Community > Posts By > DMW57

DMW57's photo
Tue 12/08/09 05:48 PM
I'd say if the chick flaunts it ... she's not worth it. If she's nice about it and patient ... then theres something worth while in her to persue.

DMW57's photo
Mon 12/07/09 12:15 PM

Eh drinking seven or eight beers can be equal to someone who doesn't drink having two. Its all relative to tolerence. I could look like an alcoholic to you by drinking six beers and you might be more affected than I. It's wonderful.

To be an alcoholic is basically not being able to stop ... needing it ... as in a dependance.

Drinkers are not oblivious to the people around them. Alcoholics looking for a fix are oblivious. Drinkers are quite aware of the people around them. Or at least I am.

yeah... drinkers get bunched in with alcoholics! Closed minded people are that way! They make a personal choice not to drink and then feel they have the right to dictate to others what is right and wrong....lol The problem today is there are more and more people that have no morals which create more problems in regards to alcohol. Social drinking I enjoy and i like to have my two to three beers every night. Just a personal choice for me....

I agree. It's some ********. If you don't want to drink don't ... and keep it to yourself. Meanwhile ... I'll keep it to myself every night with a beer or two. And we'll let the real drunks make fools of themselves.

DMW57's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:50 AM
It depends on if you can convince both of them your not sleeping with them at the same time..

lol pitchfork

or not. Do what you think is necessary ... it's all situational.

DMW57's photo
Mon 12/07/09 11:42 AM
Edited by DMW57 on Mon 12/07/09 11:42 AM
Eh drinking seven or eight beers can be equal to someone who doesn't drink having two. Its all relative to tolerence. I could look like an alcoholic to you by drinking six beers and you might be more affected than I. It's wonderful.

To be an alcoholic is basically not being able to stop ... needing it ... as in a dependance.

Drinkers are not oblivious to the people around them. Alcoholics looking for a fix are oblivious. Drinkers are quite aware of the people around them. Or at least I am.

DMW57's photo
Mon 12/07/09 08:28 AM
Hey I guess if you arn't mature enough to handle it's effects then don't do it. Personally I run my life, not the alcohol I drink. But i'm still going to go and blow off steam whenever I need to by getting buzzed and relaxing with my friends.

Most people are too thick to understand that usually alcohol isn't the problem, it's the person that drinks it.

I've had friends get in wrecks with drunk drivers and while being drunk ... and every time people equate it to the alcohol. But the person decided to get in the car, and decided drink way to much (drink at all really) before hand.

DMW57's photo
Sat 12/05/09 06:32 PM

P.S. I'm not very good at the philosophy thing ... haven't taken any classes yet slaphead

Don't worry about that, kid... Socrates sucked at it, too, if you listened to him.

Yeah, seriously! I'm not really convinced that 'studying philosophy in school' makes many students better thinkers. For some, sure! For others, they just stuff their heads full of fallacious arguments and other 'facts'.

That's what I try to keep my mind as open as possible. Many professors come into the classroom with their own idea of 'the way it is' and try and teach you their way. I always look at it from their point of view and then use it in my own perspective on things ... but studying the greats in philosophy can never hurt anyone!

Well, actually, I am limping because of the "Republic" and I have this huge, stabbing pain in my left kidney because I ran into the writings of a gang of logical positivists.

Nietzsche flattend my sex drive. :laughing:

DMW57's photo
Sat 12/05/09 09:23 AM

P.S. I'm not very good at the philosophy thing ... haven't taken any classes yet slaphead

Don't worry about that, kid... Socrates sucked at it, too, if you listened to him.

Yeah, seriously! I'm not really convinced that 'studying philosophy in school' makes many students better thinkers. For some, sure! For others, they just stuff their heads full of fallacious arguments and other 'facts'.

That's what I try to keep my mind as open as possible. Many professors come into the classroom with their own idea of 'the way it is' and try and teach you their way. I always look at it from their point of view and then use it in my own perspective on things ... but studying the greats in philosophy can never hurt anyone!

DMW57's photo
Sat 12/05/09 09:19 AM

So you can believe that he does exhist without any evidence that points to that conclusion (faith) or you can believe based on the evidence that we can't see him nor any of his interactions that he does not exhist.

you left out one other option. you can think that both of the above are delusional for believing either way. that neither the faithful nor the atheist can prove his believe to be true and the opposing belief false. most refer to such folks as agnostic. we think that nothing can be known absolutely unless we experience it.

