Community > Posts By > Mystique42

Mystique42's photo
Thu 03/08/12 02:27 PM
How high is intelligence on your list of qualities? Let's say you meet a thoughtful, caring person but they don't understand what you consider simple words and phrases. When you are looking for a teamplayer.... does intelligence matter?

Mystique42's photo
Thu 03/01/12 03:24 PM
Hello all.... thank you so much for your support. My son and son-in-law did fix one problem. The shower and mold issue is a whole other ball game, and I have honestly felt so overwhelmed lately that I haven't done too much to fix the problem. This double wide has a stand up shower and you can't buy the faucet at home depot... I know, cus I looked. It's an 8" bar, but what has me concerned is the mold behind the outer wall.... makes me wonder what is behind the knobs and wall behind the shower. I guess I have a bad feeling the whole darn thing.... shower and all may need replacing. I am thankful there are two baths in this mobile home! Praise GOD for that!

As for a local minister, I stopped going to church when the minister got up in front of the church and stated a woman would never be in leadership in the church. I'm sorry but God seems to have put me in leadership of raising this very special little boy I adopted with Down syndrome. So I do believe GOD DOES put women in powerful positions. Weird thing is today he sent me an email saying he is sorry for the spam that was sent.... so I asked him about Carpenters For Christ. That seems to be only in Lancaster from what I can tell online. I'm in northeast PA.

My mom is not doing well, severe back pain with the COPD. I know it's not good and last time she got like this it turned to pneumonia and she ended up in the hospital. It's terrible cus I feel like I'm waiting for a call saying she is back in the hospital. It's hard not being able to be there right now, but I know if I had gone last weekend and she got sick like she did.... I would have been blaming myself thinking Noah gave her his cold.

My job is very stressful right now. I feel like I'm taking a crash course on how to run a classroom in an emotional support classroom, and learning everything in less than two weeks time. It's a LOT and the worst thing is knowing the aide leaving told me that working for this teacher is not easy either. I seem to continue to pray for a job with less stress and benefits. When there is no school... I don't get paid and summer will be here before long. I guess it's a matter of living one day at a time some days.

I don't own the land this trailer is on pacific. I am buying the doublewide for Noah. I feel like I'm waiting to get a second wind of energy here. Tomorrow is the last day for the aide who is leaving, and next week ought to be nuts without her. She really knew her stuff, but she's been with the school district for five years.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 02/26/12 07:22 PM
Thank you for your prayers! My son and son-in-law was able to fix the chimney issue this weekend. I'm so thankful for that. I have another issue, which I thought was a simple fix... faucet... turned out behind the wall it was all black mold. However, I'm thankful to know about the problem so it can get fixed. I'm well aware of the health issues with black mold. Boy if it's not one thing.... it's another! KEEPS ME HOPPING! Found out I can not buy a faucet from Home Depot when it's a double wide shower.... they don't even sell a matching one for a stand up shower. I will try and contact the people Pacific mentioned above. Carpenters For Christ doesn't seem to be around here as far as I can tell.

Mystique42's photo
Fri 02/24/12 09:33 PM
Tonight the wind picked up and I heard a loud crash.... sounded like glass breaking. Anyway I get my lil one to bed and go outside to see if I see any broken glass, but I notice my round metal chimney rolling around on the roof. I bought a doublewide not too long ago, and so here I am praying that I find someone to help fix this.

It's been a rocky week... an aide at school is leaving and suddenly I am expected to learn her job and she runs the classroom. I'm going from working with one student to overseeing classrooms of kids and there is no pay raise in this. The job pays less than McDonalds but it works for me with my special needs son born with Down syndrome, two holes in his heart, and two holes in one eye. I adopted this little man who is depending on me. Right now I am praying for financial blessings to come, and for the help I need to fix this problem. Every time there is no school... there is no pay for me. We just had a day and a half off. I've been hoping for other opportunities to come to help me better provide for my child. I guess the added experience helps at this time, but I really do need a better paying job with benefits.

For those who were praying about my parents... they did celebrate their 40th anniversary and they renewed their vows in the nursing home. They were reunited, and are doing fine at this present time. My mom has COPD and is dying from it, and my stepdad has dementia... it's been a rough year so far. However, our prayers were answered in that they were placed back together and that they did see their anniversary together and have a fantastic time renewing their vows. My mom is only in her sixties, and it's so sad to see her struggling and in a wheel chair. The good news is she wanted to go and play Bingo last I saw her, and THAT is a huge blessing. For awhile there we thought we were going to lose her.

