bookworm's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:41 PM
Likes to watusi to early disco tunes.

bookworm's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:39 PM
Judy Cutie Patootie!

bookworm's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:38 PM
When it's stormy out and I'm curled up on the sofa with my babies, I like to remind them that there are dogs that have to SLEEP OUTSIDE in weather like that. noway

They don't believe me. They've never known anything other than my sofas and my bed.

People think they're lucky dogs. I am the lucky one.

bookworm's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:30 PM

do you carry pictures of your pet(s) with you to show off to others? Or maybe you have kids and pets.

I have LOTS of puppy pictures in my PDA... along with friends, other family, my house, favorite pictures of favorite things and BLAIR UNDERWOOD!

bookworm's photo
Tue 04/22/08 08:12 PM
Scatter, first of all, I'm sending good thoughts your way. Chemo is no fun.

But.... six months is about right. I had six months of it, and it goes unbelievably fast. Look at it this way: you want as much as it takes to kill the SOB cells.

Tell her to be hyper-aware of her body. It will tell her what she can do / eat / play. Rely on her inner self. Also ask the NURSES things, as well as the doctors. The nurses have seen it all.

Secondly, the port is going to be a GODSEND. Fewer pokes in the arm. Fewer bruises. Tell her to get a box of Altoids because she *might* be able to taste some of the meds (the closer the port is to the tongue, the more likely she can. Heparin, which is kind of like aspirin in another form, tastes HORRID, but if she chews Altoids, she won't mind it so much). She's going to be a little sore for a few days after the port goes in, but she's going to be soooo thankful she has it.

Hang in there. Trust me, in 17 years, this will be a bad memory past.

bookworm's photo
Tue 04/22/08 08:02 PM
Here's something that few people under 60 know about: Reminisce magazine. You can get it at the big bookstores. It's filled with "good old days" stories from people who are 50 years old and up... (few 50 year olds, though... more the 70-100 year olds).

it's kind of cool in a grandma sort of way.

bookworm's photo
Tue 04/22/08 07:58 PM
Yes, but....... maybe his Mama only has one child named "Rob", which makes him the single Rob in his family.

laugh laugh

Okay, maybe not. But it's a theory.

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:57 PM

Okay, this is just strange, but....

I have everything I could possibly want.

I have a home...
I have food in the fridge.
My work is hummin'
My friends are many.
The dogs are healthy.
I'm well.
There's gas in the car and the furnace works.

What more could I want?

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:55 PM
Okay, this is just strange, but....

I have everything I could possibly want.

I have a home

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:52 PM

The main thing that I don't like about Sylvia is..She charges WAY too much..and so does her son..She charges $800 per reading or per hour..I can't remember which..and her son charges $350..Thats crazy..I wanna be able to charge someday too but it's only because I can't work any other kind of job..and I will NEVER EVER charge anything near what she does.

$800 noway noway noway noway

Yup..shes money hungry and takes advantage of the people who believe in her and trust her to help them.

grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:51 PM

sent it again

Not yet.

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:50 PM

The main thing that I don't like about Sylvia is..She charges WAY too much..and so does her son..She charges $800 per reading or per hour..I can't remember which..and her son charges $350..Thats crazy..I wanna be able to charge someday too but it's only because I can't work any other kind of job..and I will NEVER EVER charge anything near what she does.

$800 noway noway noway noway

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:49 PM

BW you have mail

no, I don't.

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:49 PM

cheepskates!noway grumble grumble laugh

damm straight.laugh laugh laugh laugh

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:47 PM

Pacific O to Panamaacross the Gulf then up the Mississippibigsmile

I'll get right on that, you guys will pitch in for gas right?ohwell laugh

I got a pocketful of quarters. Will that help?

Have you been to the gas station lately???noway laugh
how do you know they are not collector quarters and worth a boat load

I did a TV segment in Mpls over the weekend and the quarters were featured. I didn't check. The WI one might be a collector quarter.
Soooooooo, Rozey, you can have my other quarters, just not that one..... laugh laugh laugh

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:45 PM

Well..not all my lives were crap..those are just the ones that stick out the most in my head because those are the ones I needed answers to..but I also lived in Italy in a past life where I was a model..which explains why I can see a table FULL of jewelry without the prices on them yet I still am able to pick out the most expensive pieces on the whole table.laugh

Lady, did you ever read Sylvia Browne? She says that when we die, we go to another "place" to wait and plan our next life.
Very interesting premises she has.....

Yeah..I've seen Sylvia on TV..I don't like her much tho.laugh ..I don't think she's AS gifted as she wants people to believe she is but many people pay her for what she says so I can't bad mouth her til I start getting paid for what I do. laugh

I don't think she's as gifted as she says she is, either, but her theories (facts? hypotheses?) on afterlife are kind of interesting. I recommend reading her recent book on children and past lives. It's a fast read, won't take but a couple days, but her thinking is fascinating.

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:42 PM

Pacific O to Panamaacross the Gulf then up the Mississippibigsmile

I'll get right on that, you guys will pitch in for gas right?ohwell laugh

I got a pocketful of quarters. Will that help?

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:41 PM
Or Pacific Ocean and down the Strait of Magellan (if you want the scenic route)laugh laugh , up the Atlantic and through the St. Laurence Seaway.....

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:40 PM

Well..not all my lives were crap..those are just the ones that stick out the most in my head because those are the ones I needed answers to..but I also lived in Italy in a past life where I was a model..which explains why I can see a table FULL of jewelry without the prices on them yet I still am able to pick out the most expensive pieces on the whole table.laugh

Lady, did you ever read Sylvia Browne? She says that when we die, we go to another "place" to wait and plan our next life.
Very interesting premises she has.....

bookworm's photo
Mon 04/21/08 02:33 PM

I'd only have to drive 3000 miles to put it in the lakegrumble laugh
so what is your pointhuh

Rozey, you're resourceful. Figure out how to get here without taking it out of the water. laugh laugh laugh

I'm good, but I don't know about THAT good!noway laugh laugh

Sure ya are! laugh laugh laugh

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25