Wed 03/26/08 08:31 PM
Oklahoma (the Sooner State) laugh

bookworm's photo
Wed 03/26/08 02:30 PM
without opening the door first.

Really, the check is....

bookworm's photo
Wed 03/26/08 02:28 PM
Consider this an invitation to use that Swiffer Sweeper at MY house.

I have two dogs. It's muddy here now. Use it with impunity. laugh laugh

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 06:05 PM

"Attraction isn't a choice" - David DeAngelo

Men are attracted to women differently than women are attracted to men. The problem is, people tend to assume attraction works the same for the opposite sex as it does for them. It doesn't. Men are generally attracted to women with a high replication value (appearance) while women tend to be attracted towards men with a high survival value.

I am curious why evolution would hardwire men to be attracted to skinny women, when heavier women would withstand famine better, and would have more estrogen for reproductive purposes. I would like to see the research on that. I understand that they are drawn by appearance, but who said that the most favorable appearance had to be a thin woman?

According to scientist, men are biologically attracted to women who have fat deposits in certain places (for child-bearing purposes) and women with symmetry in their faces (a preference we all have).
Plenty of societies and cultures find curvy, heavier women attractive, and societal preferences wax and wane. Case in point: the "perfect woman" during Michelangelo's time would be considered fat now. Twiggy, so popular 40 years ago or so, would be too skinny for many of today's men. Some cultures see a hefty wife as indicative of the husband's wealth; if she's rotund, it means he can afford to pay for someone to do her chores.
To say men are "biologically" attracted to one sort of woman or another is scientifically not exactly true....

the voice of reason!! Thank you.

Just puttin' those books to good use. laugh

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 06:02 PM

i'm in the market for neither, at the moment. after my best friend of almost twenty years (my domestic black cat) died, i haven't been in the mood to get another pet.

I'm sorry.......my 8 year oldjust lost his turtle

Losing a pet is one of the hardest things in the world, no matter what people (non-pet-lovers) will try to tell you.

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 06:01 PM
Got me. I never was one.

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 06:00 PM
Purple People Eater

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 05:58 PM
Sending good thoughts your way, Snuggles!

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 05:56 PM
depression. :cry:

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 05:56 PM

"Attraction isn't a choice" - David DeAngelo

Men are attracted to women differently than women are attracted to men. The problem is, people tend to assume attraction works the same for the opposite sex as it does for them. It doesn't. Men are generally attracted to women with a high replication value (appearance) while women tend to be attracted towards men with a high survival value.

I am curious why evolution would hardwire men to be attracted to skinny women, when heavier women would withstand famine better, and would have more estrogen for reproductive purposes. I would like to see the research on that. I understand that they are drawn by appearance, but who said that the most favorable appearance had to be a thin woman?

According to scientist, men are biologically attracted to women who have fat deposits in certain places (for child-bearing purposes) and women with symmetry in their faces (a preference we all have).
Plenty of societies and cultures find curvy, heavier women attractive, and societal preferences wax and wane. Case in point: the "perfect woman" during Michelangelo's time would be considered fat now. Twiggy, so popular 40 years ago or so, would be too skinny for many of today's men. Some cultures see a hefty wife as indicative of the husband's wealth; if she's rotund, it means he can afford to pay for someone to do her chores.
To say men are "biologically" attracted to one sort of woman or another is scientifically not exactly true....

bookworm's photo
Sat 03/22/08 05:49 PM
Moon Pants

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:18 PM
Celebrates Christmas every day

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:17 PM

laugh laugh laugh Yeah, I knew that would get your attention.

What's your all-time favorite comic or comic strip?

Mine would be between the now-gone Citizen Dog and the now-gone Frumpy the Clown.

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:15 PM
Dates underaged boys for fun

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:14 PM
I know, right?

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:11 PM
I'm just playin' before I put my nose back to the grindstone.

Most people call that "procrastination".... laugh

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:10 PM
Wait..... he hurts you and says bad things to you? Hon, you aren't gonna win his heart.

You're just gonna be a doormat for his dirty old feet.

Look for another guy to madly love. He's not worth your time.

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 05:08 PM
Yo.

Hey, OC.

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 02:29 PM
has her hair styled in this way because she lost her pirate eye patch

bookworm's photo
Thu 03/20/08 02:24 PM

SECTION C ROW 3. 2ND SHELF FROM THE TOP
NEXT TO THE DO IT YOURSELF SECTION

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh