Community > Posts By > Sommer41

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/26/09 02:44 AM

(I'm being dramatic)laugh

Am sat here, all primped and gussied up ready for a big day out in the nearest retail therapy town, for a day of debaucherous fun with the girls...

....and was supposed to be collected at 8 .30....it's now 10.15...ohwell

I thought I was memorable....seems I've been forgotten!

How is this so??? MOI???:angry:

Am so devastated...(not really)...I keep getting the giggles wondering when they notice that the car is VERY quiet, and something is just not right... laugh

We don't have mobile coverage between here and the big town...so am chuckling thinking of the ' OH SH *T !! we forgot something'...phone call to come.

rofl

What do you do when you get forgotten???

I find it hard to imagine any person forgetting you, Jess!

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/12/09 04:08 AM
Hum.

Some people believe that love will conquer all.

Ask a person which would one prefer, love or money? They will choose love.

Espectially in a forum, a dating one.

I think your statement needed some weight behind it, but still, I'll beef it up for you.

A relationship where there is one partner who is financially solvent and one not, for me will not work.

I don't want to support a person, I don't want them living in my home.

If a man has not similar ethics to me, then I am not going to be interested.

I could not love a man who did nothing, who was massively in debt through irresponsibility.

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/12/09 03:54 AM
I use Skypw, I have an aocount with them and make all my International calls via Skype.

I have excellent sound quality most of the time, no worse than a usual cell phone.

I also have a Skype phone, where I can pick up calls where I am away from tne PC.

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/09/09 04:16 AM

I guess you people against spanking a child are really FOR kids becoming spoiled little brats, huh? Look how many people in MY generation have become that way, disrespecting their parents, talking back, getting what they want...cuz they parents are not good parents. They don't discipline their children.

Walk me through this one, will you?

I have three children, one of 21, one of 19 and one of 18.

So, by your theory you find that parents who have never spanked their children, are not good parents?

Tell me what a good parent is? What a bad parent is?

And also, you mention that children who are not spanked become spoiled little brats...

Sommer41's photo
Sun 08/09/09 12:57 AM

I try to think of myself not as an optimist or a pessimist but a realist. I realize that if I do not find someone particularly attractive, then the relationship will not proceed anywhere romantically. It's just a matter of personal preference, really. Obviously, if somebody who is not "my type" messages me seeking just that, how do I let them off easily, without seeming shallow? Do you believe that such a preference makes me shallow?

I fail to see how complicated this can be.

If a person seeking you, you do not find attractive, then simply say you are not interested.

It's that easy, 'I am not interested, best of luck in your search'

Worrying about what they look like, whether you have little depth to your character, is a waste of time.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 03:01 PM

Beautiful and weird at the same time, Bonny.

I have been to Giant's Causeway.

I must, I simply must go to the Ice Hotel here in Austria, now you have inspired me.

One of those things that is so close, but you never get around to doing it and I live 20 minutes from there... An excursion for my students I think.

I think I will be traveling a lot more in the new year, so many wonderful places to visit.

Indeed, I love travel, it makes me more tolerant as a person.

Where do you plan to go? I have just returned home from the US, England and Sweden, away for six weeks altogether, school holidays, but I am home in Austria now and know that I cannot get away now until Christmas.

I hope to be in Barbados come December, my sister and her Austrian husband will be there too. Where did you visit when you were in England?

Lovely Bonny, Christmas in Barbados!

My daughter is studying in London, then I went to Stratford upon Avon as I have some friends living there and then to the NW, to see my father, who is English.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:57 PM

Have sex with oprah

I just spat my water out in astonishment at that admission.

Why?

You wouldn't?

Fraid I am diametrically opposed to you on this one, sex with Oprah is not blowing my skirt up nor is it on my bucket list.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:52 PM

Have sex with oprah

I just spat my water out in astonishment at that admission.

Why?

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:49 PM

I must, I simply must go to the Ice Hotel here in Austria, now you have inspired me.

One of those things that is so close, but you never get around to doing it and I live 20 minutes from there... An excursion for my students I think.

I think I will be traveling a lot more in the new year, so many wonderful places to visit.

Indeed, I love travel, it makes me more tolerant as a person.

