fingerpaintbynumber's photo
Sat 07/28/07 08:33 AM
Alanna...that sounds like a good plan...

I'm gonna point myself somewhere geographically cooler though....*mutters*...96 degrees...blah.

Sat 07/28/07 08:27 AM
LOL Awww Whispers...dont do that...

And I'm still working on that teleportation device...and something that cuts perfect shoestring fries EVERYtime...

Being smart has it's drawbacks...you have all these weird OCDs and quirky habits....lol And sometimes it's really hard to fight back the want...no no...the NEED to correct someone...

Oh well....I'm just me.

I think I'm gonna go do something ubergeeky now... laugh

Sat 07/28/07 08:16 AM
*raises hand*

I was Whispers....*sighs*

I was also Valedictorian....*bigger sigh*

And now....that and a nickle...still gets me hucked off the bus. LOL

Sat 07/28/07 08:09 AM
Damn post topic button...

or....

Most likely to be the most successful female crime boss...

LOL

Yeah...I uhh....just...yeah.

hahahahahahah

Sat 07/28/07 08:08 AM
LOL...ummm...

Yeah...

Most likely to either be jailed for murder before age 35...or mos

Sat 07/28/07 07:26 AM
If you were hurt and you feel as though you did what was best for your heart...then no of course you didn't do anything wrong.

Relationships are a meeting place, not a destination. You have to both be there willing to work on it.

Good luck.

Fri 07/27/07 09:09 PM
Yeah? And your point?

Fri 07/27/07 09:06 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291199,00.html

Check it.

Fri 07/27/07 10:53 AM
If you're really that concerned...call the Police. They'll do a background check for you.

If it's a matter of public record they can tell you. It's how employers do background checks of their potential employees...it's how parents do background checks on nannies and babysitters.

It's great that you're being that cautious...but if you're really that leary of this person, why bother?

Fri 07/27/07 09:43 AM
I don't see how being nice helps you avoid drama...however I can see how being nice might help you get pigeon holed into being a push over, therefore no drama ensues because there's no conflict...

Hmm...guess I'm just not there yet...*takes crown*...call me a Drama Queen for not being nice...woohoooo

*does a little dance*

Fri 07/27/07 09:36 AM
LOL Nice is over rated...

Fri 07/27/07 07:24 AM
How would this go with today's inflated prices??

When you have only twenty bucks left in the world,
buy a loaf of organic wheat bread with half,
and a hot house lily with the other.

lol Sorry...it's a great quote...

Thu 07/26/07 09:31 PM
Gypsy....Canada.

And yeah...someone with a different view point...someone who had a different family experience in Cuba...is wrong.

You're right...I'm done too...

These threads...are all one way or another...no one accepts that someone might have had a different experience...EVER.

So my mother's family didnt come from the same circumstances...I'm talking about MY experience...not everyone else's.

Get a damn grip.

I'm seriously seriously seriously sick of being brow beaten into backing down because someone thinks that I'm just a brainless moron.

So...yeah. I'm out too.

Thu 07/26/07 09:24 PM
Zap...my mother's family is Cuban as well.

No country is perfect. Some people might say that Bush is a murderous thug too...

When I visited Cuban I strayed from the tourist areas...and of course I wasn't alone. I don't travel in THIS country alone...lol

You could pick apart any country's ruler...but Cuba is a hot button for so many people. I'm not saying that we should forgive and forget...or anything of that nature....

However...if they're willing...why not sit down with them and open communication instead of spending another 45 years in silence.

Even the Cold War ended...

Thu 07/26/07 09:15 PM
Ouch...double negative.

Thu 07/26/07 09:07 PM
Well Miguel...even the opinion that "Castro sucks." can be well worded and backed up...lol

Castro sucks because he made his population fear him and feel small.

Castro sucks because he didn't help, but only hindered the communication between Cuba and the US.

Castro sucks because he smokes a cigar.

I mean...c'mon.

Thu 07/26/07 09:05 PM
We do have to watch what we say to avoid imprisonment and death...

You can't say that you want to kil the president and get away with it...nor can you voice an opinion and expect someone to over look the fact that you're a human first, and perhaps a person of importance and stature second.

Look at what happened recently with the ACLU and Ward Churchill...

Thu 07/26/07 09:02 PM
First of all...

My mother is Cuban. She is also 1st generation American.

She didn't come here on a raft...or smuggled into this country.

Knowing my grandparents as well as I did...and having numerous conversations with them about Cuba and having visited Cuba myself a few times...

It's a beautiful country, full of beautiful people...including Castro.

Just like in this country, the media only reports the half truth...and never shows the good that has come out of his rule.

The people of Cuba love Castro...for the most part. Just like the people of this country voted in Bush. It's the same sort of thing.

Personally...lifting the embargo on Cuba would be a very good thing. Cuba is a beautiful, culturally rich country to visit. And it would bring in goods to this country that would mean profit for the capitalists. It's time to lift 45 years of noncommunication and stop acting like babies...come together in a climate of change and work on fixing this for the good of BOTH countries.

And on a side note...

Since was does having a different opinion...or perhaps a negative one dictate that you are unintelligent?

Thu 07/26/07 10:47 AM
Anyone like this movie/book?

I just learned about it from a friend...I was wondering if anyone had any feedback...

Thu 07/26/07 10:03 AM
Sort of Mike....Sort of.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 15 16