Community > Posts By > Mac60

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:55 PM
I go to the store for 2 things and come home with one. I don't think this store would work for me. What? A list? What a novel idea.

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:51 PM

there is a comma between those two points

Yes, that's grammatically correct. And your point is...?

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:46 PM

Seriously though....please make up some pants that fit the younger generation instead of them wearing them 10 sizes to big

Amen!

And ever see "Easy Money" with Rodney Dangerfield?
How 'bout the Regular Guy Look.

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:41 PM
But then it seems that one would have the right to keep and bear arms as long as he is part of(or agrees to be part of if necessary) a well regulated miltia. Consequently then, only those that are part of the militia would have the right to keep and bear arms as stated in the 2nd Amendment. Right?

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:33 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Sat 02/02/08 04:33 PM
Pat Buchanan had a good take on McCain after the debate. Here's McCain's platform- all stuff that has come out of McCain's mouth recently:

1. The jobs aren't coming back
2. The illegals aren't going home and
3. The war might last another 100 years.

And this guy is the frontrunner!!!!

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:23 PM
Interesting and well reasoned Tobias. The only issue I see with that is the first part of the 2nd Amendment. Here's the whole text:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Clearly, the right to keep and bear arms is in some way tied to a well regulated militia. So what exactly is meant by a "well regulated militia"?

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:09 PM

Hey Tobias, let me ask a question. Do you believe that citizens have an absolute right to bear arms? Arms of any kind?

No. Ordinary people should not get grenades or rocket launchers. I support the history checks that we have in place and believe we should enforce them as much as posslible.

Now that being said I think that people should be able to have the weapons they need to protect themselve and their family. These include but are not limited to handguns, shotguns, and rifles.

Now that sounds very reasonable to me. But in the same breath, you are denying arms to citizens. Where do we draw the line? And does the Constitution allow us to draw the line?

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:04 PM

With guns!!!

it's not the object, but the intent behind the object. should we make knives illegal? axes? bats? pens? ....?

Very good question and topic for discussion. Maybe you could answer my question above before we continue.

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:58 PM
Hey Tobias, let me ask a question. Do you believe that citizens have an absolute right to bear arms? Arms of any kind?

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:52 PM

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. ;D

With guns!!!

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:50 PM
Hi Suzin

Hi Sas

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:41 PM

That iguana on your shoulder could be scarin' em off laugh

Very observant to identify her as an iguana, rather than just a lizard. And she's a real sweetheart. You should meet her sometime.

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 03:32 PM
Matches! I need matches! I'm rubbing the 2 sticks together, but it just ain't working.

Mac60's photo
Sat 02/02/08 12:20 PM
Ok...I'm probably blind but I scrolled through last night and today and did not find my matches. Could it be? There are no matches?

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 08:03 PM
We'll stop at my mother's house and pick up a shovel.

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:55 PM

laugh wow this thread just doen't slow down for a minute, lifted my face up out of my keyboard and two more pages, good thing im an evelyn woodhead sped reader, lol

Holy Cow. Someone else remembers that. I remember a radio staion had a character named Billy Bob Findlay, who was the celebrity endorser for the "Evelyn Speed Wood Reading Course".

I believe it was WPGC- AM & FM Morningside..

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:47 PM

She's hurt so many people in this state.... Three of my friends lost their jobs because of her and they had GREAT state jobs too. Now, they're working for less wages and can hardly make it now... So, no, don't like her one bit....

Well, she can't be any worse than McCain:

The jobs aren't coming back
The illegals aren't leaving
And the war might last 100 years

**** And he's the frontrunner!!! ****

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:42 PM
How many Granholm's does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer......"What's a light bulb"

Well she is blonde, isn't she?

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:38 PM

am I invisible on here??? would someone at least say hi, pinch me, something!

That pinch me line seems to have worked real well for you, kirk. You sly dog.

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:35 PM

I really do live in the wrong damn state....I hate snow!!! I hate Ice...and I hate my govenor!!grumble

Hate em all, man, that's the ONLY way to go!
(Smoke em if you got em)

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25