Where do you plan to go? I have just returned home from the US, England and Sweden, away for six weeks altogether, school holidays, but I am home in Austria now and know that I cannot get away now until Christmas.

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 02:37 PM

Sommer41's photo
Sat 08/08/09 09:52 AM
I find your idea completely bizarre!

Scammers are people, who are brainwashed into sending mass mails to people on places such as these. Free dating sites are packed to the rafters with scammers, and I mean those ones who write not just from overseas, but from probably your country too. They may be looked upon as criminals and with scorn, but I accept that they are here and that we run that risk of running into them, but they are no big deal and treat them as you would junk mail, delete them.

Scammers are easy to deal with, report any scam mail to the moderators, sending them back mails, does not remove them does it? Nor will they probably read it. So, it may you give you some personal satisfaction, frankly I would find it a waste of my time.

As for their 'poor English' Well, that's another topic, I have seen native speakers with terrible written skills in English language.

Sommer41's photo
Thu 08/06/09 05:43 PM

what i meant to say is..... it was three months before i had sex again sense my husband has ed its hard to get it up.. so with those three months i stopped taking my birthcontrol... well july we got busy.... both didnt think about not being safe...just the heat of the moment due to not getting it any more.... and with my daughter i had the same symtoms really really early... when i found out i was pregnant the dr said i was less then 10 days after conception.. i was sick a week after i had, had sex....

so i am waiting to see if i am pregnant but i have to wait another 11 days tell i "get" my period...

sorry for the mess up :cry:

Hey no worries, this makes sense to me (and I am a foreigner, so it does take me longer)

You have to wait eleven days? Aren't there tests these days that can test immediately?

Your husband, I assume is being treated for his ED?

Sommer41's photo
Thu 08/06/09 12:25 PM

ok girls... i havent had sex in 3 months and havent used birthcontrol in that same time... well i had sex 3 days after my period....sooo.. my period started july 21 and ended july 27... had sex on the 30th... well.... now i feel sick when i eat. when i dont eat. when i move to fast, i have more headaches, well i went on line to the ovulation calculaters and each one said this.... my cycle last 23 days.... and from the first day of my last period my most fertile day is..... JULY 30TH....it says thats when i ovulated.... does this sound true to you guys?

I am well baffled...

You have not had sex for three months, but then you had sex on the 30th July?

It sounds a load of old carp to me...

Sommer41's photo
Thu 08/06/09 12:07 PM
I sort of find this odd in two ways...

In that people get themselves mixed up in these situations and then have to ask the question...

Sommer41's photo
Thu 08/06/09 03:33 AM

Invisible, both you and Sherrie have tried to teach me the art of hand sitting for years....if only I would have listened...slaphead :wink:

Sommer...I am all about full disclosure... put it out there..and have someone objective adjudicate, if emotion clouds reason.

Some sites are more arbitrary yes...and give no indication as to why action is taken.

This site has a very open book policy, and I have ALWAYS been informed where I have crossed the line, and in no uncertain terms have I ever been suspended, without an absolutely warranted reason.

I refuse to be less...to be a yes person...however I can learn to be silent.

Yes, this is why I like it here, I feel and from the mouth propoganda I have had, that the moderators are fair and will inform you when one oversteps the mark, at least then a person has the ability to recover it.

Unlike some places we could mention, eh ladies?

I will say what I think, but if I find something that I know I will say something that may not sit very well with me, I often just walk away.

I like the discussions, I am fond of a lot of threads, ones like these where people can express themselves and be open I do like and of course the ones that I am passionate about and the ones where I learn something.

I'm off for some good lunch now in my garden, weather is beautiful here and it seems a waste to be inside, as wonderful as you gals are...

Sommer41's photo
Thu 08/06/09 03:12 AM

I haven't got a 'nice' bone in my body...

I haven't got the capacity to be a sucker upperer...

There is no room in me to say 'yes' when I mean no.

I have an opinion, and it is mine...it is unwavering, and not able to be conflicted by some needy urge to be liked.

In a debate, I am quite capable of hearing the other side....and respect the differences, and be respectful.

Respectful, is not nice....nice is insipid...respectful is authentic.

Am I liked for who I am? Definitely not. (and the evidence is quite plain)

The great part of it is that I always know who truly finds me comfortable to be around, and those that don't.

