Community > Posts By > RoamingOrator

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 05/31/17 04:43 PM
"How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and suspenders, the man can't even trust his own pants."

Frank (Henry Fonda) Once Upon a Time in the West

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 05/30/17 08:28 AM
"I notice when you take to disliking someone, they ain't around long either" - The Outlaw Josey Wales

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 05/30/17 08:24 AM
There are a handful of "positive" aspects to loneliness:

Introspection and self evaluation
Doing things purely for self enjoyment
Being able to change your person or surroundings (much more difficult when you have to have concern for others)
Being able to shut down life's "noise"
Being able to just sit and read
Greater enjoyment and appreciation of "company"
Building of confidence by being able to do things alone
More "free" time
Ordering pizza the way you like it - every time
Eating the entirety of said pizza
Being able to just "walk away" (throwing lit match over your shoulder is optional)

I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 05/30/17 08:11 AM
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms - George R.R. Martin

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 05/18/17 03:26 PM
Suit of armor and a beach towel.

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 05/18/17 03:23 PM
I don't play hard to get, I play hard to want.

The way I figure it is, if that's the way I play and she still wants me, then she must be a keeper.

I'll let you know if it ever works.

RoamingOrator's photo
Wed 05/17/17 09:51 AM
Socks and a stocking cap

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 05/14/17 08:27 AM
Between books actually, just finihsed:

"Private" - James Patterson

Starting:

"Secret Societies' - John Reynolds

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 12/23/16 08:52 AM
Napoleon's Wars: An International History - Charles Esdaile

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 12/22/16 09:37 AM

Well, first of all "The Blaze" isn't a respectable news organization.

Second, it is not the job of the United States to protect Russian Ambassadors (at least not until after the inauguration).

Third, an assassination is not a "terrorist attack."

Fourth, you'd better start looking for something to do the next two years as the GOP controls all facets of government. I'm afraid you'll just be bored.

That Assassination was,by the very nature of the Assailant and his Ideology!

The Blaze is every bit as respectable as the so-called MSM!

So,you still believe Russia elected Trump?laugh

No, the American people elected Trump, legally and by the design of the founders. Trump is the elected president.

That being said, he does have strong ties to Russia, as well as several of his appointees. This is fact and cannot be disputed.

I never said MSNBS is a legitimate news agency, I just said the Blaze is not.

Ignorance persists when people don't pay attention to what is said, but instead hear talking points and think of responses.

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 12/22/16 09:33 AM

Second, it is not the job of the United States to protect Russian Ambassadors (at least not until after the inauguration).

Fourth, you'd better start looking for something to do the next two years as the GOP controls all facets of government. I'm afraid you'll just be bored.

That Assassination was,by the very nature of the Assailant and his Ideology!

The Blaze is every bit as respectable as the so-called MSM!

So,you still believe Russia elected Trump?laugh

MSN, CNN, PBS, ABC, NBC, are respectable news organizations?
rofl

Let's see there... You seem to believe every news agency except Fox News is "partisan" or "fake." Yeah... I think the problem is with the watcher not with the reporting.

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 12/20/16 07:02 AM

RoamingOrator's photo
Tue 12/20/16 06:57 AM
Well, I've recently decided to "start again." So far, I'm just doing some intro level Tai Chi, but I plan on adding resistance training and yoga in the future.

RoamingOrator's photo
Sun 09/18/16 08:39 PM
The Templars and the Grail: Knights of the Quest
- Karen Ralls

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 09/02/16 12:03 PM

Letting terrorists off the hook for killing Americans

It looks like there’s a new red line in the Middle East. It has been laid down by the Second US Circuit Court of Appeals, which just let the Palestinian Authority off the hook for killing Americans.

It’s a stunning decision that may be the beginning of the end of a decades-long effort to use civil law to hold accountable those responsible for the murder of Americans abroad. What a bitter pill for surviving families who turned to the courts when our presidents refused to act.

What fodder, too, for our presidential campaign, in which the kind of federal judges we want is one of the issues. The three judges who just ruled for the Palestinians were appointed by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/01/letting-terrorists-off-the-hook-for-killing-americans/

I like how you try to turn this into a "Democrat" conspiracy. You point out that a whole 3 judges appointed by Democrats voted "for" Palestine. Which they didn't actually do, they ruled that there wasn't jurisdiction, not whether the case had merit, but we'll let that slide, as it is irrelevant.