I do believe in prayer. I asked my son to come and look at the roof, but he certainly doesn't have any experience working with this kind of stuff. I am praying he either finds the knowledge to help or that someone else steps forward.

They say if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it. So here I am praying God brings us through this. I have a lot on my plate right now, and I really could use a little help from the good Lord above.

My little guy has been coughing, and it seems like one thing after another around here anymore.

Mystique42's photo
Thu 02/02/12 06:15 PM
excuse me... coming thru... move over! I'm here for the win! laugh

Mystique42's photo
Thu 02/02/12 06:11 PM
Saying a prayer for everyone. How blessed you all were to have each other for as long as you did!

Mystique42's photo
Tue 01/31/12 02:57 PM
Interesting thread.... I certainly have had some experiences.... anyone ever been to Gettysburg?

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/30/12 06:20 PM
I definately do believe in the afterlife.

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:32 PM
I use to collect Boyds Bears with sayings on them like "keep looking up"... and I also use to college porcelain dolls. Now I just collect memories knowing they take up much less space.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/29/12 12:04 PM
Mikey, Thinking of you today. Prayers being sent as well!

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/29/12 11:51 AM
Joy, my thoughts are with you today. It must be very hard taking care of your Dad. Last night my stepdad had seizures and his blood sugar dropped, and he had just been reunited with my mom this week. It seems like one obstacle after another. Yet I pray for God's peace and wisdom during this time in my life.

Hugs being sent!

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/29/12 11:41 AM
UPDATe: Last night my stepdad was taken to the hospital. He had seizures and his blood sugar dropped and they had problems getting it back up. He is not a diabetic... so not sure what happened there. Thing is he has dementia and so he believes he was having dinner and was in an accident and that is the reason he is in the hospital according to him. My mom told me he was in the bathroom and they had a hard time getting to him since the door was locked. It was a pretty traumatic experience for my mom who suffers with breathing problems due to the COPD as it is. My little boy and I spent the evening with my mom playing scrabble, while my other sister went to the hospital to be with my stepdad.

It does get exhausting, but I tell myself they are still here... one more day and that is how I live my life.... one day at a time.

My ex is now going to play games with the child support.... he's changed it twice already and I really am very upset that he can't just leave well enough alone and do his darn part. (venting)

Praying for a good week. Unfortunately my little one and I were ill on Friday and this means I missed an IEP meeting on the only half a day of work I had. Thing is when I don't go to work, I don't get paid. I continue to pray for God to open doors... and the minister's wife continues to tell me how one day God will open up the door and I will find a Christian man who treats me better than anything I ever experienced. It's been two years now and I just don't see any miracle happening. However, I have my hands full with my very special little boy and my parents as it is.

I am hoping things get better soon. This sure can get tiring after awhile... one obstacle after another. I am just SO GLAD I have my friends on Mingle!

Mystique42's photo
Fri 01/27/12 04:46 PM
GOOD NEWS.... my mom and stepdad are back together in the same nursing home now! YAY! Their 40th anniversary is coming up on Feb 12th... and what a wonderful thing that they are together.

My mom does now have a cyst on her elbow... seems like if it's not one thing it's another, but the most important thing is that they are together and boy what a change in him being with her. THAT IS LOVE!

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/23/12 06:51 PM
rofl :laughing: rofl

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/23/12 04:38 PM
I haven't gotten the night sweats at all.... not looking forward to that either. lol

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/23/12 02:28 PM
I noticed I became light headed the day I just began spotting. Now I am bleeding like crazy... 3rd day. I was running to bathroom every half hour there for a bit today. I became very concerned about the light headed ness when I wasn't even bleeding badly but thought maybe it's all hormone related. If you have had perimenopause... what symptoms did you have?

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/23/12 02:14 PM
aging

Mystique42's photo
Mon 01/23/12 02:13 PM
My mother always told me her MRSA was internal, not external.... and she has pneumonia.

Mystique42's photo
Sun 01/22/12 06:34 PM
drinker

Mystique42's photo
Sat 01/21/12 08:58 PM
rain

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25