Community > Posts By > TheresMyFriend

no photo
Sat 05/01/10 11:09 AM

I think in the not so far future organ donation will become an outdated option. Stemcell research has shown more promising success rates, and people wont have to wait years on some list.

I believe desecrating ones body is totally up to the person (use whatever justification you want)... for me I choose not to be an organ donor.. indifferent

You know...it may not be too far into the future, where we order body parts, like you do when you order something from Sears & Roebuck catalog.

Or like a junk yard for auto parts, they just get on their network system, and ask if anyone has a certain part for a particular model of person...age, sex, etc, etc.

Wouldn't that be weird?

Yea...you guessed it...I'm bored with nothing to do!

drinker drinks

no photo
Sat 05/01/10 10:20 AM

It took me to the Hooter girls dressing room!!bigsmile :banana:

Damn! I got cheated again!! Lucky you!
drinker

no photo
Sat 05/01/10 10:18 AM
It took me to the main forums list...OK...

no photo
Sat 05/01/10 09:07 AM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Sat 05/01/10 09:08 AM

Hummmmmmm they can have my organs if they are any good but I'm being cremated I don't want my body being dissected and probed at then thrown a way........noway noway

At least make them treat you to a movie and a dinner, and a respectful hug at the door!

I mean...shssss, what is this world coming to?

Just like a relationship...probed and dumped...!

laugh drinks laugh

no photo
Fri 04/30/10 07:15 PM

yep, don't like being used..just ask, be honest and lets go at it..whatever it is.

What she said, 10X...
drinker

no photo
Fri 04/30/10 07:12 PM

Wow...I didn't know that...weird and funny too, if you think about it!

So, does that mean if someone with "moose knuckles" meets someone with "camel toes"...mean we have a winner or match?

what drinks what

hmmm wow Theresmyfriend now that was a strange and weird and funny comment...

Have you seen either a person with moose knuckles or a person with camel toes??? tongue2 I know a few people who have webbed toes (yours truly and yes I have two webbed toes and no it does not make me a better swimmer). so there :banana: drinks :laughing:

Well, now that you mention it...I have seen the "camel toe"...but I always just assumed it would be connected to the "camel legs" in some way (although the toe is closer to the top of the leg, instead of toward the ankle)...that in its self was weird too.

drinks

no photo
Fri 04/30/10 06:42 PM
Wow...I didn't know that...weird and funny too, if you think about it!

So, does that mean if someone with "moose knuckles" meets someone with "camel toes"...mean we have a winner or match?

what drinks what

no photo
Fri 04/30/10 09:41 AM

"Topic: "This is Alabama; we speak English here" - WTF!"

sorry

that made me laugh

Have you ever heard someone from Alabama speak?

I've lived in Texas and Alabama...and to my experience...not any difference in listening to either one speaking...sounds like the same dialect!

drinker

no photo
Fri 04/30/10 08:02 AM

If you could have just One item for your house, and money was no object, what would that item be?

I would love to have a in ground pool........bigsmile

A Wife!!!!!!!!

drinker

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 09:29 PM

Sounds awesome, but there would have to be plenty of space between people because a big enough bomb would take out more than just the guy carrying it...

How about a "bomb-proof" enclosure or booth?

what

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 09:27 PM

i like it...but sometimes I have a lot of gas

That would normally not be a problem, but really depends on how many burritos, boiled-eggs, and beers you had prior to defarting ...Oops, I mean departing!

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:29 PM

Not just Ill. does that work, the entire US Govt.laugh

I hate to say it, but it is NOT limited to Ill alone...it's everywhere!

:laughing:

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:16 PM
An engineer has what I think is the near perfect solution for airport security!

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports. Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you.*

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be quick and swift..*

Case Closed!

drinks :laughing:

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:00 PM
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the Governor's Mansion...

...in Springfield, Illinois; One from Chicago, another from Tennessee, & a third from Kentucky. They all go with to examine the fence. The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well", he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to and whispers, '$2,700.'

The Governor is incredulous and whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Chicago contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies . And that my friends, is how it all works in Illinois politics!!!

drinker :laughing: rofl

no photo
Thu 04/29/10 02:24 PM
I'm gonna be busy at 8pm, may I record it for later?

drinker

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 01:18 PM

In addition to government documents, ALL interstates should be in miles not kilometers. I-19 from Tucson to Nogales is in kilometers and I think that is wrong.

Agreed 100%! drinker

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 01:05 PM

The operative words for me are 'another country'. I would suggest noone leaves their HOME to move to another city, state, or country without being prepared FIRST. Stay where you are, learn what you will need, and prepare yourself. ITs never wise to just pick up and go and then be STUCK once you arrive without what you need to survive.

What about refugees that didn't have a choice?

What about spouses and older children that rely on support from their partner or parent and are relocated?

What about individuals seeking a better life?

Also, I know a lot of international student that pass the TOEL, but aren't truly fluent in English.

OK...answer me this:

Suppose You or a family member, or friend was in a serious auto accident caused by the driver of the other vehicle!

OK...and the one that you loved was killed, or maimed for life!

Now...suppose...the other driver did not understand or could not read the sign posted to prevent the possibility of the accident.

Do you still think they should have been licensed to drive, even though they didn't know the language?

We all need to be on the same page with the language, otherwise...the other driver becomes a liability to you, your, and my safety on the highways.

JMO - If I Still Have One!

what

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 12:26 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Wed 04/28/10 12:26 PM
Should Alabama leave the "Drivers License" test and manual in the 12 different languages that it presently has?

Or should it be written only in English, because that is our language?

I feel like in order to get an Alabama Drivers License, you should learn the English language (if you don't already know it).

This would be a safety issue!

i.e. Your not able to read safety signs, warning signs, alert signs, direction signs, or emergency signs!

I don't see where it would be feasible to post all the above signs in 12 different languages at the same location.

Imagine, approaching an intersection with 12 "STOP" signs on the poll!! It just don't make sense.

If we're in another country, and require a license to drive, you think they would change or add English signs all over their country for us? I don't think so...we would have to learn their language...at least enough to obtain what we need. So, with that said...why shouldn't they, (foreigners) be required to do the same thing?

JMO and Just asking!

What is your opinion?

drinker

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 12:18 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100428/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1831

Amid a national debate over Arizona's tough new immigration law, Republican Alabama gubernatorial candidate Tim James (and son of previous Gov. Fob James) vows in a new campaign ad that if he's elected, he'll give the state driver's license exam only in English, as a cost-saving measure.

"This is Alabama; we speak English," he says in the ad. "If you want to live here, learn it."

Full Article on Link Above

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is WRONG on so many levels, IMO.

sounds harsh but reasonable. If I want to visit France its one thing, If I want to live in France I should probably learn French or at least not expect France to spend their money to accomodate my choice not to learn it...

Finally, something you and I agree on!

I also started a thread on another site about this very subject! I may bring it here as well. Have a great day!

drinker

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 10:00 AM
Now...if we could only get the rest of the states to follow the same action.

The US has become a "playground" for the drug cartel...

JMO

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25