Community > Posts By > SuzinVA

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 07:00 AM

I usually stick to my brand names favorites too. Just tea said 'orange and black pekoe' (which is the blend i drink daily) so I thought it was worth a try! I do use inexpensive shampoo and cream rinse and have no trouble with it. I think some substitutes are as good as their more expensive counter parts...so was wondering what else works and doesn't based on others experience.

Thanks for responding all! flowerforyou

If you have a Trader Joe near you, their tea prices are usually far less than a regular grocery store and quality is just as good if not better, IMO. Actually, you can get a lot of things cheaper and better at TJ than a regular grocery store.

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 06:20 AM
And, your point? ohwell

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 06:00 AM
I agree.

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 05:35 AM
And, I know she irritates the heck out of many people, but Rachel Ray really does have some good ideas for quick, healthy meals. 30 minutes in some cases might be pushing it but there's a lot that's very doable in a short period of time. My son likes her cookbooks a lot.

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 05:19 AM
I think most people do. But, you know, for many things it doesn't take any more time to throw something decent and healthier together than it does to go out, hit the drive-thru and come home again. What it does take, though, is having a decently stocked cupboard and a little planning.

But, I'm with you. There are just some days that I simply cannot face the kitchen.

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 05:15 AM
My father was a cop, it is a VERY hard existence for the family. And if he says he's busy, he is, it's a 24/7/365 job for most of them. And it is stressful, not only on him but it will be on you as well. Law enforcement also has a high rate of addiction and yes, cheating. Anything that reduces the stress level. Whether or not he loves you or wants a future with you is moot at this point, because it seems to me that you may not be able to accept that you and your potential life together will come 2nd to his job, 99% of the time anyway. That is only something you can decide. And you must be brutally honest with yourself. Love, at this point, has nothing to do with it. Right now, acceptance is what needs addressing. If you feel you can happily and joyfully accept all of that, only then can you address love and marriage.

I wish you luck, after what I went through with my dad, I've made it point not to date cops as I know I cannot do that again. But, that's just me, there are many women who would have no problem with it.

no photo
Fri 09/18/09 02:22 AM
waving

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 02:53 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that's awful

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 01:14 PM
Oh great! Important stuff?

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 12:58 PM
((((((((Eileen))))))))

How's everything sweets? flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 06:58 AM
He didn't tell me. Just so you're not dead flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 06:11 AM
Hey, where've you been? huh

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 05:23 AM
Damn, I hadn't heard she died. How sad brokenheart :cry:

no photo
Thu 09/17/09 02:18 AM
flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 10:23 AM
I need a clone indifferent

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 08:11 AM
Life, in whatever form it takes flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:57 AM

frustrated Can i trade this here job for whats behind door number one?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: flowers flowerforyou :heart: smooched

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:51 AM

I'm a firm believer that the kind things we think of others should always be spoken, for often they go unsaid. flowerforyou

Suze... you're a rock. Just a rock.

Thanks Lilith flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:50 AM

ohwell Well, damn, I guess I can't complain about my headache, the itch in my throat that's making me cough, my burning eyes and being exhausted.

Seriously though, Quiet, having been on daily chemo for 12 years, I feel your pain, it's not easy but we do what we have to do. Good luck to you. flowerforyou

I had no idea Suz.... Wow! flowerforyou

It's not really that big a deal, Mitch, I work very hard to keep it a small part of my life. I only mention it if I think it may help someone else in some way.

no photo
Wed 09/16/09 07:35 AM
ohwell Well, damn, I guess I can't complain about my headache, the itch in my throat that's making me cough, my burning eyes and being exhausted.

Seriously though, Quiet, having been on daily chemo for 12 years, I feel your pain, it's not easy but we do what we have to do. Good luck to you. flowerforyou