Community > Posts By > Chance1972

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 11:36 AM
So the general feeling is to wait until after I'm divorced to approach a woman?

At least where most women will be concerned.

I understand everything that's been said and I appreciate the quick feedback.

Wow, this is going to be a long period of desolation.
Anyone have any ideas on how to deal?

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 07:58 AM
Because a lot of guys aren't ready for the responsibility of a child. It's a preference like wanting to meet a woman that doesn't smoke or has no knowledge in the use of automated weapons.

Personally, I don't shy away from "mommies". I've always wanted to start a family.

The automatic weapon thing DOES scare me though.
Especially if she knows how to use them REALLY well.

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 07:54 AM
I am separated and have (and let me make this clear) NO intention of reconciling with my ex. She is a hurtful, bothered woman who lies like a bearskin rug and getting away from her is the best decision I've made in many years.

In mentioning this, as I've discussed with both men and women, a good cross section of available women will say "...that's okay, but thank you for showing interest. TAXI!" because of fear of reconciliation or the ex reappearing.

While I understand that, how exactly can I reassure a potential soulmate that I:

A ) Would rather be staked to a fire ant hill in the Australian Outback than interact with that woman again

B ) Do all I can to cultivate our relationship and make sure that the ex is never mentioned or seen?

If it isn't tough enough being this particular age, not looking like Enrique Iglesias, or pulling down a $60,000 a year salary, I have to compete with this aspect too?

I'm just whining, I know. But it's a valid whine, no?
Goes well with fish AND chicken? (Ba dump bump happy )

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 07:44 AM
In this world, that's a toughie.
But I know there are a LOT of women out there that are that way.
Just harder to find because some jerk wasn't honest and faithful with them.

I'd like to find these guys individually and smack around for all of the hearts they've broken.

Makes it hard for nice guys to meet nice ladies.

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 07:42 AM
"LOVE WILL FIND YOU"

Glad I changed my address.

Seriously, I get the whole "you've got to get out there" thing (even though I'm going on dating websites...which is NOT "getting out there" technically, but why nitpick?).

It's the waiting game that's sticking in my craw.
But I won't be pushy.

Love's got my number. My phone's on all the time.
Unlimited minutes.
That's right, ladies. Unlimited minutes. Start swooning.....now.

Chance1972's photo
Sat 06/26/10 07:36 AM
That's ridicul...that one in the back looks pretty good.:smile:

Chance1972's photo
Fri 06/25/10 12:44 PM
I don't care about extra equipment being added to a woman's body.
All I want is a mind that can link with mine, a heart that isn't out to hurt mine, and a soul that can bond with mine.

Chance1972's photo
Fri 06/25/10 12:42 PM
Fear.
It's on both sides.
Not wanting to be hurt again by some guy who looks like the right one.
Stinks to be a guy that's not like all the rest though.

Good guy here.
I'm not the most attractive looking man in the bunch, but I'm not Quasimodo.
At least I don't think so.
I've got a good heart, morals, an amazing joke repertoire AND I can spell repertoire.

I get it but it hurts like heck.

Chance1972's photo
Fri 06/25/10 12:27 PM
I think my chances are slim.
I'm hopeful but that 299 pound raven called Doubt is sitting on my shoulder and picking at my temple.

Too graphic.

Anywho, it amazes me how many beautiful women there are on this site but what's not amazing is how many of them won't respond to me.

It's not just low self esteem, I just don't rate with a lot of the other guys out there looking for a special woman. They'll get picked first like a softball game of love and it'll come down to me or the guy with the eye patch and tattoo on his nose.

But I'll get picked before him.
HA! See, my self esteem isn't THAT low!