Community > Posts By > JulietLe

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 08:18 PM
Edited by JulietLe on Thu 02/23/17 08:22 PM
Driving is how I'd most likely go! laugh waving

I found one book about hiking the PCT and found this whole cult of more books and sites (including the movie "Wild" that came out a couple years ago). It would be a life changing experience to do so, but huge time commitment!

Nice to see you again too Soufiehere! flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 08:01 PM
Has anyone hiked the PCT? I am not seriously thinking of doing the entire trail myself but I'm listening to books and reading about it and fascinated with the idea of taking a few months to hike up the coast.

Does anyone else feel a calling from the PCT?

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:55 PM
Dispatcher

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:49 PM
Branch Manager

Thanks MzRosie flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:39 PM
Zoo manager

Hi MzRosie waving

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:25 PM
Xml developer

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:17 PM
Good topic Peggy!

"Calm down" never sits well with me (though I can only remember one time when someone has said it to me).

The other one I don't care for at all.. "Don't take this the wrong way..."

When someone prefaces a statement with that, how can you help but take it the wrong way? laugh

no photo
Thu 02/23/17 07:10 PM
Zebulon - Rufus Wainwright

no photo
Mon 12/26/16 05:50 PM
Edited by JulietLe on Mon 12/26/16 05:54 PM
Praying for Time - George Michael

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John with George Michael

no photo
Sun 12/25/16 05:52 PM
Indeed, RIP George Michael. sad2

no photo
Sat 12/24/16 05:03 PM
Happy Hanukkah! :smile:

no photo
Thu 12/15/16 04:55 PM
Trolls. It's the cutest movie ever! :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/30/16 10:18 PM

THATS LIBERAL COUNTRY...

:thumbsup: drinker

no photo
Fri 11/25/16 03:35 PM

To a real American woman, the most desirable ones, there's no need to online-date. To the contrary, eager male pursuers are annoyingly plentiful.

huh Are you saying that the American women on this site aren't real?

Most of the American women on this site, though they quite well may be real, are not in the class looks-wise of, say for example, Claudia Schiffer or Cindy Crawford.

Women that attractive, if looking to just hook up, nowadays hang out on the mobile app Tinder. Or, to find something more long lasting, Hinge. Non-mobile apps like mingle2 are yesterday's oatmeal.

Having said that, I am now in conversation with a dame who hangs out on these forums. I'm...interested.

Yeah, I haven't found any guys in the class looks-wise of Adam Levine or Alexander Skarsgard here either. Maybe they are on Tinder also. whoa laugh

That was a joke. Just saying it's rather annoying that guys often knowingly or unknowingly manage to insult the gals that are here with comments like this. Not every gal needs to look like a model to be attractive. whoa

no photo
Mon 11/21/16 05:16 PM

I'll say it one more time. That's why you should go by who and what the person is. The person within. That's what matters. That matters more than anything really. Anything after that is superficial.

I respectfully agree and disagree. I agree that the 'person within' is what matters. I disagree that is separate from your political ideology. Political ideology is part of that. It's your personal values, ethics, beliefs that comprise your 'person within.'

no photo
Sun 11/20/16 04:54 PM
It's everyone's prerogative to decide what matters to them in selecting who they date, and it's everyone's prerogative to have an opinion that. No doubt about that.

I guess what is baffling to me is why isn't just understood that there is a big difference in viewpoints between liberals and conservatives? That is the issue as I see it. This is larger than simply an elected official one votes for every four years. It's a difference in one's world view that you use to form those decisions. I am not attracted to people that don't respect my thoughts and opinions, and while it's possible to have connections with those who view the world drastically differently, it's also logical to use your world view as a filter to decide who to date. To me that is a much more meaningful criteria than merely physical appearance, etc.

no photo
Sat 11/19/16 11:04 AM

Where do you draw the line? It's easy--just don't email those people. They're never going to change and you wouldn't be happy with them.

Correct. Respect that people have different affiliations, and if their affiliations are what they are passionate about, it's not a "silly" difference and it's certainly not shallow. I find the complete misunderstanding of the importance of this baffling.

no photo
Sat 11/19/16 09:56 AM
Edited by JulietLe on Sat 11/19/16 10:08 AM

I just hope some people aren't considering political preference a core value.

But political preference is based on core values. Otherwise, what is it based on?

I myself have pretty strong political views on some topics. I have close friends and family that have differing views. We can agree to disagree on topics, we can agree to just not talk about other topics. Do I want add people to my social circle (online or otherwise) where we don't have a lot of common ground? Not really. I think it actually makes sense for individuals to filter who they want to talk to based on that which they are passionate about.

no photo
Sat 11/19/16 08:37 AM

Well political views and affiliations reflect one's values, so of course it has an impact on relationships. This certainly isn't anything new. laugh

On the plus side, its good to know guys are reading the profiles. :thumbsup:

I just think it is the beginning of an ugly trend...and where do you draw the line?...

That's easy: we draw the line at the trivial. Core values are important in determining compatibility though.

no photo
Sat 11/19/16 07:57 AM
Well political views and affiliations reflect one's values, so of course it has an impact on relationships. This certainly isn't anything new. laugh

On the plus side, its good to know guys are reading the profiles. :thumbsup:

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25