Community > Posts By > mg1959

no photo
Wed 01/01/14 05:15 AM
Our long night has finally come to a crawl.

Wanted to share one of the photos. There were several helicopters we noticed flying over head and I grabbed this pic from the one that showed the closest view to what we had.

It was very pretty. Hope all of you had a great time and were safe.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 05:08 PM

YESSS 2014 HAS ARRIVED!
And it feels GOOD!

Had a wonderful time, I had never been here, in this home, during New Years eve and the fireworks, wow!
I went outdoors in my garden, which was fully lit up by it, lol, I was surrounded by fireworks, stunning!

Still going on, but I got cold. I had a real good time though, first time in decades that I've been on my own NY eve.

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a great time.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 05:05 PM

WoW, how cool is that FOX!

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 08:33 AM

Wow, that's an interesting progression. Have you looked into your family tree at all?

Yep. Between my side and the wife's, there are seven generations of military service, spanning 180 years.

My son-in-law is an underwater welder in the Navy.

Now that's some serious history!

BTW, thanks for your service.

Have a Happy New Years to you and your family.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 08:28 AM
Someone wake Kristi up, the fireworks are about to start.

just practicing

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 08:23 AM
Yep, sorry guys, I think my brother instincts started to kick in there. I would hate to see a good friend get the axe, but I got that other side saying play it safe too.

I need to put on the Kinks and shutup.

that's better :)

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 08:04 AM

It's kinda sad really. You said he's a nice guy, but have you said that he sees you as a couple, I mean he says to you he wants to be with you as in a couple?

I guess I'm trying to paint a picture of this. He keeps saying "your together" or what? Or do you think it maybe a case where he is saying one thing and your taking it differently?

I've had friends that I went out with and we acted like a couple but completely friends that checked up on each other, but I guess what your saying is he is saying your in a dating "love" thing?

I hate to see anyone get hurt, but if he's thinking one thing and you another, I guess....kinda sad though.

It's VERY sad actually..
I've never said or done anything to the contrary of how I feel for him.. AS A FRIEND

He on the other hand, texts everyday.. not figuratively..literally!
I don't text my FAMILY everyday!...3 times a day!

and it's the nature of some of those texts... " I need Tee in my life".. " It's your world Tee"

I've never said anything like this to my best of bestest friends!

I'm not a teaser. I've never called him when I'm feeling sexy to get confirmation from him.. I've never kissed him around people or alone because I'm drunk! I have always been clear as crystal with him.
The last time He and I met up was early November but again he said creepy , stalker like phrases.

Yeah.. i'm gonna block him

Yep, sounds like the best thing maybe. Now I'm a little creeped out for you. He wouldn't do anything weird would he? Not to put fear where it doesn't belong but I was stalked twice and it wasn't fun.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 07:54 AM

Friends I need an ear! I have recently been having a serious dry spell with guyswhat I'm a friendly girl! I know lots of guys, and that's because I've put most of them in the friend zone.
My ex was/ is a terrible person, yet, I gave him chance after chance.
My friend is a " nice" guy but he is about as much fun as getting a Pap smear... ladies back me up!frown
So, No... I've never gone " there" with him and WILL never!

Okay... Let's lay it out. To women "Nice Guys" in the friend zone are guys that are just trying a different tact to manipulate you, ie: "If I contunue to be nice to her, and just hang around in a non-threatening way... she will eventually realize I'm the best thing for her and give me what I want." What men don't realize is... to women, this is the equivalent of the "Fat girl with low self-esteem" to men.

When you lower your standards to accept "whatever is easiest," you are picking "Low Hanging Fruit." Might as well pick the apples from the ground that are rotten because you don't have to climb the tree to put in effort and get the sweetest apples that get the most sunshine at the top. Never settle. The payoff is worth it.

I agree with this! I've told my friend repeatedly that there will NEVER be anything between us! He says .. "I know, We are just friends" yet, every time I turn around, He's sending texts " I miss you Tee, When are we going to hang out"
"I can't go tooo long without a Tee shot"

WTF? Really.. sad2 Even if I did slip and hook up with a friend!
It would never be him!

