no photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:03 AM

humans are imperfect, therefore any system run by humans will have imperfections

we can only strive to do 'better'

and Im not quite sure what period of 'justice' we should go back to,,,,,as I dont know of such a time where we had justice across the board here in america,,,(or anywhere else for that matter)

The idea of a republic with small regional governments is to prevent large tyrannies.

Small tyrannies are more easily overcome. We need to go back to a form of government that can only create a small regional tyranny at worst.

no photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:45 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Wed 02/06/13 08:47 AM

I am not sure what acausal means.

Acausal, as an adjective, may refer to:

In Jungian psychology, acausal may be a synonym of synchronistic, i.e., related by meaning rather than causation.

In engineering, acausal describes a system or filter whose output at time T depends partly on its input for some later time T+n.
In laymen terms.

Without cause.

Decisions have causes, often many more than we consciously know, this does not mean however that we cannot do otherwise.

I can choose to not duck the brick thrown my way . . .

no photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:37 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Wed 02/06/13 08:49 AM
This same mentality exists across our species. We ask, what are the odds, and instead of playing to win against the odds we risk it.

Not to go offtopic, but . . .
Not different when it comes to armed defense.

It does not even take the kind of anti-vaccine propaganda that has been steadily growing either. Understanding human nature is all it takes.

Personal experience motivates us more than any intellectual knowledge. That is my real point. Regardless of the science, humans are exceptionally dismissive of anything that falls outside of their personal experience. When vaccines were first produced they were much more dangerous, but the feelings toward them was the opposite . . why, because parents had first hand experience of the terrible disease that the vaccines protected against. They saw the difference first hand.

Critical thinking is about taking the time to acknowledge, and address such biases one decision at a time. Ask yourself, is my decision based on real data, or a feeling? If I found myself in such a situation is the risk worth the effort to remove it?

Is the severity of being the statistic outweigh the effort? Typically a resounding YES! This is true of all rare events where the outcome for being unprepared is death or great bodily harm.

I wear my seat-belt, I get my vaccines, I carry a defensive weapon, I keep medical insurance, I pay attention to science and seek out data to answer questions.

Do you?

no photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:34 AM
If by free you mean acausal. No.

If by free you mean can do otherwise, then yes.

no photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:34 AM
Joy

no photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:28 AM
Discrimination by any other name is still discrimination.

Judge people on their character, values, and actions.

no photo
Mon 02/04/13 01:42 PM

Except good guys do bad things and who decides who is a good guy, if they fear enough to want to carry a weapon, that makes them unreliable in and of itself so a gun in their hands just as dangerous...

People are silly...for real

Remember that saying from Forest Gump. Stupid is as stupid does.

Well Good is as Good does, and a person like Joel Myrick, or Vic Stacy, or the off duty sheriffs officer who goes unnamed here http://www.examiner.com/article/off-duty-cop-shoots-gunman-prevents-mass-shooting-at-theater

These are good people, who choose to carry a gun, and acted honorable.

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 01:09 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 02/01/13 01:10 PM
Value is representative says it all.

If nothing physical represents your money, then you have nothing backing you money.

Should read up on Brazil's history with Currency, Milk, and Money.

Here is NPR's take on it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2010/10/04/130329523/how-fake-money-saved-brazil

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 01:06 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 02/01/13 01:07 PM
I read an article somewhere that said some 8 million background checks have been cleared to purchase firearms since Sandy Hook.

I did pick up a little .22 pistol for pinking, but dammit if I can find cheap bulk ammo for it right now.

8 million, but not me, no background checks for concealed carry permit holders!

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:12 AM
Arguing with funches is like argument with Bacon about why it tastes so good.

Bacon is like . . . dude, I taste terrible . . . . TRUST ME!

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:10 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 02/01/13 07:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKRwPKLTgs I agree, we want violent people to have not a single bullet, and the mother protecting her child to have as many as she can have available.

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:07 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Fri 02/01/13 07:08 AM

And also in the news today - Wal-mart has said it is going to limit the amount of amo a person can buy per day
They already do this, not because it makes anyone safer, but because it allows more of there customers to get bullets.

In North Carolina Id call ahead to make sure my bullets were even in stock, this was before the whole rush.

Walmart has always had good prices on bullets, and it is quite normal for them to run out right after stocking the shelves.

The policy existed at every single walmart near my gun range for years, and again for no other reason than to keep stock for more than a day.

Now if you bought bullets, then came back you could buy more so it not like the jot down your name or anything.

I think it was 6 boxes maximum in NC where I was at . . . I have no problem with these kinds of consumer policies.

no photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:00 AM
Even if some guy who happens to own a gun did heckle the man, that has no bearing on me.

I am not responsible for anyone else.

Just because I own a gun doesn't mean all gun owners represent me.

Silly.

no photo
Thu 01/31/13 02:50 PM
When the case got to the courthouse, the state attorney declined to prosecute, saying there was little chance a jury would convict.

What he really means is that if they did convict that would offer us (Florida open carry and other such organizations) to be able to fight the vagueness of the word "brief" within the law removing the subjective ability of police to engage in such behaviors.

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 06:42 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Tue 01/29/13 06:44 PM

Are there any fans of misandry and the idea of female supremacy around here?
Yea I have heard of it . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/girlwriteswhat?feature=watch

Have you heard of GirlWritesWhat?

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 01:27 PM
I need a rigorous definition of entity.

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 01:24 PM
Ok first things first.

Yelling out, "Second amendment" is not heckling.

Heckling is:

heckling present participle of heck·le (Verb)
Verb

Interrupt (a public speaker) with derisive or aggressive comments or abuse.
Dress (flax or hemp) to split and straighten the fibers for spinning.

Second if a person is going to step up in public and offer up their solution to a problem, they should welcome criticism.

Shielding yourself from criticism using the emotional turmoil of a slain child is repugnant and should result in shame, not support.

Bad ideas are bad no matter who puts them forth, no matter who you are you need to realize when you step up in public you will be criticized for your opinions.

no photo
Tue 01/29/13 01:20 PM
This cannot be overstated.

no photo
Fri 01/25/13 12:50 PM

Simulation by What or Whom?
And,if the Universe is a Simulation,then we would be as well!
Kind of difficult for a Simulation to grasp they live in a Simulation!

I disagree. It would simply mean that we're actually artificial intelligence. Why do you think an artificial being couldn't grasp that it's artificial? This is just a flipped over version of religion. Isn't it?

Of course, we wouldn't know what or whom. But, it would prove the universe has a maker. A God if you will. Of course that god could be a 10 year old with an ant farm.
Artificial . . . as opposed to what?

no photo
Fri 01/25/13 12:19 PM

OMG! WE NEED TO BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS! CRIME WILL GO DOWN IF WE BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS!

scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared

Sorry, I had to go there!

So what do we ban to end crimes like this? Personal interaction? This is tragic and thankfully the perp was caught. This illustrates how people falsely equivocate crime in general with guns. No guns were used in the admission of this crime. Bare hands, Petrol, and a match were used!

This is why people need to learn to protect themselves. Where were the cops while she was being strangled?

do you think it would have happened if she had a gun?
Maybe, you can never know for sure. What we can know for sure is that his strength would not have stopped her from killing him if he had the opportunity to make use of a weapon like a firearm.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25