There are no blurred lines.

This IS who I am...if you met me on the street, I would be exactly the same...

There are rules attached to the privilege to post here...and although I've crossed them often, skirted close to the line, and blatantly defied them...they are here.

Yes they minimise me....but it's tough (too bad)....I want to interact with others, I have to toe the line.

However in every aspect of my life, I cannot be a 'yes' person....on here, sometimes, I have to learn to be silent.

Well, Jessecles, I couldn't agree more with you...

I have no wish to break rules, but if another decides that I have crossed them, then I would at least like to be given the chance to recover that.

But then, I have been on sites, where there is little censorship and I have still been able to be me.

Without being rude. The only difference there is that, people do not resort to behind the scenes nonsense as they can have it all out in the open and that I much prefer, then they all meet up regularly and no person has a problem.

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/05/09 05:59 AM

Hi Sommer, hope your day is going swimmingly well.waving

I think for the most part, like yourself,I (as you say) shrug my 'internet shoulders' in certain situations, I am too long in the tooth to babysit other's opinions (adults) I do care and strive to make a difference to the students I have in my charge and to those adults who feel that my example makes a difference. I detest missing an opportunity of reaping from the orchard of young minds.My passing years have taught me a lot and has stood me in good stead, I have entered my "I know who I am, I am comfortable in my own skin and know where I am going phase" I am enjoying every second of it.

I have been accused of being argumentative by someone here on this forum, did that label upset me? Hell no!! I carried on regardless

Hi Bonny

I am filing ma nails, taxing eh?

I completely understand you. In some respects I deal with forum behaviour as I would deal with something face to face, with a person I know and this brings me to my point, that I do feel that many people are cushioned in forums, they have the audience, people can come in and say 'there, there'

Take them out of that safety net and it would be a whole different kettle of fish, they would be lost and unable to handle such a situation.

I have been accused, like you of many things, cold, that I have a superiority complex, I act headmistressy, patronising and aloof.

Thing is, I quite like all of those titles, it keeps people away from me that I would cross the street to avoid.

I am with you in that I am comfortable with who I am, where I am in life, how I look and have none of those hangups and questions that I see with many people, of my age.

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/05/09 05:51 AM

This makes me smile, clap and jump for joy, I think it is fabulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Omg I have tears rolling down my cheeks! Best wedding entrance EVER!

Wonderful isn't it?

I really get a great feeling when I watch that...

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/05/09 05:19 AM
This makes me smile, clap and jump for joy, I think it is fabulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Sommer41's photo
Wed 08/05/09 05:16 AM

I am guarded almost all of the time when I am here, reason? I don't think I want to be too open to all and sundry on the internet. I am not sure if people are who they say they are ( and vice versa) For the best part I have a good timehere and cannot say that I have had too many "confrontational" posts. I take people on the internet at face value, to evaluate each person's character here on this site is a daunting prospect,too many differences.

However, I like to think I am fair-minded and accept (for the most part)people for who they seem to be.........Does that make me a "yes" person? Perhaps, but then, I don't care how people perceive me,they are entitled to their own opinions and I respect that.Those who are important to me are living in the same town as myself and I can visit them knowing they accept me for who I am, and I them.BTW, Invisible, I can see you. laugh

Hi Bonny

I have not been here very long, but I do feel a sense of what you say above, certainly cemented by the few exchanges you and I have had in a topic.

I am fond of the 'yes person' term and that I describe in my 'nice' arena, I have come across those 'yes people' and if that works for them, fabulous, but I do avoid them, because I like a discussion and a one liner does not do much for me in a debate. Even when a person disagrees with me, I can somehow sense that they are a person I would like to have more discussions with.

There are not many topics that I shy away from and for those that know me from another forum, they would nod their heads in agreement, but I cannot control how others feel about my writing.

Ultimately, I can log off, I can walk away with a click of the button. I call it self responsibility, I take what I write as my own, I take responsibility for it and if I have offended any person, I will make good, but if they choose to continue some campaign against me and attempt to discredit me, then I shrug my internet shoulders and sigh 'ah well'

Why I never feel harrassed or stalked, as many I have come across do.

Nice to see you again...

Previous 1 3 4 5