Fri 06/09/17 04:57 PM

Yes, Well yes, I am too old for the crib and too young for the porch rocker

old enough to know better and still too young to carewinking

Love it Hateusernames!

Im putting that on a bumper sticker drinker
waving drinker Yay!!!

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/09/17 04:47 PM
I agree with your list. A few years ago Joni Mitchell was the only woman on the Guitar One 10 Best.

Here's an add. Better known for vocals and songwriting she can also play a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cUm2OwnPs

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/09/17 04:17 PM
Been listening to RAGE Rage Against The Machine on my daily commute 9somehow seems fitting], and also STAIND.

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/09/17 04:13 PM

It's true!bigsmile
Morning comes too early!grumble

Hey Conradwaving

That is my thought most mornings, also!

Hatesusernames2's photo
Thu 06/08/17 08:30 PM
Yes, Well yes, I am too old for the crib and too young for the porch rocker

old enough to know better and still too young to carewinking

Hatesusernames2's photo
Thu 06/08/17 08:25 PM

By the way, referring to lawful penalties and fines as "slush fund" is just a bit on the fake-news, propaganda end of things. Shame on the Republicans who played that game.

I agree. More information would indeed be interesting. One of my many questions is, were those interest groups ones who had actively supported his campaign? laugh

Boo Hoosad to those who don;t like the term slush fund...was it a questionable attempt to pad the coffers of special interest groups? That would be a slush fund.

.... What matters is whether the awards were appropriate. They do not seem to be. I read the practice violated appropriations procedures and the special interests groups eventually began to compete with the actual victims for settlement money.surprised The practice apparently had a negative impact on victim settlements. I hope Sessions digs in & makes those interest groups repay to the victims.

Lawful penalties? Were they? Why should money go to parties who are neither victims or party to the cases?spock

Hatesusernames2's photo
Thu 06/08/17 05:13 PM

mmm....IDK Soph, I don;t think Maggie would let herself be photographed in rollerslaugh :wink:

I think you are right..he didn't even know
where The Falklands were.

well...many others have probably forgotten that by now as well lol. Did anyone stateside know they existed till the war?

Hatesusernames2's photo
Thu 06/08/17 05:03 PM

another point of confusion,, what constitutes a 'high crime' exactly

Harmony I quote below from the Constitution Society web site http://www.constitution.org/cmt/high_crimes.htm

It's a good question you are asking and it refers to things like treason, bribery, abuse of office. there is much additional information on the origins intent and interpretation of High Crimes on this web site FYI

From constitution.org

"The question of impeachment turns on the meaning of the phrase in the Constitution at Art. II Sec. 4, "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors". I have carefully researched the origin of the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" and its meaning to the Framers, and found that the key to understanding it is the word "high". It does not mean "more serious". It refers to those punishable offenses that only apply to high persons, that is, to public officials, those who, because of their official status, are under special obligations that ordinary persons are not under, and which could not be meaningfully applied or justly punished if committed by ordinary persons."

Hatesusernames2's photo
Thu 06/08/17 04:47 PM

The only time I've witnessed what I would consider to be a correct and accurate use of the threat of impeachment, was back during the Watergate mess. In that case, the problematic concerns about the President were so fundamental to the function of the country, that no other business COULD proceed, without addressing them.

The impeachment of Clinton was definitely a petty partisan effort to overturn a vote that the opposition resented, and so far, I have not seen enough evidence to support anything other than the same kind of partisan effort against Trump.

In the case of Clinton, the possible "crime," was as close to nonsense as I've seen (lying about cheating on a spouse is NOT a "high crime or misdemeanor"). In the case of the accusations against Trump, those are much more serious, but again, none of the evidence presented so far, supports anything more than possible prosecution of several of his appointees and relatives, for corruption.

However, the "threat" of impeachment against Trump, is NOT AT ALL impeding either the President, or Congress. A couple of subcommittees are spending a relatively small amount of time reviewing evidence collected by other people. Other than that, it's all fluff in the mass media. The members of Congress who could be acting on the other issues of the day, are not involved, and so can accomplish whatever they like, provided they can get enough Republicans to agree.

The divisions within the GOP, especially between the party and the President on POLICY and on Presidential actions, is where the action to see to the interests of the United States is being flummoxed. The whole deal with impeachment hasn't affected anything.

Point taken. Let me rephrase to amend that it would detract from other meaningful work given that the impeachment is likely frivolous due to lack of evidence of high crimes committed, treason, for example.

