Community > Posts By > Marie55

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/29/09 08:40 PM

awwww that's sad and sweet all at the same time

I would keep em

Becca got some stuff like that from her grandma and was so touched by it that she wrote a book about it

I know, have had them since my aunt died, just not sure how to deal with them. Thanks for your input.

Sounds like a great book. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/29/09 08:35 PM
My favorite aunt died February 2008. She had some love letters from an old beau that apparently broke her heart. She didn't have any children of her own, but married her 2nd husband in 1974 so then had 2 stepsons and lots of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

After she died, one of the daughter-in-law's sent the love letters (along with other family pictures) to my dad. My dad died in November, 2008.

I am not sure what to do with the letters. I have not read them. On one hand they are kind of a family legacy, but on the other hand would feel like I am invading her privacy if I were to read them. Part of me thinks I should destroy them and allow them to die a quiet death, yet I am not sure.

Would appreciate some suggestions on how to handle these letters. Thanks.

Marie55's photo
Sat 08/29/09 11:57 AM

Just a little info:
The percentage of "deadbeat" moms is actually higher than that of dads who won't pay, even though mothers are more consistently awarded custody of children by the courts.

Census figures show only 57 percent of moms required to pay child support -- 385,000 women out of a total of 674,000 -- give up some or all of the money they owe. That leaves some 289,000 "deadbeat" mothers out there, a fact that has barely been reported in the media.

That compares with 68 percent of dads who pay up, according to the figures.
#'s are from the federal census bureau.
When MA came up with their first deadbeat dad list a female RN was on top of the list owing over $400K. It went from a deadbeat dad list to deadbeat parent list upon being published.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. People need to stop using money as a way to get revenge on their ex's and remember their kids are involved and pay the support as it helps make their child's/children's life easier. My ex was logging in Alaska, would come down from Alaska with $19,000 cash, we never saw one red cent of it, he would drink it up and then head back and start the cycle over again. They need to treat all the "deadbeats" the same, but back in the 80s, they didn't do much. Guess they are more aggressive now. Thanks for the info Beachbum.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:29 PM

how's this for backward?

one man, friend only, asked for an address to send me a paperback book for my birthday. i gave him an address...cautiously...

he sent me the book, along with an angel perfume kit.

he kept the address, sending me gifts ever so often...very nice, expensive gifts. to meet other men with. he even sent me a $200 gift card to JC Penney for the kids...and a $300 check.

All without a return address, and no way to send it back. He never once asked for anything in return.

Wow, that is the exception to the rule.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:22 PM

My all time favorite was the one that asked me to open an account so his clients could send me his checks and then i send the money to him. Said he was from toronto but stated he was working in england. Wtf? I mean seriously, do they think we are stupid? Needless to say i told him he could shove it.

I saw them talking about them on TV, think it was Dr. Phil, some women do fall for this scam. They send them checks for $4,000 or $5,000 or so, they cash the checks through their bank accounts and the banks just cash them, no questions asked. The women keep $1,000 or so, send the rest back. Then the banks find out the checks are no good and the women are held responsible for the rest of the money the bank cashed for them on the bad checks. There is no legal recourse for them to get out of paying it back, and they can't go after the guys who send them the money, they are totally stuck and it pretty much destroys them. One woman said she checked it out, she thought. Called the number on the check, of course, it was the number on the check, part of the scam, so she thought she was safe. She got stuck having to pay back $8,000 or so, and was a single mother, thought she could make a few dollars this way.

So there are people out there that fall for it. She had no way out of it at all, and only a minimum wage job.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:17 PM

Is this the place where I can find my riiiiiiiiiiiiiiich american mens????bigsmile drinker :banana:

Get in line Gyps - I am still cashing paychecks for the guys in Dubai and Ghana. Want to help???? noway :wink: laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:15 PM
I did the ones on here, but the other site ones I just ignore, no way to do anything with them there.

Thanks, Lori.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:12 PM
I am getting at least 2 e-mails a day on another site. They are all pretty much the same, they are "widowed", have a child, God-fearing, want a good woman to love, blah, blah, blah. Then they end the e-mail with contact me at "spankme***@*****.com" or some such clever name. (I have actually seen a woman with that name on a guy's profile.)

They have been from Nigeria, Dubai, Ghana. I had to get mad at one of them before he stopped asking me for money -- he asked 5 times!!!!

