ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Thu 08/09/07 01:51 AM
Helena, MT

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Thu 08/09/07 01:24 AM
ticklish

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Thu 08/09/07 01:23 AM
Yo Homeboy...Peace, Welcome, and have a blast.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Thu 08/09/07 12:50 AM
It is better to put a tax on consumption, than income.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Thu 08/09/07 12:45 AM
One of my favorite T. Paine quotes is:

"My mind is my own church."

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 11:57 PM
Hi Bay,

I do believe that we introduced ourselves, but for everyone to see I must ask:

Will you be my friend? flowerforyou :smile: ***high five***

I enjoy chatting with you and look forward to more conversations that are either joyful and/or enlightening. :smile:

M---

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 11:27 PM
aawwhh...that was nice flowerforyou Love takes time and friction to smooth out into refinement. :smile:

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 11:17 PM
Jerks run sprints, nice guys run the marathon.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:54 PM
Q: Why is Santa so jolly?

A: Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:36 PM
Go play paint ball or try rock climbing.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:36 PM
That is wonderful. May those butterfly wings carry you further and further into love. :smile:

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:30 PM
Wow! I can't compete with 13 years, so you have to take my advice with a grain a salt and that is:

Long term:

You loved and cared about the person and it is ok to genuinely care for your ex, but not "love" anymore. It is not fair to the next woman in your life or to you.

Learn and grow from it and bring your growth into your next relationship.

Celebrate your new found bachlerhood and freedom. Do things that your previous engagement prevented you from or find some new hobbies.

Short term:

Find a prostitute or a bar fly and show them a good time smokin drinker :smile:

Just expressing my own opinion, but best of luck to you.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:20 PM
Caveat: I might not agree with what I am saying, but I am just tossing ideas out there.

As a 28 yr old male, my sex drive is mellowing out, but still strong (At least I do not pop a bonner in between classes anymore and have to hide it with books :smile: ) But my fellow female sex drive is revving up.

Some studies have shown that we have much more in common than previously thought. Other studies have shown that males would rather prefer a beautiful lady working at minimum wage, while a female prefers a ”non-attractive" male making good money.

I am making a sweeping generalization, but males prefer looks while females prefer bread winners.

Would you “successful” females be happy with a “house husband?”

My guess, is that you would not be and it would create conflict.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 10:07 PM
I grew up in a non-religious household. When I was 5 yrs old, I believed in God. I still reflect on that belief; whether it was a natural/innate belief or if I picked up that belief from my loving, catholic grandmother and the religious world around me.

The only time I got on my knees to pray to God was when I was 8 or 9. I was lying in my bed looking through my skylight, and this overwhelming came over me. I got out of bed and prayed to God and said something along these lines while tears rolled down my cheeks:cry::

"I do not know if you exist, but if you do, then show me and I will follow your will. If not, then I will live my life the best way I can and I will live it without you. If you do not like this, then it is your fault, since you gave me my mind to use." I was a deist at the age of 9 and did not even know it

Even since then I have been a freethinker and non-theist and grappling with atheism, agnosticism, and diesm.

Currently, I am an atheist-deist. To me it is a process and not an absolute. I may never arrive at a label, but I will enjoy the pursuit :smile:

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 09:05 PM
Unless you prove me otherwise, I think we get recycled.

Enjoy it while you can :smile:

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 09:00 PM
I literally watched that movie three times in a row. It was gripping. Afterwards I needed to take some time off and reflect. I am a non-theist, so I will refrain from the religious comments.

That movie made you think and question. It was full of hyperbole, which leaves the discretion to the viewer to "tone down".

After watching the part on 9/11, I came to the conclusion that the US government is not being transparant. I am not saying that I am a conspiratist, but the US government is not telling the whole story.

It made me question the nature of war. Monetary incentive play apart of war, and I never thought about that. They might not be the only incentive, they may play a role in starting and maitaining a war. It is not the only incentive like the movie makes it out to be.

I liked the movie.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 08:48 PM
Thanks King, but I am either blind as a bat or something is not right.

I was just curious, I am not one for deletion. For the threads I don't like I just ignore.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 08:43 PM
I only I have a reply button at the bottom of my post.

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 08:41 PM
Hello and Welcome

First, I would ask you to define intelligence. If you are strictly limiting to IQ, I would guess Europe and North America.

Anyways, I am not sure if you are being serious or real, but welcome aboard and have fun.

P.S. How does one delete a thread?

ILikeFlipFlops's photo
Wed 08/08/07 08:34 PM
Toledo

Previous 1 3 4 5 6