What you failed to point out, is that one Democrat ruled against Palestine, and the even bigger failure is to point out that no less than two Republican appointees voted in favor of Palestine - they had to or it wouldn't have been a decision.

What you want isn't "better" appointments, it is a court that rules the way you think it should. You want a "pro-Israel" court, not an American court.

A Pro Israel  court ... is what this nation, USED to be, & always pledged  to be. (They are our allies. One of the few we have left.)

You...know... back when we WERE great... & what it  should  be, but isn't because it k*sses as*, under 8 years of this administration.

So ya.. it is partly... a Democrat vs Republican, thing.
It is also, " Say NO to ISLAMIC world domination thing"

Maybe KANSAS, could  be a gift.
* Severe Sarcasm *

Actually, that isn't even close to true. The U.S. was great, yes, but it was long before Israel even existed. We haven't always backed them, we've only been doing that about 70 years, or less than a third of our time as a nation.

What made America great, was concentrating on America. We are supposed to be a nation that regards what is "right" not what is "religious right." Once America decided to give up freedom for all religions (even Muslims) in favor of a "Christian and appendant religions" society, it started to fail. The more "faith" has been put into our government institutions the fewer freedoms the average citizen has had.

We were and are supposed to have freedom from being governed by religious authority - it's a good thing.

Now, I don't know how you count Israel as an "ally," as it seems to be a one way street. We endorse and back them, they almost never do it for us. If the concept of ally isn't a co-dependent situation, then all it is really being done is us propping up a "friendly" government in a local area. Like a "Banana Republic" except since it's in the Middle East it would be an "Olive Republic." Personally, I think the billions we give them annually would be better spent here at home.

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 09/02/16 10:24 AM
It looks pretty good. If you aren't getting to many responses, I might recommend opening up your "distance from me" on your message restrictions. I live in a rural area about 90 miles from Kansas City, so I tend to go to the city a lot to meet people. You'd be surprised what an "extra 50 miles" might get you!

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 09/02/16 10:19 AM

Letting terrorists off the hook for killing Americans

It looks like there’s a new red line in the Middle East. It has been laid down by the Second US Circuit Court of Appeals, which just let the Palestinian Authority off the hook for killing Americans.

It’s a stunning decision that may be the beginning of the end of a decades-long effort to use civil law to hold accountable those responsible for the murder of Americans abroad. What a bitter pill for surviving families who turned to the courts when our presidents refused to act.

What fodder, too, for our presidential campaign, in which the kind of federal judges we want is one of the issues. The three judges who just ruled for the Palestinians were appointed by Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/01/letting-terrorists-off-the-hook-for-killing-americans/

I like how you try to turn this into a "Democrat" conspiracy. You point out that a whole 3 judges appointed by Democrats voted "for" Palestine. Which they didn't actually do, they ruled that there wasn't jurisdiction, not whether the case had merit, but we'll let that slide, as it is irrelevant.

What you failed to point out, is that one Democrat ruled against Palestine, and the even bigger failure is to point out that no less than two Republican appointees voted in favor of Palestine - they had to or it wouldn't have been a decision.

What you want isn't "better" appointments, it is a court that rules the way you think it should. You want a "pro-Israel" court, not an American court.

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 09/02/16 10:10 AM
Useful

RoamingOrator's photo
Fri 09/02/16 10:09 AM
I'd be the same age. The knowledge or lack thereof doesn't change my age. Feeling "younger" or "older" doesn't change my age either. No matter what time, place or mindset, I am still the age I am.

Now whether I want to act that age, well, that's a different question. :tongue:

RoamingOrator's photo
Thu 08/11/16 03:47 PM
Well, when I was eight, I went with my Grandfather to help sight in a rifle. We set the target at 200 yards and walked back. Grandpa let me shoot first, and, from a prone position, I fired. I hit the can lid we tacked to the board dead center through the nail. The can lid fell away from the board, a very literal "hole in one."

Grandpa didn't even fire the rifle himself, he figured if I could hit dead center at that range, it was sighted in fine.

I hope this is the kind of "non-golf" related story you were looking for!!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25