I especially like the ones who want me to arrange to cash their paychecks for them and then send them back to them, ummm, NO!!! One even asked me to open an offshore account for him, NOT!!!!

They are creative buggers.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:07 PM

A check from the Michigan State Child Support Disbursement Unit for a whole $8.77:banana: I mean seriously, why bother wastin the paper an the stamp? How bout the 21K he still owes in back support????

Ok, here's the premise of this thread. What's the smallest child support payment u've ever recieved? I'd really not like to see this thread turn into a bi@tch session but more of a entertainin, u gotta be kiddin me kinda thread? Alright, all u single parents, what's the smallest payment u've ever recieved? Let's see who's gonna win the prize for this one. shades

$0

You too??? I swear, all the deadbeat dads out there. I really do give kudos to the dads who pay their support and follow through with their visitations and are actual dads to their kids, even after the divorce. My daughter paid the price for her dad being "absentee" in more ways than one. I wish there were more "good" dads out there. flowerforyou

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:46 PM

my mom is about four inches shorter than she used to be

but she is 75

I think it all went to the hump in her back

Osteoporosis will cause a person to lose height, is when your bones get brittle from calcium loss, etc. And they can form a hump on their backs (kyphosis). My mom lost several inches too.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:19 PM
I got nothing for child support from my ex, jerk died owing us better than $28,000. I quit counting, what was the use???

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 09:59 PM
Is the beginning of my last 4 days of work before my vacation starts and I pick Pammy up at the airport on Friday night. bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

Wow, have a whole 10 days of no work, first vacation in over a year, whoo hoo !!!!! :thumbsup: :laughing:

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 09:55 PM
The doctors used to use Librium when detox'ing a patient from alcohol, but not sure if that is their drug of choice now.

Lots of doctors now are very cautious in their prescribing of these drugs and will only use them very short term. The only time I have seen Valium prescribed was for severe muscle spasm (i.e., sciatica or back spasms, etc.), again short term. The doctors appear to be aware of the addictive qualities of the drugs and I have even heard that one of them, don't remember which one, but think it was Xanax, had the same effect on the body as drinking alcohol, so lots prefer not to prescribe it.

Per my neurologist, they have found clonazepam at nighttime to help as a preventative for migraines. It is one of the milder forms of this medication.

The doctors I type for actually refer patients to pain management doctors if they insist they need benzos or long term hard core pain meds, as they are not willing and/or comfortable prescribing these for the patients.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 04:54 PM
We have towns along Hood Canal named:

"Humptulips" and "Dosewallips"

Always thought they were interesting.

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 12:38 AM

So glad you got rid of him before I arrive.

I'll protect ya girl, have a shoe in one hand and a can of hair spray in the other, you are safe!!! :wink: laugh noway

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 12:37 AM

The heels are a give away...no man would wear "stacks" ...it is no longer the 70's....

I rest my case.

Thats just wrong that is !frustrated

Dang, nice boots!! noway noway There are women that would beat him up for those boots. laugh laugh

Marie55's photo
Fri 08/28/09 12:36 AM

Spidey (big black spider) is back tears tears tears.

Darn thing, I set him free and he was on his way to Seattle I thought. Then tonight, I used the bathroom and guess who was hanging out on the back of the toilet???? Spidey !!!!frustrated frustrated :angry: grumble noway

R.I.P. Spidey, you had your chance, but you don't get that close to my neck or head without paying some consequences. Sorry buddy. Now just where is that bugle player??? :cry: slaphead scared shocked :angel:

Wow you are brave, he would have only gotten once chance in my house. Squished at the first sight of him. Ick!

I know they eat the bad bugs and flies and such, I don't mind them if I know where they are, just don't like the suckers sneaking up on me, like while I am in bed, etc. Yup, he had his chance. RIP Spidey. I do think they are going to start trying to come in, it is cooling off already, heck, still August for a few more days.ohwell

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/27/09 11:35 PM

damn!

If it werent for you meddling kids!

Sorry, I'll go to my corner now. grumble :angry: noway

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/27/09 11:28 PM
Cleaning a septic or sewer line.

Marie55's photo
Thu 08/27/09 11:27 PM
If you were at the ocean, you could be razor clam digging. bigsmile

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25