that know Bill W and that want to chat?

LonleyPapi's photo
Tue 07/01/08 01:24 AM
bigsmile August 4 1996. Thats when i got clean and sober and have been ever since. Going on 12 years this Aug 4, God willing. happy

LonleyPapi's photo
Mon 06/30/08 06:21 PM

shack up for the sex!!!!

been married twice and I'm living by the 3 strikes your out ruledevil
love smokin I second that!

LonleyPapi's photo
Sat 06/28/08 11:08 PM
I want to thank all the women and men for all the love and support you have given me on this subject. I hope to hear more from more people out there and maybe we can spread the word out that Autism isnt contagious but can be arrested at some point and recovery is then possible. I'm looking forward to hearing from more people. Gods blessings

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 11:53 AM

Yes, I would...but I hear what your saying. I had a son that was Down Snydrome and that seemed to be a deal breaker as to whether a man would date me or not. Chances were NOT, but it was their loss.
flowerforyou You are 100% right. I just wish more people would read up on it. Its a horrible disability that not many people understand or really know about. You should see the looks i give them when i am at a restaurant or market. If looks could kill they would be dead. I have a card that looks like a business card and it tells about what an atustic child is feeling and what happens when he has an outburst. I am going to mke a whole bunch of them up and when someone gives me a dirty look i am going to hand one to them and just say "Read this first before you give dirty looks or say anything you will regret". It was given to me by his therapist.

Good for you, I'd pass them out every chance I had.

I remember this as if it were yesterday...but 25 years ago I had a woman stop me in a dept. store while I was shopping with my son. She made the comment to me that she had given birth to a child with Down Syndrome but she had given her child away and put in an institution. I was appalled at what she told me and just flat out told her she was the one that needed help because she had no idea what she had missed out on having her child in her life.

God rest my sons soul as he passed away 7 years ago...what I would give to have him back here with me today. I miss him so but God needed back with him.
What was that woman thinking. How could someone give their child away. I am sorry to hear about your son but like you said God wanted him home with him. Thanks for the feed back

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 08:53 AM

Yes, I would...but I hear what your saying. I had a son that was Down Snydrome and that seemed to be a deal breaker as to whether a man would date me or not. Chances were NOT, but it was their loss.
flowerforyou You are 100% right. I just wish more people would read up on it. Its a horrible disability that not many people understand or really know about. You should see the looks i give them when i am at a restaurant or market. If looks could kill they would be dead. I have a card that looks like a business card and it tells about what an atustic child is feeling and what happens when he has an outburst. I am going to mke a whole bunch of them up and when someone gives me a dirty look i am going to hand one to them and just say "Read this first before you give dirty looks or say anything you will regret". It was given to me by his therapist.

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 08:38 AM
Are there any women out there that would date a man with an Autistic child and why? Its a challenge that many women would not accept. At least the women i have come across.

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 08:30 AM

How would you feel about dating someone who has a mentally challenged son and In their mid 40's and they live with their mother?
I appologize for what I said, my mistake,frustrated flowers I thought you were taking about a woman. You are a fantastic man to love your child the way you do. You will find someone someday that feels the same way you do. Don't give up, she's out there waiting for you. Again I'm sorry I misunderstood.
Dont worry i'll never give up and its ok to misunderstand. I didnt take it in a bad way. Thanks for the feed back. 1 day at a time is how my son and i live. 1 thing about my son. He friken loves video games and bike rides and just being himself. We do alot of activities together. Sometimes i fell like putting a leash on him cause hes just all about go go go . I dont though cause i think it cruel. I just keep him within reaching distance. He makes me mad sometimes and comes back with a big hug and says " I LOVE U PAPI"
Awwww! I have a girlfriend with a down syndrome son, and know there are times she struggles with situations. You need a patient, caring lady for sure. But isn't that what you would want anyway? flowers In my mind your child is forcing you to ignore all the nonsense you might otherwise be dating out there and go straight for the gold. It may not feel like it now, but you have a blessing in disguise if you ask me. God Bless! :heart:
flowerforyou Thank you. God has blessed me and given me a challenge and a challenge i have accepted. I know there is a true, real, God fearing woman out there that knows what life is all about. Take care and may God bless you.happy

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 07:51 AM

The right person will come along..don't give up!flowerforyou
Thank you. You are a sweet heart.flowerforyou

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 07:46 AM

How would you feel about dating someone who has a mentally challenged son and In their mid 40's and they live with their mother?
I appologize for what I said, my mistake,frustrated flowers I thought you were taking about a woman. You are a fantastic man to love your child the way you do. You will find someone someday that feels the same way you do. Don't give up, she's out there waiting for you. Again I'm sorry I misunderstood.
Dont worry i'll never give up and its ok to misunderstand. I didnt take it in a bad way. Thanks for the feed back. 1 day at a time is how my son and i live. 1 thing about my son. He friken loves video games and bike rides and just being himself. We do alot of activities together. Sometimes i fell like putting a leash on him cause hes just all about go go go . I dont though cause i think it cruel. I just keep him within reaching distance. He makes me mad sometimes and comes back with a big hug and says " I LOVE U PAPI"

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 07:08 AM
My son is ADD/ADHD and 40% Autistic and i live with my mother. Alot of women i have met on here say they cannot or would not due to the fact thats a big challenge. He needs alot of attention and he means the world to me. I just tell them just to move on and good luck. Life is full of challenges and i live life one day at a time hoping to find someone that would love him as if they were his own. I had one woman, i was at her house having dinner and my son had an eppisode and she yelled at him from the top of her lungs. I got my son and left and i told her never to call me again. No one yells at him like that. EVER!! I was friken pissed. No one understands Autism. If you do, send me a message and give me your opinion. P.S. Sorry for the length

LonleyPapi's photo
Thu 06/26/08 06:45 AM

LonleyPapi's photo
Wed 06/25/08 09:40 PM
It all depends on your preference and the person you are trying to message or become involved with. My parents were 14 yrs apart. My dad was born in 1927 and my mom was born in 1941. It up to you! what ever floats your boat!

Previous 1 3 4