Community > Posts By > RoamingOrator

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 03/07/13 03:12 PM

Every American is entitled to the RIGHT of cross examination of accusers. This right is absolute, and is not subject to the whims of any President or Attorney General, even if the person is guilty as sin.

I would rather sacrifice an entire city to a nuclear explosion than give up the principles of freedom. It is truly the cost of freedom.

Nuclear explosion in a U.S. city? Really now? What city? How many people? How about the city where your mother lives or where your children go to school? An upwind neighboring city dropping toxic fallout on you and your loved ones? What about LA, DC, NYC, San Diego or any other port or military base? Do you have any idea what the results of a nuke would be 10 or 20 years later? Read Sadako and the 1000 Paper Cranes. Read about the thousands of vicitims from U.S. nuclear test sites or Bikini Atoll. Its obvious you dont know crap about nuclear weapons. Im not exactly a fan of the Patriot Act either but if a person is caught communicating threats or organizing an attack on U.S. citizens who cares if they get the right to say anything? Suppose we let them speak and they have enough silver on their tounge or in their pockets to be released and the result is a nuclear attack? When everything goes to the dogs I bet youd be the guy at the airport trampling senior citizens and kids to be the first one on the first jet smoking to Canada or Mexico. What little freedom we have must be protected. Your willingness to sacrifice millions of your own so easily shows that you have no regard for human life nor the intelligence to realize the result of a chain reaction of retaliatory attacks here and abroad. IGNORANT....

You don't know me, any more than you apparently know what the true cost of freedom is.

Yes, I have seen the devastation and long term effects of the test and use of nuclear weapons. The birth defects, radiation poisoning, the fact that large swaths of land are uninhabitable for generations.

And yes, I am willing to sacrifice my own family as well as myself upon the altar of freedom. You know nothing of me or my family, which has sacrificed members on that altar before and is willing to do so again. However, it does seem that your mind immediately went to bailing on your own kind, so I see where the ideas of trampling women, children and the elderly really come from, and what kind of person has it in ones mind to do just so.

The sacrifice of large numbers of peoples is the hallmark of freedom. Lincoln sacrificed 625,000 Americans to expand and preserve the freedoms of our people. Blood is the cost of freedom, and must be paid on a regular basis. While the cost was dear, the purchase has a benefit to all mankind that cannot be measured.

It is also misguided to think that any terrorist group that is well organized and funded, could not do the very thing I have mentioned. Just because the government pulls away the freedoms of it's people does not mean that the people are safer from the harm intended by evil peoples. We will be attacked again, successfully, it is not a matter of "if," it is a matter of "when." Giving into fear and giving up civil liberties will not change this.

While my example was an extreme one - a fact obviously lost on the simple minded and foolishly patriotic - the point remains that such an occurrence would not be at my hands nor even my desire. What I am saying is that I would rather see our country, and the ideals it represents disappear through an act of aggressive war, than die slowly by our own doing. It would seem that you are willing to let us fall along the path of the fascist states of old, Hitleresque if you will, to preserve you own personal idea of safety. Whereas I am willing to give up my entire family line so that you have the freedom to do as you please.

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 03/07/13 08:48 AM

Ice Breaker:

Who thinks Rand Paul was wearing a catheter yesterday?

Real question:

Whether you’re a Republican or Democrat...

Whether you’re a fan of Rand Paul or not...

Were it solely up to YOU, would you sacrifice due process for every American Citizen in an effort to safeguard our country against potential terrorism?

Absolutely not. Absolute power corrupts absolutely! It takes an asinine person deeply full of himself to think he as president, AG or CIA director has the authority to use military weapons to target and kill civilians on U.S. soil who pose no eminent threat. When your in the United States you are always within reach of law enforcement therefore drones are not needed.

What if an eminent threat were highly suspected, or thought to be known as a certainty?

The answer is still "no."

Every American is entitled to the RIGHT of cross examination of accusers. This right is absolute, and is not subject to the whims of any President or Attorney General, even if the person is guilty as sin.

I would rather sacrifice an entire city to a nuclear explosion than give up the principles of freedom. It is truly the cost of freedom.

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 03/07/13 08:43 AM
Topic: Movies in which Ward Bond appears

1. The Maltese Falcon
2. A Guy Named Joe
3. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. Tobacco Road
6. The Quiet Man
7. Rio Bravo
8. It Happened One Night
9. Fort Apache

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 03/05/13 02:22 PM

1. The Maltese Falcon
2. A Guy Named Joe
4. It's a Wonderful Life
5. Tobacco Road

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 03/05/13 05:57 AM

1. The Maltese Falcon
2. A Guy Named Joe

RoamingOrator's photo
Mon 03/04/13 08:35 PM
Are you trying to tell me those women actually exist??? surprised

I find it very difficult to believe, and think it is mainly just an urban legend. whoa

RoamingOrator's photo
Mon 03/04/13 12:28 PM
You've got to admit, that thing just screams "fast!"

RoamingOrator's photo
Mon 03/04/13 11:27 AM
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 03/03/13 03:54 PM
(Here's an easy one!)

