Community > Posts By > RoamingOrator

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/27/13 05:52 AM
Myself, I believe it can't be done. I believe that we carry those we loved in our hearts for all time. Oh, they break that heart, cause deep pain and anguish, but if you've really loved someone, while the crushing blow remains, you still love them.

Hearts are not meant to be perfect things. They are to be dented, cracked, smashed, chipped and broken. After the damage is done, the heart still feels, still carries the memories of the love and the pain. While a broken heart mends slowly, and really only with the aide of another, small shards are usually missing, because the previous owner did keep a small piece - strange though how it remakes it's exact shape.

Forget my love? How can I when she will be with me always?

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 11:00 AM
Topic: Movies that have scenes where people ride bicycles

1. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
2. BMX Bandits
3. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
4. Quicksilver
5. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 07:16 AM
Well, if the question is the ease at which I fall in love, only one asset must be considered - the eyes.

I'll freely admit that I've fallen in love at first sight three times in my life and all three women had something about their eyes that just caused all the walls of my heart to just melt away. I can only describe phenomena as the eyes being big, bright, alive and having a hint of mischief in them.

If you've got that, you've got me.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 07:10 AM

Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth??? Well, I would like to paint myself in somewhat of a good light. I mean, I've done some pretty stupid stuff in my day, and I see no good reason to advertise that.

I don't think that revealing all our foibles is what is important to establishing and growing a relationship either... but if asked a direct question, like, "do we use ketchup for our fries" and we say yes just because our date does, only to admit at a later time after being served fries with ketchup again that we can't stand this combination, why would we choose to be misleading at all, only for the truth to have to eventually be known or we'd be stuck eating something we hated for as long as the relationship lasts.

And plz know this is just an example I'm using to illustrate the absurdity of not being ourselves from the start...

Well, the crazy is something that one is supposed to find out over time. You don't want to put too much of it out there at once, because a person's foibles or peculiarities are things that we either learn to love or cause us to take a step away. Too much info at one time causes overload though, some questions are better left unanswered, and in reality, truth and falsehood are a matter of perspective.

Oh, and for the record, I only put ketchup on fries if they suck. The general rule, the thicker the french fry, the more apt it will receive ketchup.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 07:03 AM
Ahh... Someone looking for the answer to that age old question: "Why are we here??"

Well, at least this time the question is limited to the forums, which, while not as philosophical, could be just as important. As it is in all cases, I can only speak for myself - because for all I know, none of you people actually exist.

I am here because I made a promise to a friend. I promised that I would try to find someone. As I have kept every promise I've ever made (which is why the come so rarely from me), I have no choice but to continue the search until such time as someone is found. I'm not certain what is supposed to take place after said event, but that is not really my concern. I am only responsible for the finding. So, here I am, gleaning conversations, adding occasional whit, sarcasm and observations where I am able, in vain hope that someone takes enough notice that I may consider them "found."

I will admit, I should have gotten a much more precise definition of what "finding someone" really meant, for all I know, I could have been done with this years ago!!

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 06:53 AM
I was wondering where I left those.... oops

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 06:51 AM

<---- He looks a little like that.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 06:47 AM
Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth??? Well, I would like to paint myself in somewhat of a good light. I mean, I've done some pretty stupid stuff in my day, and I see no good reason to advertise that.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/26/13 06:42 AM
Topic: Movies that have scenes where people ride bicycles

1. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
2. BMX Bandits
3. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

RoamingOrator's photo
Mon 02/25/13 11:45 AM
You know what else would be cool? Be a captain of a four mast sailing frigate.

RoamingOrator's photo
Mon 02/25/13 07:34 AM
"Moby Dick or the White Whale" - Herman Melville

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:42 PM
I always wanted to be an assassin for hire, but didn't know how to break into the business.

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 02/22/13 01:40 PM
Topic: Titles that are 2 letters or less

1. Q
2. M
3. O
4. N
5. W
6. Z
7. Up
8. Go
9. Pi

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 02/20/13 04:27 PM
Come on people!!! Disney owns this franchise now. Maybe you'll get "Star Wars, Land of the Ewoks," or maybe "Star Wars Rise of the Gungans." What we do know is that it will be fully catered to selling toys, videos, games and merchandise (even more so than in Space Balls).

Just don't get your hopes up to high, because while the CGI will be fantastic, the aim will be to entertain children, not adults, that is just what Disney does.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 03:49 PM
Topic: Movies that poke fun at overused movie cliches

1. Battlefield Baseball
2. The Naked Gun (From the Files of Police Squad, 2 1/2, & 33 1/3 The Final Insult)
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Wayne's World
5. Rustler's Rhapsody

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 01:41 PM

yep,it's the Truth,Maher definitely is ILL!

Sad when a Comedian is being taken as a Political Pundit!
But I guess that's what got that other Guy Al Franken into the Senate!:laughing:

I don't know about that... I mean, outside of Saturday Night Live, was Al Franken ever really funny? what

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 01:36 PM

Romeo and Juliet

Two teens in families that hate each other...

I hate to disagree, but Romeo and Juliet is horrible a love story, because it's a tragedy.

A good love story is when two people fall in love and spend a long life together. If you're going Shakespeare, then maybe "Much Ado About Nothing" at least people end up together in that one.

And I have to disagree with your disagreeing, tragedy doesn't make the love any less. Harold And Maude is also tragic, but it doesn't lessen it as a romance.

A good love story is when two people fall in love and spend a long life together.

That's purely subjective. Whether they spend 60 years together or tragically only a few years or months, if the love is real, it's real.

I disagree with your disagreeing! (At least about Romeo and Juliet, as I haven't seen Harold and Maude)

Teenage love? Please... That's about as fickle as it comes. For all we know, if the relationship had been "sanctioned" by the parents things might turn out different:

Romeo goes to college and joins the Frat House. After being put on double secret probation for shenanigans, he meets the Dean's daughter at a pep rally, they run off and have a passionate affair on spring break.

Juliet, accepted to a different school, tries to maintain a relationship with her "high school beau," but is chased after by the popular athelete. She resists his charms, but ends up falling for the quirky guy who helps her with her science project.

As we all know, College Romance movie trumps Teen Romance movie. laugh

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 01:26 PM
Topic: Movies that poke fun at overused movie cliches

1. Battlefield Baseball
2. The Naked Gun (From the Files of Police Squad, 2 1/2, & 33 1/3 The Final Insult)

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 05:10 AM
Sean and Mary Kate in "The Quiet Man"

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 02/19/13 05:07 AM
Topic: Overused Movie Cliches

1. The underdog sports team always scores on the final play to win the game.
2. In horror movies- the car never starts, even if it's brand spanken new.
3. The bully realizes what a creep he's been, apologizes and changes his ways.
4. When a character wants to show someone news about what's going on, the TV/radio is always airing the pertinent newscast.
5. A stupid tactic helps the team/player/etc. win the game.
6. The workaholic father never has time for his family, they all hate him, then something dramatic happens, he realizes he's a horses's *** and they all live happily ever after.
7. Whenever there is a disaster/crash/flood/fire some animal is always seen escaping the danger.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next