So, if something like that has been committed and a Prez is putting the peeps in imminent danger .....the impeachment becomes the important and meaningful work at that point

Long and short it is an important tool for checks and balances, but the word is bandied about too frivolously, imo

I was coming from the perspective of an unecessary impeachment effort

Hatesusernames2's photo
Wed 06/07/17 04:45 PM
To Igor's point I would expect Congress or the Justices to stop the bleeding. Balance people, balance.

but in general I agree Harmony, that impeachment is very serious because no matter who is in office, that person won their particular election. And, the process would detract from other important, meaningful work.

So just because we don;t like a policy is not a good enough reason for impeachment

The policy we may not like, the majority who voted the person in, probably does like. In our system we protect the individual but we often move forward in policy with one type of majority vote or another. [Imperfections aside]ohwell

Hatesusernames2's photo
Wed 06/07/17 04:28 PM
Hello Harmony! Another fun thread. How do you think if these???? From your list I definitely like Ben Affleck.

Are we supposed to pick Celebrities? Well OK, let's see: lots of cuties out there....

in no particular order who I think is sexy [dead or alive or somewhere in between] lol

Morgan Freeman , Sidney Poitier, Clint Eastwood, Liam Neeson, Jackie Chan, Keanu Reeves, Bruce Willis, Paul McCartney, Hugh Grant, Naughty Prince Harryflowers

that;s the short list just off the top of my head :)

Hatesusernames2's photo
Wed 06/07/17 04:23 PM

That looks like John Major a former prime minister of the uk!
I knew there was something about him rofl

What a coincidence!
I think he is channeling Margaret Thatcher in this pic.

mmm....IDK Soph, I don;t think Maggie would let herself be photographed in rollerslaugh :wink:

Hatesusernames2's photo
Tue 06/06/17 04:43 PM
stir fried beef strips with peppers, onion and garlic over brown and jasmine rice mix... a little soy, sugar and hot sauce in the sauce...yummmmmmmmmlove

Hatesusernames2's photo
Tue 06/06/17 04:38 PM

A penis.

fussy

Hatesusernames2's photo
Tue 06/06/17 04:38 PM

Most women have been with A**Holes, and don't know how to treat a nice guy. they try to change them into what they are use to, but what i don't understand is why would someone want to be an A**Hole.trying to change me into something i'm not is a deal breaker.

People tend to attract like minded people
laugh

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/02/17 07:12 PM

Many people seem to have blanket assumptions about all politicians being 'crooked'. I hear it and read it all the time and believe it was the major excuse I heard from those voting Trump.

I think it is a foolish assumption but so be it. My question is why it is so acceptable to assume all politicians are crooked, but so unacceptable to believe cops in some areas are bullies/crooks.

So strange that between two authority figures who are given control over the lives of others, our culture and media have the narrative that all POLITICIANS are likely crooked, but most cops likely are not.

Hello Harmony, I hope this evening finds you well. You have posted another interesting topic.
:thumbsup:

I am thinking....and I do not assume that either profession is populated by crooks and sleaze. I think in any profession there are going to be some bad apples, and that includes the police and the politicians. I think we can find evidence of both goodness and corruption in almost any job, including public service.

agreed flowerforyou

flowerforyou waving I admire the public servants I have come into contact with over the years!! Even the ones I did not always agree with. They are under constant scrutiny. I don't really recall any corruption first hand. Some public servants I have met could try to remember that our taxes pay their salaries spock .....but that is not corruption.

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/02/17 07:02 PM
umm just now getting dinner...

Hatesusernames2's photo
Fri 06/02/17 06:35 PM

Many people seem to have blanket assumptions about all politicians being 'crooked'. I hear it and read it all the time and believe it was the major excuse I heard from those voting Trump.

I think it is a foolish assumption but so be it. My question is why it is so acceptable to assume all politicians are crooked, but so unacceptable to believe cops in some areas are bullies/crooks.

So strange that between two authority figures who are given control over the lives of others, our culture and media have the narrative that all POLITICIANS are likely crooked, but most cops likely are not.

Hello Harmony, I hope this evening finds you well. You have posted another interesting topic.
:thumbsup:

I am thinking....and I do not assume that either profession is populated by crooks and sleaze. I think in any profession there are going to be some bad apples, and that includes the police and the politicians. I think we can find evidence of both goodness and corruption in almost any job, including public service.