So in other words you have disbelief in disbelief and belief alike; Until someone proves either side. Sitting on the fence isn't so bad in this situation. I think being an agnostic has it's merits.

But if we're defining atheism as someone who doesn't believe in god(s) wouldn't you fall under that heading as well. If you are reserveing judgement due to a lack of evidence either way ... you still have an abscence of faith. Wouldn't that be weak atheism as well as agnosticism?

DMW57's photo
Fri 12/04/09 02:01 PM

DMW57's photo
Fri 12/04/09 02:00 PM

i stay away from definitions of atheism and theism as best i can. being agnostic, nothing is knowable to me, not the least of which is the definition of atheism. besides, if you define atheism as a belief that there is no god, then neither the atheist nor the theist can ever prove himself right and the other wrong so i fail to see the point. but what do i know? i'm agnostic.

What we see from our experience is that we exhist. We can't see an all powerful being nor any invisible variable interacting with us on a daily basis. So as far as we know he doesn't exhist.

We can't see this all powerful being so he could exhist beyond our knowledge. We have no evidence he does not exhist besides the above paragraph. Possibly, without interaction, he could exhist.

So you can believe that he does exhist without any evidence that points to that conclusion (faith) or you can believe based on the evidence that we can't see him nor any of his interactions that he does not exhist.

Based on that you can decide wether to cross this god thing off of your list of reasonable oppertunities or keep him on there. Or do both.

Keeping an open mind is always best. I prefer to follow my nose on this topic, and that leads me to the first paragraph of my post. I go a step further by saying I trust the evidence my eyes/senses present me.

DMW57's photo
Fri 12/04/09 08:16 AM

DMW, welcome to mingle2!

Both of the ideas you give qualify as 'atheism'. Some people make the distinction with the labels 'weak atheism' (lack of belief in a deity) from'strong atheism' (presence of disbelief in a deity) .

I really enjoyed the discussion on the topic in this thread:

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/250700

Particularly Bushido's comments within the first few pages.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying these forums.

And i really enjoyed that thread. I'm still reading it. It's interesting and funny as well.

Strong and weak atheism. Divided we fall. haha. I think that makes sense to me ... but by the definition of weak atheism then wouldn't I be able to have both? Or i guess that's what makes it strong atheism ... you already lack the belief ... now you have the presence of disbelief to add on top of that. Thinking out loud. But I like it!

DMW57's photo
Thu 12/03/09 12:03 AM

jeez like we don't have too much of that on here already

if it's not a debunk the bible crusade

it's a debunk evolution crusade

if it's not bash bush crusades

it's bash obama crusades

and no one here seems capable of carrying out a rational reasoned discussion that doesn't conform to their closed minded bong logic

if someone would really reason and not argue debate. We would see far more discussions.. But the way it is we just get alot of crap...Miles

indeed. crap like asking for proof that darwin was a fruit cake. you authored this discussion. are you pleased with the reasoning that your discussion has elicited? do you now find that people are more likely to care in the least about any future point you might like to make? do you now think that we all feel that we might actually learn from your reasoning? you know, your reasoning that compelled you to author this rediculous discussion that was simply meant to cause discourse?

I apologize if this made you uncomfortable. Its main purpose was to show what you are talking about to those who come up with so much crap a little of thier own medicine.

You can think what you want about me and people are not going to like some things i have to say.

It does not matter if it is on a thread like this or serious discussion about the scriptures because if you want to do your homework believers alot of them at least hate what i have to say because I back it up with reference books that go to the Greek and Hebrew.

If you are Holier than thou then i am glad u are proud of your self. But i doubt very few has seen about the scriptures that can not be refuted because i will use thier own books to prove to them thats not what it says.

I hope you understand just going along will get u know where but taking a stand is what Yahshua did and I will also.

You want to discuss anything in the scriptures with reason i will be more than happy to and as gentle as a dove...Blessings of Shalom...Miles

Hi folks,
Just a testimony interruption here.

Miles is the best person here to ACTUALLY discuss scripture with. He is one of the most educated in that area (whom I’ve had the pleasure of communicating with). He is also able to be consistent, that means he does not have a point of view about one area that is not consistently maintained throughout.

