Community > Posts By > Emily1990

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 09:45 PM
can do, after i finish this model i can script enemy ai, the first aberrant ^^

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 09:10 PM
i firmly believe if you like someone admit it. none of that "guy has to do this" and "girl has to do this" if you think im hot say it and vice versa laugh saves sooo much time that could be better spent getting to know eachother.

like il say it now, your a very good lookin man with a good state of mind there! flowerforyou

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 09:04 PM
as i said above, start selling, and IF it goes well, spread everywhere possible. obviously begin with the pc station clients (steam and all), etc. but i am seeking maximum self profit before i start having to share haha laugh

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 08:29 PM
it isnt a advantage when you own your own servers to host the files, websites etc for purchase, demos, etc. haha i got it covered without loss of profit, sorry i just plan ahead alot laugh

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 07:23 PM
pc, and if its seen well enough il do consoles, nut consoles take 30% of your profit so im refusing to begin with them

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 06:45 PM
Edited by Emily1990 on Thu 05/27/10 06:46 PM
its a horror survival, and this is a worker, it swallows food into a storage organ and bring to the hive. the hunter is very thin with razor edged jaws and piercing tongue section. hunters are in small packs accompanied by workers, they form the basic foraging group of a hive

begane the model as a hunter than decided to move it to worker for the sake of neutral base model to work with

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 05:25 PM

You might want to change the lower half of its form a little. Either make his feet bigger, or longer legs with more arc. If you look from the front and side; while standing idle they have a high chance of falling on their face. Longer legs with them pushed forward up to the front of the rib cage more would also added the benefit of clawing while leaping (like a raptor) and running faster (longer gait).

Otherwise, it looks good!

yeah im still working on the leg ratios, it will have the muscled balance design and built for spreed not power.

the ribcage is actually being shrunk down a little now aswell, but in reality the current ratio is ideal balance, the plates are very heavy while basic body is quite light.

because of their anatomy none but the hunters will have a leaping for claw attacks. They simply cant risk jumpingas it would damage many major organs, namely the tail and throat, a poor jump would make them land on it and rupture the tissue. the weapon of the species is powerful jaws, and an extreemly deadly tongue. and other caste members will have much different weapons as the hive needs. which was posted above.
All in all they are very fast and large numbers.

the main issue not is getting the legs right, i may delete them and redo it ha. but the jaws are blunt and simple, for the worker caste doesnt need much. Stubby up the body for sure aswell

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 04:25 PM

rough texture, detail work, etc. getting there

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:26 AM
rofl yes! i would totally support this invention!

Emily1990's photo
Thu 05/27/10 10:20 AM
Edited by Emily1990 on Thu 05/27/10 10:21 AM
yeah i just modeled the back plate to cover leg portion of the back and blend those tail plates properly, adding small ridging to the back, few more neck vertecies for smoother animation, tongue almost done, still need to clean feet plates, modifying leg muscle definition. and adding more torso emphasis to see where neck and ribcage breaks

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 11:34 PM
Edited by Emily1990 on Wed 05/26/10 11:36 PM

Aye, textures is what I meant, sorry. Are there hinges for movement of the head and body? Just curious as to how smooth the movement will look with the model. ^^

yeah textures will be hand drawn and styled, im doing a subtle cell shaded graphics style

the animation is using the bone tools and will be smoothly done. i know the value of animation. so many companys forget it and it takes away from the atmosphere of the game

feel free to advise and wants while im workin on it, once it hits texture stage im not goin back to model haha

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 11:26 PM
Edited by Emily1990 on Wed 05/26/10 11:31 PM
yeah feet are work in progress thats a rough outline of te leg plates. The detail is actually pretty well its just untextured currently thats the base mesh.

the final coloring will be a dark earthy tone with black head plates, black jaws, black tail plates, and a bioluminescent glowing tail end pseudo firefly like under the plates. black leg plates aswell. small bioluminescent patches in the plates etc.

poly count is 1,000 tops, because im looking at major numbers on the screen at a time, texture and animation will compensate for the detail

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 06:43 PM
Edited by Emily1990 on Wed 05/26/10 06:58 PM
o wow it is real alot of credible places have it there, im amazed at this lil animal now! learned something new today.

this was neat- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pploDkZ07BI&feature=related

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 06:41 PM
i want to say fake i research animals especial insects, crustations, etc for inspiration all the time and just for how fascinating they are, but this has totaly avoided me. if its real im about to go on a research spree, il let ya know what is found, i hope its real cause thats cool ^^

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 06:33 PM

I'm not sure what program you're using, but from my experience, Maya 3d rendering software does a better job in producing quality renderings and comps than other software I've played with.

i use 3dmax and work with maya sometimes, but it doesnt matter if your doing a movie or such then thats important, but the rendering is done with the game engine, the model is low poly and all because of huge numbers on screen at a time. and im not one of those make it look real types. style is better anyday. and runs better.

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 06:01 PM
i dont know what to tell you hun, but i would say think it all through, decide whats best. I wish you the best flowerforyou

All my ex's are totaly removed from life or best friends now so i dont know this one yet

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 05:13 PM
Edited by Emily1990 on Wed 05/26/10 05:14 PM

nearly done, any opinions? feet back tongue and torso left. then good ol optimizing of the model, etc

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 03:07 PM
i believe in letting people own guns, Guns arent evil, its the person that weilds it that is or isnt. We need them to protect ourselves from the cruel and evil side of society, banning them is a very foolish act

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 12:16 PM
a good man who stands up for himself and makes me laugh flowerforyou

Emily1990's photo
Wed 05/26/10 12:13 PM
8 for that handsome face flowerforyou

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25