1. The Maltese Falcon

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 03/03/13 03:52 PM
Topic: Boxing

1. Million Dollar baby
2. Raging Bull
3. The Great White Hope
4. The Great White Hype
5. Diggstown
6. The Fighter
7. Requiem For A Heavyweight
8. Ricky 1
9. The Prize Fighter
10. Against the Ropes
11. Real Steel
12. Penitentiary
13. Undisputed

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 03/03/13 02:14 PM
Not only is it not wrong, socially, I would say it is more polite. If it is one thing I cannot stand, it is being with a group of people who have there heads down in their mobile devices. What is even the point of hanging with other people if you are more concerned with folks that aren't even with you?

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 03/03/13 05:57 AM
Edited by RoamingOrator on Sun 03/03/13 05:57 AM
I don't think there is a specific "time" when men "mellow out and want to settle down." I think there is a specific woman that causes that. :wink:

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 03/03/13 05:54 AM

1. Million Dollar baby
2. Raging Bull
3. The Great White Hope
4. The Great White Hype
5. Diggstown
6. The Fighter
7. Requiem For A Heavyweight
8. Ricky 1
9. The Prize Fighter
10. Against the Ropes
11. Real Steel

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 02/28/13 07:10 AM
Usually they just tell me "thank you" and leave. ohwell

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 02/28/13 07:05 AM

1. Million Dollar baby
2. Raging Bull
3. The Great White Hope
4. The Great White Hype

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 08:18 AM

I wish I had a real answer for you on this one. I'm not certain I do, but I can relate a tale:

Question #1

While the influence of my parent wasn't ever a problem, my mother was always just happy to see me dating someone, I do remember the influence of my grandfather taking sway once. I had brought home the young lady I was dating my sophomore year in college to meet the family. She was a nice enough person, and to this day we are still friends and speak at least three times a year, so I can say I had some affection for this lovely young lady. Grandpa though, he saw something else. I say this because he pulled me aside and told me that I really shouldn't keep stringing along a girl I didn't love. That "an affair is alright when your young," but that I should find someone I "really loved."

I took his advice, and broke off the romance shortly after, though I will admit that she made it easy to do when I found her in bed with another man, but in truth he was right - I was just content to be with someone, anyone, at the time.

Question #2

I really don't feel I have the "real world experience" to answer this question with any certainty. For starters, I'm a throwback to a by-gone era when a man did whatever was necessary to make his partner happy. I've often felt that I've been lucky, on the few occasions when I had someone in my life, that we seemed to have the same desires and our actions rarely conflicted. However, when they did, I swallowed my pride, curbed my own wishes and opted to do as my significant other desired. I'm sure she did the same for me, but just in unspoken ways as well. Isn't sacrificing the desires of the self to put the desires of another ahead of yours what it's all about?

oh yes, when a young man is serious about a woman he brings her home to get the hand of, or the finger, from his family... bigsmile so I'm glad your grandfather softened the blow for you before your friend decided to find another partner... just curious... did you ever reveal your grandfather's advice to your girlfriend before she cheated on you?

To me, yes... genuine love naturally evokes a genuine and willing sacrifice, with a happy heart... :heart: bigsmile

No, that conversation was just between my grandfather and I... well and of course you good people here, but I trust you won't say anything. happy

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 06:22 AM

I have just started controlling everyone on this planet!!!pitchfork

Good! See what you can do about getting me to eat a little better.

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 06:18 AM
I have the absolute perfect ability to say the completely wrong thing, regardless of the situation.

On the flip side, I'm also able to accept the fault in any circumstance as well. No matter what the situation, I'm pretty sure I'm the one that caused it or was wrong in some way shape or form.

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 06:14 AM
Topic: Movies that have scenes where people ride bicycles

1. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
2. BMX Bandits
3. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
4. Quicksilver
5. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
6. My Bodyguard
7. Premium Rush
8. Rocky III
9. The Goonies
10. Breaking Away
11. The Last Action Hero

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 06:11 AM
I wish I had a real answer for you on this one. I'm not certain I do, but I can relate a tale:

Question #1

While the influence of my parent wasn't ever a problem, my mother was always just happy to see me dating someone, I do remember the influence of my grandfather taking sway once. I had brought home the young lady I was dating my sophomore year in college to meet the family. She was a nice enough person, and to this day we are still friends and speak at least three times a year, so I can say I had some affection for this lovely young lady. Grandpa though, he saw something else. I say this because he pulled me aside and told me that I really shouldn't keep stringing along a girl I didn't love. That "an affair is alright when your young," but that I should find someone I "really loved."

I took his advice, and broke off the romance shortly after, though I will admit that she made it easy to do when I found her in bed with another man, but in truth he was right - I was just content to be with someone, anyone, at the time.

Question #2

I really don't feel I have the "real world experience" to answer this question with any certainty. For starters, I'm a throwback to a by-gone era when a man did whatever was necessary to make his partner happy. I've often felt that I've been lucky, on the few occasions when I had someone in my life, that we seemed to have the same desires and our actions rarely conflicted. However, when they did, I swallowed my pride, curbed my own wishes and opted to do as my significant other desired. I'm sure she did the same for me, but just in unspoken ways as well. Isn't sacrificing the desires of the self to put the desires of another ahead of yours what it's all about?