This is good testimony because I am an atheist and I happen to believe that the scripture is full of parables which are intended to be read and interpreted on many moral levels. So we’ve had some good discussions and it’s true we do not always see eye-to-eye but I have always respected his knowledge and his ability to be patient and to consider another (valid) point of view.

I think it would be interesting to post a parable so that others could read it and give an opinion about what it might be teaching. Without anyone claiming a right or wrong, but to explain why you think it means one thing versus another. You don’t have to be a ‘believer’ to discuss morality no matter where it comes from, scripture, your old Aunt, or the kid next door. Open up people.

Semester break in about two weeks, maybe I’ll just that.

By the way Miles – when I took a peek and saw this thread, my first thought was “oh no Miles has lost it” But I was wrong, you got me – you got everyone with this post.:wink:

Shalom Miles - Everyone

Wow well educated in fairy tales. Great. I'm sure that can make you a lot with a college education. Oh. Wait i guess harvard offers religion as a major ... i suppose there are a lot of suckers out there. Congradulations.

DMW57's photo
Wed 12/02/09 11:10 PM

sorry dude thought you were serious, sometimes you get the newbies wanting to act like a arse thinking he'll get more

Naw I understand. I probabbly should have said I wasn't serious. Sorry for the confusion.

The cheating thing just seems so simple. But we all make it so complicated. It all depends on how the cheating happened and how much you care for the person. If you care a lot and are a sucker you'll forgive no matter what. If you don't care at all you'll dump it like it was nothing. If there was an outside influence like drugs or alcohol then you may be more forgiving ... if it was concious you might not be. Its so specific to a certain situation that's its hard to generalize.

As for me ... my girlfriend of a year got stoned and drunk and cheated on me with an idiot with a minimum wage job and no aspirations to move forward with his life. While I could make excuses for our sake and say it was just the outside influence I know that she was mostly in control of what was going on influence aside. I let her go. It was hard ... but cheating isn't something I'll stand for. I value myself more than a relationship with someone who would do that to the other person.

Sorry it was kind a rant. There you have it. My real input.

DMW57's photo
Wed 12/02/09 10:42 PM

Says the boy

be a man

It was a joke man. Don't get pretentious on me. frustrated

DMW57's photo
Wed 12/02/09 10:24 PM

This topic will never get old unless you CHEATED.So you just answered the question for everyone. You have cheated before. Use your brain positive and not negitive when you read my topics or you will get caught.

Oh hell yeah i've cheated ... I'm always ****ing ******* behind my significant others back. It's a great game. You should try it. Especially the part about not getting caught. Never forfilling the girls needs but getting my own taken care of is a different game entirely. Never the less it's worth your attention.

DMW57's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:14 AM

spoken like a true man....what I want has nothing to do with sex...

Male whores don't like sex either. They do it just because it's there.

Wait wait wait! I should have checked back with my posting sooner. I didn't mean for sex ... I mean seriously how easy is that to find ... I meant that the guys at bars share the same philosophy. They don't want to have someone breathing down thier necks and neither do you it sounds like. They're down for something light and fun ... maybe something serious if it stays fun in the process. Just a thought. Although its a great way to get used if your not careful. You don't have to sleep with them the first night you meet them just because it's at a bar. So cliche.

Typical woman: Thinking a man only thinks about sex!
:laughing:

DMW57's photo
Tue 12/01/09 04:35 PM
Sounds like instead of dating you need to turn to finding men who whore themselves out at bars for that kind of situation to work out best drinks

DMW57's photo
Tue 12/01/09 04:29 PM

if someone would really reason and not argue debate. We would see far more discussions.. But the way it is we just get alot of crap...Miles

So you want someone to reason with you, without arguing and debate with you? That sounds more like conversion rehtoric than anything intellectually sound.

If you don't understand the theory how can you debunk it?

If you have personal bias (beliefs) to cloud your objective reasoning what makes you think it's worth anyone elses time to try to explain anything to you?

DMW57's photo
Tue 12/01/09 11:53 AM
You forgot jaywalker.

DMW57's photo
Tue 12/01/09 11:35 AM
Being from seattle I have to say that mother****er deserved it. And i garentee that every cop around this area had his picture posted in thier squad cars; just waiting to catch him. They wanted his *** dead or alive, no joke. Frontier justice .. maybe. Either way, he would have gotten what he deserved.

Previous 1