?? When you talk about him it almost sounds like he is not really a friend.

If your friends shouldn't you and he be friendly?

I'm probably missing the picture here.

Reviewing our " friend" relationship... You're right! We aren't friends.
I treat all of my friends the same... I don't treat him like I would everyone else! with other guy friends, I can call up and say " Hey, knucklehead let's hit the sports bar.. the Eagles are playing"
I have never and will never make an invitation like that to him... anytime I've "met up" with him it's been him calling and asking me to meet, IF I'm already out!

Isn't that something. Well it does sound like he has the hots for you and doesn't know what to do about the answer no. I've had this happen a few times but I think women must have to deal with this a lot more cause of the man fantasy thing.

The more I hear you talk about it, it does sound a little scary doesn't it.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 07:44 AM
It's kinda sad really. You said he's a nice guy, but have you said that he sees you as a couple, I mean he says to you he wants to be with you as in a couple?

I guess I'm trying to paint a picture of this. He keeps saying "your together" or what? Or do you think it maybe a case where he is saying one thing and your taking it differently?

I've had friends that I went out with and we acted like a couple but completely friends that checked up on each other, but I guess what your saying is he is saying your in a dating "love" thing?

I hate to see anyone get hurt, but if he's thinking one thing and you another, I guess....kinda sad though.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 07:31 AM

My Grandfather flew combat in WWII.

My father flew combat in Vietnam.

Three guesses what I did in Desert Storm.

First the Marines, then Orange County SO. (Calif)

Those were the jobs, being a pilot was my career. It was probably mapped out for me before I was born. shades

MOS 7558 attached to HMLA-169 ( The Vipers) Call Sign Copperhead.

Wow, that's an interesting progression. Have you looked into your family tree at all?

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 07:22 AM
I love threads like these, cause I get to look outside of my little world and see how others live.

I really don't think I would have been qualified to do anything outside of who I am. Being myself has always been my job.

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 07:05 AM
Hi Tee

Is this the same guy who was your friend in your OP in the "too picky" thread?

no photo
Tue 12/31/13 06:34 AM

Friends I need an ear! I have recently been having a serious dry spell with guyswhat I'm a friendly girl! I know lots of guys, and that's because I've put most of them in the friend zone.
My ex was/ is a terrible person, yet, I gave him chance after chance.
My friend is a " nice" guy but he is about as much fun as getting a Pap smear... ladies back me up!frown
So, No... I've never gone " there" with him and WILL never!

Okay... Let's lay it out. To women "Nice Guys" in the friend zone are guys that are just trying a different tact to manipulate you, ie: "If I contunue to be nice to her, and just hang around in a non-threatening way... she will eventually realize I'm the best thing for her and give me what I want." What men don't realize is... to women, this is the equivalent of the "Fat girl with low self-esteem" to men.

When you lower your standards to accept "whatever is easiest," you are picking "Low Hanging Fruit." Might as well pick the apples from the ground that are rotten because you don't have to climb the tree to put in effort and get the sweetest apples that get the most sunshine at the top. Never settle. The payoff is worth it.

I agree with this! I've told my friend repeatedly that there will NEVER be anything between us! He says .. "I know, We are just friends" yet, every time I turn around, He's sending texts " I miss you Tee, When are we going to hang out"
"I can't go tooo long without a Tee shot"

WTF? Really.. sad2 Even if I did slip and hook up with a friend!
It would never be him!

?? When you talk about him it almost sounds like he is not really a friend.

If your friends shouldn't you and he be friendly?

I'm probably missing the picture here.

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 09:04 PM
I'm sorry, I keep looking at this title and get this visual of an attachment younger guys need to be able to have sex with an older woman.

I know, I need help.

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 08:57 PM

Your question makes little sense.

People all have different interests as they grow up. Just because they are interested in entertainment, has nothing to do with their entrepreneurial future. Furthermore, even if they do pursue acting, music, modeling or whatever as a career, they can still be entrepreneurs... they would have a business... the product is themselves or their skills.

