Community > Posts By > Sommer41

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/02/09 04:12 AM

Well lookey here!!!!!:heart:

hello Lovely!

Welcome Sommer!

As to the OP....

Bonny, I haven't read the rest as yet, so am unsure of the whole story...

however, I am curious as to why this woman has such an intense drive to reproduce...

And hello Lethal...

Thank you.

I would say her drive to reporduce is that she could well be mourning her loss of her babies...

I think it is outrageous that no person in the ss in the UK has not even spotted and investigated this...

Good to see you lady.

Heya Sommer...it's 'Jess' or Lee over here...:wink:

and yes I heard the same thing... there's a quiet desperation woven into this article..

I am wondering also, there is no mention of criminal convictions...if that is the case, I also wonder at the severity of neglect, or abuse...

Ooops, sorry, Jesse.

I am not the best advocate for the UK Social Services. Given their recent history where five children have died when they were involved, and 'missed' vital signs of neglect and abuse...

I would also, to be able to give a balanced opinion, have to see the allegations of neglect.

It's a tough one this.

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/02/09 04:08 AM

Ahhhhh....ok.

My impressions of that article, although well reported, is certainly out to slant the reader to viewing these people in a negative light.

I would be very curious to learn why each child was taken from them...I wonder whether a precedent has been set now, and there is not much investigation done, into the care of the child in question, at the time..

The sister? Vitriolic!

I notice she didn't take responsibility for any of her nieces or nephews...that speaks volumes to me, and diminishes what the sister has to say.

I wonder, with close monitoring, if this couple could prove themselves to be fit parents...seems they dont get the opportunity to.

You make good points, I saw immediately that it was the 'Mail' which is a rag that loves sensalisation, that was my first thought.

Then as the story went on, I saw the sister, who as you say is vitriolic and calling for a forced sterlisation, which is ridiculous, what are they going to do? Shackle the woman to a bed while they tie her tubes? That is the daftest comment I have ever seen.

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/02/09 03:58 AM

Well lookey here!!!!!:heart:

hello Lovely!

Welcome Sommer!

As to the OP....

Bonny, I haven't read the rest as yet, so am unsure of the whole story...

however, I am curious as to why this woman has such an intense drive to reproduce...

And hello Lethal...

Thank you.

I would say her drive to reporduce is that she could well be mourning her loss of her babies...

I think it is outrageous that no person in the ss in the UK has not even spotted and investigated this...

Good to see you lady.

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/02/09 03:34 AM
This is a fascinating topic, a sad one too, I might add.

Having read the story, it fills me with dread, firstly at the mother's reasons for having another child and second, social services in the UK, who are sometimes heavy handed and other times, completely inept at what they do.

Neglect was a reason for removing these children, this I can understand, but the mother is lashing out and blaming Social workers and this is the only way she can fight back.

Completely wrong. They should never allowed her to have 13 children, if one was neglected, then why not remove the child, to foster parents and with support and help, have parenting classes, that has to be much cheaper than all of the care, time and money, from the medical profession, social services and the courts, not to mention being much kinder than this. With a view to reuniting child and mother and mother can be guided and mentored, rather than scorned.

This woman clearly lacks emotional intelligence, but she will be suffering the loss of all of these children, whether she deserves it or not, I blame the system for allowing this to go for so long, it is ridiculous and I am not so sure a forced sterilisation is the answer.

The woman needs help, some real help, and it is not too late with this child, she can be monitored, as can the child, but to keep taking babies away, and then do nothing to further prevent this, to help this mother is frankly saddening.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 02:36 PM

Welcome to the zoo...but beware the monkeys...they fling poo! scared

Hi, have just worked out who you are...

Poo? Ah, will step over that...

Thank you for the welcome, from one zoo to the next.

As long as you don't try to catch it.tongue2

Hello, you are very welcome here Lady.flowers

And thank you invisible, it is lovely to be here.

I won't catch it, I hate getting my hands dirty.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:58 PM

Welcome to the zoo...but beware the monkeys...they fling poo! scared

Hi, have just worked out who you are...

Poo? Ah, will step over that...

Thank you for the welcome, from one zoo to the next.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:53 PM
I'm quite sure there will be some that know me.

But I look forward to contributing to your forums, it all looks really rather fabulous.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:48 PM

Its terrible to meet ya!

Ha, I like that line.

Damn terrible to meet you too...

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:19 PM

Hi everybody ! is there anyone willing to use this site for communication in Vienna ??

There are not many people from Austria, here then???

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:05 PM

Welcome. We really like Austrians!

I like them too.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 01:05 PM

welcome to the looney bin, may i assist you in your straightjacket?

That bad eh?

Ah well, one will dip her toe in gently...

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 05:30 AM
Thank you for all the welcome.

I hope to enjoy my time in the forums.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 03:16 AM
Hi there and good morning to you and thank you for the welcome.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/01/09 03:08 AM
I am terribly new, my name is Sommer, I am 41 and live in Austria.

1 2 3 5 Next