Yeah what he said

or the Kardashians got the market cornered

howdy ponyman

happy new year

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 08:45 PM
Hi Tee

Just saw this, so I haven't read through it all yet, but I already have a thought.

I just go with the flow and so do the people who hang out with me including women I see. I was the same way when married and so was my wife. I think, we think, too much and today is a different day than in the past and people are not knowing as much about how to be with each other. It use to be that there were clear lines when seeing someone or having friends from what I have seen in others and now that times have changed a little we are second guessing the why's and why not's.

Today is more like me, and I actually feel more comfortable about how things work between friends and lovers. I think it was Artgurl who said that people are getting too uptight about the labels and it keeps them from living a freedom that is out there to enjoy (sorry for the paraphrase "S"). I'm not suggesting being loose, but maybe taking a look at your friendships and enjoying these people on a deeper level. You might find them to be far more attractive (maybe not to you) than you thought and it doesn't really matter if they are not for you, but seeing that they are for someone changes us. I love going out or hanging out with my girlfriends regardless if it is about me or someone else, and as they get to know me deeper if we haven't known each other long, realize I'm not sizing them up for me, but sizing them up in general cause I love them. And their sizing me up. This gives them a great freedom with me and if I see they want more it's a lot easier for me to be considerate and upfront with them. I help them see why it's not me they really want and at the same time don't betray their womanhood.

does this make sense or am I smoking here?

Since I first saw you here, I saw how attractive you were and can see how expressive you are as well. I think your guys friends if you are just yourself with them would be thrilled to be with you, and if true friends would see that you are cool to be with at whatever level, and if they want more and you don't you have the tact and power to make them feel at ease. If they don't get it maybe you have grown beyond them. There are many guys who never get it and only think of their own needs and can't look at the big picture of happiness for all. Those guys I don't see being right for a lot of you girls I read on here, but there are a lot of other guys out there that "are" grown up and sometimes maybe girls are over looking them and their treasures.

Picking a guy is no longer like shopping for clothes. Sure you could try on a ton of them, but don't you want to mingle to see if they really fit? Sometimes I look on here and still only see people staying on the surface but hearing them say they want to go deep. Well, there are a lot of guys out there and going deep is only as hard as us letting down guards. If we go through life with a fence around us we should be ready to only meet people with those same fences. Each one wondering who's going to drop their guard first. That to me sounds backward.

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 07:59 PM

Hahaha I very seldom see the New Year come in for I'm sound to sleep normally.... So far don't have anything planned at all... who knows....bigsmile

Well, it's not too late to get your butt over here.

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 07:45 PM

I would go back and try to convince Mark Chapman to shoot David Bowie instead of John Lennon! lol

If you knew Bowie you probably wouldn't have said that. But losing John was a tough one to take.

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 07:35 PM

If you feel comfortable with it, and she isn't giving off any bad impression could be she just wants to get to know you on a different level. Doesn't mean shes out for the worst i have emailed to message off site before. It may also be easier for her then this websites layout. I wouldn't look to far into it

bingo! Mingle is a cool world and we love it, but there's a world (a few of them I hear) outside of Mingle, and I have had some cool times when taking something from here to the outside of here.

Everything has a context and a place. Sometimes that place is here and sometimes not. No reason why they can't co-mingle.

Did you guys like the way I fit "mingle" in co-mingle?

Nope. Hated it. hahaha

Oh well, I tried. Happy New Year Izzy!

no photo
Sun 12/29/13 07:31 PM

I usually fall asleep before the new year rings in, but now that I have a later work schedule I will be up for it this year! I grew up watching Dick Clark, and will probably continue the tradition with Ryan Seacrest. I've always stayed home on the New Year as there is too much commotion for me out & about. Happy New Year to you MG!

Happy New Year Buddy! Where ever I end up I'm sure Ryan will be on a screen. Every place will being showing all the events as the night rolls on. Heck my neighbor didn't get the memo and has been firing things off all ready. Or it's a western gunfight.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25